login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Creating anticipation/ expectancy

Does anyone have any ideas about good ways to create anticipation/expectancy?

Put in another way…..ACT AS IF…….. ACT LIKE YOU ARE ALREADY…..

I know there has to be good ways to utilize the concept but at the moment nothing is coming up.

Any ideas???????

Joseph

It depends. For me, one goal is to own a house on the beach front in Northern California. What I have done is researched the houses that are for sale in the area. I printed off color copies to put in my “Reach for the Stars” binder. I like to make sure I have all of the views I can get. For me, I have a collage of different houses that will be MY perfect house. (one has a better view – another has a killer living room, etc)

Then, just before bed, I take a L O N G look at the pictures – trying to memorize each detail. Then, when I am in my lucid dream state, I just visualize myself having a typical day in the house. I know all the details of my house and can see them clearly. I see myself in my bed (just about to get up for the day) with my furniture in the room. I can smell the fire in the fireplace that my husband just lit. I can feel the gentle, yet very cool breeze of the ocean that is finding its way through the cracked window. The smell of the ocean mixed with the smell of the burning embers is so vivid.

I stumble to the kitchen and pour myself a cup of hot tea and grab my favorite fuzzy blanket and join my husband outside on the deck and listen to the ocean waves as they meet the sand. Anyway, I could go on and on, but you get the idea. To me, just thinking about what I would do to the littlest detail gets me very excited.

Sometimes, I go over these scenes before I fall asleep, but it tends to get me too worked up and then I can’t fall asleep because I spend the next few hours going over tons of scenerios about what I’m doing in my beautiful beach house… :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

BTW, I have a binder of my loftiest goals. I call it my “Reach for the Stars” binder. I have sectioned it off with tabs for my different goals. Each of them contains different symbols for what I desire. It may be a photograph or a brochure. For me, I want a special tree in my yard. I have a beautiful fall leave – perfect in shape and color that represents one of the details that are in my goal.

One particular tab I had was a goal that isn’t a “thing”. When I was losing weight, I had pictures of my ideal self. It also contained exercise workout cards, nutritional diaries, specific targets. I visited that tab daily. I entered my daily goals, my achievements, my contracts with myself about my actions. I also put how I would reciprocate to others – in this case, it was with my workout partner who was also working with me. I reciprocated with encouragement.

I also have a box that my children and I put together. It is called my 9-1-1- box (named by my son who wants to be a police officer and nothing to do with emergencies). In it are three dimensional symbols that cannot go in my binder. Sometimes just taking them out and feeling, smelling, viewing gives me the feeling of gratitude and excitement that comes with the knowing that it is on its way.

The trick is to keep them updated and view them often. Once you have attained the goal, you can decide to remove it and replace it with a new one or just whittle down your current goals.

One particular thing that is helpful to me – is that I also have a section for reciprocation. I want this beach house, but how am I going to help others for the greater good of all? Well, I have that answer – and its personal – but it is my way of giving back for the good that I receive. It isn’t about if you give me “x” then I will give you “y”. It is more of how can I express my gratitude and give back to the world for all the blessings that I receive.

Hope this helps!! :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Love the visions you create!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

That’s a wonderful way of doing it, MM. It is very motivating. I have certain goals for keeping good health but I tend to falter and then keep feeling guilty. I know I should pick up from where I am and restart as each time its taking me closer to my aim.
I have often visualized myself as a very vivacious, fun loving, smartly dressed person who runs a business of her own— part of my dream is there and the remaining is just round the corner. I am proud of my achievements.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Yes.
Live each day as if IT has happened already…
Make room for the extra responsibiities for say a promotion, and make plans for the money in your subconscious. In my case, there is a wedding coming up that was once causing financial concern. I now visualise this as a lavish and elegant event that everyone enjoys. I visualise the comfort of knowing I can afford it. I affirm abundance and feel abundance in the present.

So in short, prepare for the anticipated goal reaching by living as if it has already happened. By preparing your mind, heart and subconscious for it you are simply making it easier to accept it when it comes to fruition.

Visuals are great, but physically doing and feeling like it is already so reinforces the visuals and puts you smack in the middle of the ‘dream’ – live it, dont JUST visualise it !!

A full and thankful heart..

In response to SONIA’s post:

Sonia, it sounds like you have wonderful visions of yourself. You already ARE a very vivacious, fun loving person. You just need to believe it.

When someone asks you what you do, you answer, “I own my own business”. This isn’t lieing, because you ARE already a business owner. You are simply in the planning stage. You can tell them you also have a day job as XXXXX – if it makes you feel better.

It feels funny at first. I know it did for me. However, when people asked me what kind, I simply answered that I was opening an import business. People usually really don’t care and they say “oh, that is nice.”

Pretty soon, you will begin to understand that you DO own a business. It is simply in the planning stages and you haven’t had any capital outlay yet. Then, your subconscious puts ideas into your head that you can begin to implement… maybe it is the perfect name for your business. Maybe it is the product or service you are going to offer. People who have important information just show up in your life. Maybe you meet someone from the Small Business Development Center… Synchronicity just happens.

