login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Bmindful Treasures New & Old

Most members know Bmindful is in a happy-transition…preparing for more wonderful things. In effort to do this members are asking to remove some of their old threads to prepare for the new. By doing this of course we lose links, quotes and some thoughts.

So as this occurs I will post some pearls from members old & new you may enjoy…

Possibly I’ll organize it better …down the road..Though for now, have fun!!!(: (:
I am really sorry I didn’t think to do this just a bit sooner… Though I did send some to the members who posted and some posted them elsewhere(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

member’s name: Connor2901
Life is full of opportunities. We need to be open to receiving them. We need to go with the flow. If something doesn’t feel right it usually isn’t. On the other hand when things feel right life will flow easily. Work hard, play hard, live long and prosper. Take care.

• ~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    member’s name: HappyOldMan
    Dear Friends,
    Charisma is inner love scattered outside and sprayed to others.

member’s name:Ed Duffee
    I like your thinking :D On this topic, I’d like to share with you the following article.

“In third density, you have a law called “The Law of Polarity”. It goes by many names and it’s basic premise is that where there is one thing, the opposite also exists, like good/bad, hot/cold, male/female, positive/negative and any other duality you can think of. This law is a law of third density and does not exist anywhere else in the universe. It is therefore a limitation imposed on you by your very existence as a third-dimensional being. Now, the following cannot be adequately expressed in words as experience is limited by the language used to express it. There is no polarity beyond that which you think there is. All things are One thing. The One can only be understood in third density terms, in terms of it’s parts – then further divided into various polarities, tertaries, quadruplicities, quintiplicities and a multitude differing degrees of seperation. This gives each of you the experience of seperateness but in actuality, not reality, everything is One thing.”

• ~
    Here’s a more in depth explanation about reality. I’d like to ask the other members here if it’s OK to keep posting stuff like this. The thread has gone on quite a tangent lol

“Please be aware that this explanation of creation is just one possible
explanation. You are free to agree or disagree as you feel necessary.

Kaballah tells us that existence came out of three different types of
Nothing.

First there is Ain. Ain is really Nothing (the absence of anything).
Ain can be described as Awareness or potentiality. Potential is Nothing
without the consciousness to initiate that potentiality.

Next there’s Ain Soph. Ain Soph can be described as consciousness. The
consciousness is needed to initiate the potentiality. Since Ain would
have been aware of this, Ain initiated the potentiality for itself to
become conscious. This happened because effect can precede cause.

Finally there’s Ain Soph Aur. This can be described as The One that
came out of Nothing. It is when Nothing decided it was Not. This sets
the stage for the first positive in existence.

Einstein tells us some important things. Among them ‘E=MC2’.

Energy can never be created nor destroyed, it can only change form.

So, Energy always existed. Doesn’t Kaballah tell us that first there
was Nothing?

Yes and No. Nothing existed in the form of potentiality. Nothing both
not existed and did exist, simultaneously. To explain this concept
necessitates a brief foray into Quantum Physics.

Everything in the Universe is made up of molecules and atoms. The atoms
are made of sub-atomic particles (photons, neutrons and electrons
mainly) – called Quanta. Quanta are magical little things. They’re
capable of acrobatics like teleporting … invisibility …
independence of spacetime … duplicity (ability to be in several
places at once) … and lots of other thought provoking behavior.

Everything you see is made of Quanta.

For this article, I’d like to draw your attention to the basic Quanta
property of wave/particle.

‘Wave’ basically means it doesn’t exist, but potentially does.
‘Particle’ means what was previously a wave now does exist in
spacetime. This only happens when the wave is observed consciously.
Pretty neat!

And that, my friends, is how Creation could have happened.

Please be aware that this is the same as how God always existed and
created the Universe. It’s just different terminology.”

I’ll close with a quote from Lau Tzu “People that think they know are difficult to guide. People that know they don’t know can find their own way”

• ~
    Has anyone seen the book I posted about critical thinking? The general consesus is that objective reality exists independent of you thinking about it. However, as soon as you perceive that objectivity, it becomes subjective in nature. Further, you have zero control over objectivity, which leaves it open to interference from another person or thing.

Consider, if you will, the example where you ask me is my Mum still alive. Objectively, the answer is yes. However, between when you ask me, and I answer, she could have dropped dead. A more truthful answer might be “Yes, the last time I checked.”

There are roughly 400 billion bits of info entering your mind every second, to the best of my knowledge. Your subconscious will throw up a thousand or so for your conscious attention. Out of those, you will make “logical” decisions and judgements. In NLP terms these are known as generalizations, deletions and distortions.

Who of us is arrogant enough to make any assertions about what is real and what is not, while at the same time proclaiming her/his truth to be unquestionable?

member’s name: Abraham
10 NASA images of planets like Earth

• ~
    maybe I’m old fashioned,but it will always be pen and paper for me. I think there is something really magical in the act of writing.
    member’s name Stephania
    I think if a negative/counter LOA feeling comes up, I have to acknowledge it and become aware of it, and then I can change it to be as I want it to be – more positive.

