login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★It's not about the money +

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Good job! I even think money can be an obstacle to happiness for some people. More money usually just means more stuff. I’m sure there are lots of folks with big bank accounts who have houses stuffed with stuff. Stuff they bought just to satisfy a compulsion, a temporary fix to fill meaningless existence. Like a drug addict. Beyond a certain level of money, enough to satisfy basic needs and some measure of comfort or luxury even, money can weigh on your mind. Beyond a certain point, the absolutely best thing you can do with money is to use it to help others.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Incidentally, I am not one of those people. I haven’t done enough money affirmations I guess ‘cause only on very good days do I have two nickles I can rub together. And YET! Guess what? I have a pretty high level of peace, contentment and happiness. There are places where I’d like to travel – mostly so I could see sunset and mountains and trees in different places around the world – but, when it comes down to it, I find that we have some pretty nice trees and sunsets right here where I live. I’m not even that far from some little mountains.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I just saw this video. Might be a better thread to put it on, but, I think some of you will like it. Be Grateful for What You Have

click the link, it’s short…

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
first smartroutines, want to say perfect video! Thank you for sharing.

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
secondly, I’d like to comment on several of your (making me smile-) comments
Incidentally, I am not one of those people. I haven’t done enough money affirmations (that made me lol)
Guess what? I have a pretty high level of peace, contentment and happiness. There are places where I’d like to travel – mostly so I could see sunset and mountains and trees in different places around the world – but, when it comes down to it, I find that we have some pretty nice trees and sunsets right here where I live. I’m not even that far from some little mountains. /Your thoughts of ‘guess I haven’t done enough affirmations’ …and that being a reason for not having the abundance some seem to have. … and concluding with the joys of the abundance that already exist in your/the world. Love all you said very much, happy for you, and it truly resonated with me as well(:
I have lived in a few different states for a long time, though the happiest and the one I too have been able to have is the dual residence I’ve kept ever place I’ve traveled, and every place I’ve moved to…is the state of heart/mind you speak so beautifully about.

I live in a state…where it is considered a huge tourist area of the country, yet have encountered so many …forgetting where they live…
Of course there are places that have more of this and less of that… though I’m totally content (most of the time) right where I live.

I can remember big moves I’ve made-cross country…and it didn’t matter if it was a small town or a big city… my enthusiasm and my fresh eyes to see what I desired…was always present.

In recent times, my husband and I have been discussing retirement, and ‘where oh where do we want to live’ ? We’ve allowed it to truly perplex us…because once we make the move, it will probably be the last of the long time/permanent places we’ll make happen.

So, with the infamous google search…I’ve weighed out this and weighed out that with our favorite things we’d like to be around…The quality of this and the quality of that…And I actually was frustrated…because where we lived truly had much of what we say we want … Though while still researching… those infamous pros and cons… your post reinforced how simple we could keep it… I’m sure we’ll make a good decision..Though it is nice to know wherever we end up, it will be good…because that is what we tend to feel exists prominently with what already exists. Thanks Jeff for your beautiful reinforcement!
In response to something Robert has said before….but put your focus on experiencing how it FEELS to have what you want. thank goodness that occurs more often than not(:

I Am living a Divine plan

I agree, a bucket of money wouldn’t make me unhappy either.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Our situation has gotten a bit better here & there financially … and a larger amounts of money sure wouldn’t hurt….It just has helped incredibly to enjoy what we have …and all else whenever we get it… just feels like icing on the cake.

appreciated this thread(: thank you(:

I Am living a Divine plan

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content