login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The V Word revisited

This is a take off on Mel’s thread The V Word
Btw, Mel we need you here(: Hope to see you soon!

I am a vegetarian at heart, though not in practice. There are many reasons why the lifestyle interests me, I just haven’t found a complete menu that works for me, for my needs (mostly health and yes often taste too).

So while I’m not a true vegetarian, I would like this to be a thread for those who are (or just have good recipes), to share their favorite vegetarian (vegan and or almost completely vegan) recipes.

And if possible: – no soy, carrots or sting beans

Thanks!
Lots of love, SELFCARE

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I would like someone to post some good lentil/bean burger/patty recipes. Really tasty ones that you find your carniverous friends devouring without complaint. I want some recipes where people remark “that’s so good, I can’t believe there isn’t any meat!”, know what I mean?

Now I will share my favourite way to cook asparagus…

Break off the woody ends. Place in baking tray in moderate oven (200 degrees C). Drizzel over a little olive oil to coat. Roast for about 10 mins, or less if very thin. Sqeeze over 1 lemon and a small splash of balsamic vinegar, season with salt & pepper. You could shave over some parmesan or it’s perfect without. Much better than boiled I reckon!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Tonights dinner was pumpkin soup, it was delicious and fast.
Hokkaido pumpkin cut in cubes, cover with water, salt and pepper and cook.
Fry an onion and a tiny piece of ginger in a bit of olive oil, and add it to the pumpkin. cook until the pumpkin is soft, puree the whole thing adding a bit of cayanne pepper and bit of cumin.

…what a wonderful world….

In response to Vivi exercises daily!‘s post:
I have been experimenting baking vegetables in the oven. It is great, you need less oil and it tastes alot better than boiling.
Asparagus. Fenil. Zucchini. Butternut.

I’ve been making lentil burgers for years now, a staple in our household since going veg.

You will need –
1 cup red lentils
1/2 cup french black lentils (the ones that hold their shape even when cooked)
2 cups assorted vege – i use carrots, mushrooms, kale or spinach
1 onion
garlic, chilli and herb to taste.

wash the lentil REALLY well
saute onions and chilli and add firm veges and garlic. cook for five minutes
add green leaves of choice and lentils
add enough water to cover
add herbs

simmer until all the water has evaporated and lentils are soft.

blend until mushier but not sloppy (hope that makes sense)
add a heaped tablespoon of flour and a handful of sunflower seeds.

drop spoonfuls onto a baking tray and flatten
bake for 15 min at 200 C
flip and return to oven for 10 more min.

serve with fav burger additions.

i have also made with pumpkin instead of red lentils – bake first, then puree and add after blending.

ENJOY!

I have put alot of thought in to being veg in recent months. I’d rather say now that I practice veganism that tell people that I am “a vegan”. It feels more honest. I can’t fight against trace ingredient especially when eating out or getting take away. Of course I try my best and usually only eat out at places I trust but I’m not going to let my principles get in the way of a peaceful meal with good friends.
any steps you can take towards this practice is positive, laurie. you are not wrong in making it fit with your health needs too. Personally I believe everyone could be vegan in a perfect world, but it’s not a perfect world and everyone’s transition is different.

In response to melt86’s post:
Thank you Mel, sounds really delicious.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

HI Mel, Good to see you around here again!! Thank you for the recipe. I am sending it to my hubby to make for lunch today… It sounds awesome!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

carrots have a wonderful flavor that is hard to imitate. Can you think of a substitute..because I cannot eat them.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
I agree GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE MEL!

And MM,I was looking at a post of yours

You must have loads of vegetarian recipes. Please share some too(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hey Mel!! My kids DEVOURED it. My hubby added a spice blend called Kefta – which is usually used with ground beef in Moroccan dishes… and everyone gobbled it up. Thanks!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

What’s kefta?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
Might be wrong but I believe she means Kofta I know it from the turkish cousin.

In response to aftab’s post:
I think MM does mean ‘Kefta’ which is the spice blend used in Kofta?
There are so many variations of words that derive from the spices used in the dish or an element in a dish – for example Cous cous – which most of us know as the grain itself, but in its homeland its the entire dish including the veg etc aswell as the grain.

Afi – great picture of Kofta – made my tummy rumble….but not sure me sharing that is appropriate to this thread!!! LOL!

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
LOL that’s true. And actually I meant to have shared the turkish one that uses the specific spice. I just noticed that I shared the persian variation of it, which is different than what I meant.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content