login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Create Your New Drawing Board

Clear Your Path(s) -Create Your New Drawing Board!

I was just inspired by MM’s thread on being mindful with yourself.

I started thinking about how we start fresh and how we create an uncluttered path in life. I had suggested some ways to unclutter what we hear

Though, I’d like to dedicate this thread for your tried and true ways or just brainstorming ideas ->in how you create your daily “drawing board”.

Let us know if it is something you do regularly, tried before w/success, or you just created it as a part of your minds-storming process.

By drawing board I mean, your creative ways in creating your moments, days, life etc(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Some ways I create my new path, or a new drawing board (ie starting it “all” over so to speak):

1. admitting I don’t know anything or everything.
-starting there allows me an openness to connect to info I may have used before, but will seem fresh as I use it in brand new ways. It also allows an openness to learn from the ground up on material I need to learn more thoroughly.

2. -listening to the basics. I have audio tapes that never let me forget concepts such as:

priorities, and asking myself what are mine? Also my tapes remind me to do 1st things 1st, always reminding myself I will never have time to do “everything” , though with a plan, and prioritizing I will get done what I need to, and well.

3. finding chunks of time: using my passion for what I want and need to do as my “time-finder”.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie, with the opening of our newest warehouse, my life has been completely turned upside down and thrown into utter chaos. The 15 hour days at work (with children in tow) have wrecked whatever schedules and organization I had created. It isn’t back to normal yet, but I had to start from SCRATCH!!!

I always have to go back to the VERY BASICS… Food and sleep. If I don’t feed my body healthy, nourishing food – it won’t give me the energy I need to make it through the morning, let alone the day. Oh, and WATER!! Plus, I need my 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. My mind won’t even begin to function!!

Once the basic needs are met, I have to have an uncluttered area to live in. How can I even begin to dream and plan for the future with a sink full of dishes? If every where I look is full of STUFF, then it blocks the creative energy. For me a clean, tidy house relaxes as well as energizes.

Once I have the house in order, I like to have candles lit… especially in the kitchen and living room. For me, they create an ambiance that really brings out my most prolific thinking. …and for me, those rooms is where I do my most thinking. :)

Not only am I a visual person, I like to have some nice “sniffies” in the air. My house always has the aroma of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and vanilla in the fall. I equate those fragrances with serenity. My worries fade away when I can sit in peace.

To me, it is essential to be in the right frame of mind before I can even begin to “create a new drawing board” or plot my next adventure. If I want to focus on creating wealth, I cannot do so when I am feeling fear or insecurity. When my immediate surrounding is tranquil and my senses are filled with pleasure, then I am in my happy place. It is as if the universe only provides growth thoughts. They rush at me almost faster than I can write.

So, the take away from this looooong message is this…. Before you even start to clear or create your path… clear your mind first. For me, it is ambiance. For you? Who knows. It’s personal. :)

May your mind and heart create a river of ideas that bring all things kind and wonderful to your life. Happy creating!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Firm believer in the basics first! Totally agree w/food and sleep.

Speaking of food, how did your new recipes go?

I’m so like w/you w/sleep! I need my 8-9 hours. I strive for it. When it doesn’t happen, and even if it does I shoot for a nap ranging from 15 minutes to 1 and 1/2 hours. I’d do good w/siestas. What is it they do in Mexico? (:

Once again, me too w/an uncluttered area to live in. Though I have to admit if something needs to be done, and my area isn’t the way it “should be”, I block it out. I have to. Sometimes various tasks cannot wait.

You’re right again about the creative energy/creative flow. It’s a goal of mine to redo my spaces around my home to keep it more simple. That’s another thread though(:

What kinds of candles do you use? I’m sensitive to most, and fragrances. Do you make your own fragrances?

I write all of the time. If I “can’t” do, I plan on paper. I mindstorm. When the time is appropriate, most plans are ready and waiting.

And I wish the same loving blessings for you!. Lets create together! May we always have what we need when we need it to create the life that is tangible, applicable, and fitting to where we are and where we want to be(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:

The candles I use are always white…that is just my little OCD thing. No reason behind it. They are unscented and usually soy.

My scents come from the natural methods. Most commonly, I just simmer water with some cloves, cinnamon bark, etc. Other times, I warm some essential oils. I have this beautiful little ceramic piece that has room for a candle below and a little bowl above to place the oil. The candle heats the oil and makes the most heavenly aroma. Of course, I have incense sticks. Those are when I’m lazy. :)

However, my children’s FAVORITE way, is for me to actually BAKE. :) They love the scent of fresh baked banana bread, oatmeal cookies or pumpkin pie. My youngest daughter always gives me a big hug and thanks me for putting LOVE in the air. I’m pretty sure its the cookies in her tummy that she is REALLY thankful for. :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content