A Smartly Dressed woman is easy. Just pick an outfit or a piece at a time and incorporate it slowly in your life. In my early 30’s, I used to “mannequin shop”. If I saw a smartly dressed mannequin, I would buy the whole outfit. :)

Sonia, you are so close. You know what you want, now just get the details clear. It is right there for you to grab at. Don’t let any person or worse …your own fear… determine your limitations!!!

Wonderful suggestions!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks so very much MM for the details. I really know I am close and all my desires are slowly but surely being fulfilled. Its so encouraging to have friends like all of you.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

I use visualisations also and feel myself there.
For simple things it has worked pretty good, for example I change my workplace relatively often, being in IT, we are often put in dungeons. So everytime before an assignment, I have visualized myself at a light and spacious work place. And it has worked pretty good so far.

For bigger things, I am still using visualisations, practicing more often and pay more attention to my posture, breathing etc. when there. Then I transform that in my normal day to day – going slowly though.

I use technics by Anthony Robbins for this.

…what a wonderful world….

I find the “act as if’s” pretty easy “most of the time” (:

Some of the tools I’ve used over the years is much writing, good self-chat, and audio-speakers I can relate to.

I listen to my audios, and be the best I can be, and continue to grow by doing the footwork. Footwork gives me the belief in myself I need.I believe if someone else has learned it, I can learn it too.

Now I might not use the same strengths someone else uses to acquire the same info, though I can sharpen my weak areas and “lean” on the areas that come more natural for me.

With self talk, I keep it real. I can actually sense when the part of me who feels deeply feels I am ignoring them. When that happens my self-talk is almost meaningless. That to me, is what creates what is known as the impostor syndrome. The impostor syndrome, is when you feel, who do I think I am to believe that I deserve or can acquire something I’m working on. It also says, this is a joke, I may be doing the job, but wait till they find me out..I’m no such and such.

To keep the impostor syndrome from happening, talk to your true self. Ask yourself how you’re really doing. If you don’t get a response, you might be mad at you. You may have stopped trusting you. I know you think I’m batty(: Though, bottom line, you really do have a self, and you desire a personal loving exciting enthusiastic relationship with you.

Who do you think you are doing affirmations for? What do you think you are doing it for? Well ask you the important questions like:
How are you today?..really.

Do not neglect you and to thyself be true(:

[added quote in 2015]

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
Absolutely.
There is no hope if you dont truly believe in what you are saying to yourself.
If you are ‘acting as if’ the desired situation exists already you do have to fully believe it too.

Easier said than done – but its all about self belief and telling that imposter self to ‘shhh! I know best’ and ‘It IS so’.

I think the simplest way to stop the ‘imposter syndrome’ from creeping in like a little ‘voice of reason’ (one talked about my MCM) is to simply make all the physical steps to embody that reality – soon enough you WILL believe it and it WILL become a reality. Dont let the voice of so-called ‘reason’ have a chance to speak because you are already DOING IT, LIVING IT AND BEHAVING ACCORDINGLY….

:o)

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Yes! Footwork, Mindwork, and Godwork!

Physical Action, Thought Action, and Faith (Spiritual) Action

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I have to laugh at myself in a way. Years ago, In an inspired mood, I mangaed to explain to my oldest daughter how to use expectancy to create the life she wanted. She took off and ran with it. The pathetic thing about it is that I can’t remember what I told her! Ha!

In response to dinkledorfer’s post:
Ask her, she might remember. We can also profit from it.

I remember the suggestion somewhere: Fake it till you make it.
I am not sure if I like the idea. While faking it, you are not real and natural. Like faking being confident when you are not, or faking being witty when you are not. I just cann’t figure out how that could work, without making a complete fool out of yourself.
But then maybe one is supposed to make a fool out of oneself, until one makes it. Just have to make sure to shut off the little voice reminding what a fool one is!

…what a wonderful world….

In response to aftab’s post:
LOL! Thats great Afi! I love the way you describe things….:O)

In response to aftab’s post:

Afi, you will know when you are in the groove. :)

It really isn’t faking it. It’s more like practice. You don’t get on the ice and become a beautiful figure skater on your first try. You do look silly as you fall down over and over. But, if you keep up, soon you are gracefully gliding across the ice as if an angel were guiding you with her wings. Not everyone makes it as a beautiful figure skater. Only the ones willing to look silly for awhile… :)

But, that method isn’t for everyone. You have to groove your own groove… :)

Agree, while life isn’t a dress rehearsal, we get better and better like the movie Ground hog Day.

When I first started my job, I thought how do “those people” remember all of those things. Years later that’s me, remembering, doing and creating things there of my own.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to dinkledorfer’s post:
Though the cool thing is, you gave her a precious gift that keeps on giving (your experience, your time, and your love).

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

One thing I am considering going back time is the white board. It was a fun exercise and fits this theme in a way.

I set up a white board (erasable) and pretended there was an audience. I would then tell them about how my life had changed.

Another way I used the board was to write an affirmation on it, repeat is several times out loud, each time highlighting words in the phrase. Then I would write “This is true about me!” and sign my name.

I have more ideas than time to work them right now! Ha!

liked this thread from 2009(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content