I think that practicing affirmations, reading positive materials and belonging to groups such as this, makes it easier for me to bounce back and correct my course. But my first step is conscious awareness of a feeling/detachment. Then revision so that I attract the right desired outcome.

btw,proberly not for the closed minded.

• ~
    this man has a very interesting point of view on self control,and on overcoming or handling temptation,and while he doesnt seem to give anything defining,he does succeed in enhancing ones awareness as to why we do or dont do and what we do or dont do.
  • ~
    jeez,i seem to have an opinion on everything lately,lol,oh well heres my take on resistence,

• ~
    id like to share an interesting experience i had which i believe was a vortex moment,it happened a couple of weeks back,my life has been going along quite nicely for a few years now,,but i had a very unique for me,[at least up until then]experience.for about 20 or 30 minutes i had the experience of what seemed to be utter happiness,it was definitely an extradinary feel good experience,but it was not because anything external had shifted or changed[i was reading at the time]it was entirely due to a change in my awareness,i remember feeling absolutely wonderful and remember thinking i absolutely do not need even one more thing,i was in the experience of knowing and feeling that i had and always have everything i need to be utterly happy,it was like i had the knowing that i was completely safe no matter what occurred,and i came out of this believing my experience was proof that nothing external has to change for me to experience utter good feelings,any way flower girl thats my take on the vortex and heres a video from abraham i think you might find interesting.

what is the vortex

blessings.

• ~
    and this is another beautiful video from abraham about getting into and staying in the vortex
  • ~
    in the vortex
  • ~
    CHARISMA AND THE LAW OF ATTRACTION.by nikki owen.

there is an exciting spin off to possessing charisma,you will notice that with the expansion of your personal presence,youll start to trigger a greater flow of energy between yourself and others.the more charisma you possess,the more charisma you will attract.this has foundations of scientific proof from many physicist sources on quantum physics.basically the energy of thought has the same effect as the energy of movement outside the thinkers own body.thoughts can be come physical manifestations in other words thoughts become things.we are all like human antennas.we emit vibrations based on our emotions and thoughts and unconciously seek a similiar vibration.what we attract into our life is based purely on our dominent thoughts.so if we feel confident and charismatic the intention of these thoughts will manisfest more feelings of confidence and charisma,conversly if our dominent thoughts are ones of shyness and insecurity,this is what we will attract more of.

nikkiowencharisma

• ~
    Don’t you just love people with interesting points of view,well,maybe not all,but i came across one who to me,has some very interesting points of view, what will really make and keep us fit and healthy

member’s name GodsCreation/GodsChild
    FEAR KNOCKED FAITH OPENED THE DOOR,AND FEAR WAS GONE.
  • ~
    I have friends that are not so “physically good looking” but so many people are attracted to them. My friend is so happy to be alive and knows what she wants in life. The best thing about her is she is “comfortable” wherever she goes. You cannot ask for more than that.
  • ~

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    member name: Harley Duck
    Recipe For Happiness Khaborovsk Or Anyplace

One grand boulevard with trees
with one grand cafe in sun
with strong black coffee in very small cups.

One not necessarily very beautiful
man or woman who loves you.

One fine day.

By Lawrence Ferlinghetti

• ~

member’s name Accidental Note
    “It boils down to this insight: When people think you’re trying to influence them, they put their guard up. But when they feel you’re trying to help them, or to muse your way to the right answer, or to be honest about your own imperfections, they open up to you. They hear what you have to say. “

from 7 Ways to Use the Power of Powerless Communication

The article also mentions another metric I use in both conversation and in online discussions. I think the more questions a person asks, the more open the person is to true 2-way communication.

(Of course, there’s the extreme of people who ask questions and share nothing of themselves, but that’s just the other extreme, a subject for another day.)

members name SmartRoutinesWithEnthusiasm
Most of us, I believe, are walking around with so much clutter in our minds that it’s little wonder we’re surrounded by chaos and constantly thinking “what the hell am I supposed to be doing”.

We can make significant changes in our sense of control and direction in life by “working with” the stuff in our heads instead of just letting it all roll around like a bunch of bowling balls on the deck of a ship. By “working with” I mean spending some time organizing our thoughts in a framework that makes sense.

I’m back to lists. What can lists do for us? A list is a good reference point. We can create a “framework” of lists. By that I mean we have a “go to” set of lists into which we can drop the slings and arrows of our lives. I say “lists”, but actually I’m talking about more than just lists. I’m talking about gaining some sense of control. A list is something that can help us gain control. A list helps us to organize our minds and our lives.

Let’s look at something like reading material. How many of us have more to read than we can ever possibly read. More reading material is published in a single day that any one of us could read in ten lifetimes. There is probably more valuable information published in one month on practically any topic you are interested in than you would be able to read in the span of your life. Let go. Then you have a solid foundation on which to build. What if we took a couple of days to get all of our books and magazines together and then sorted them? Well, then we could get a little perspective. We’d know where to find stuff. We would gain a sense of freedom as well as perspective. We’d have more energy. We could make better sense of all that STUFF and we could direct our focus better. What if we applied this to more than just books. What if we sorted out our e-mail? What if we sorted out the projects in our lives? Would it be worth the time we invested to organize our computers in a way that made sense to us so that any time we were trying to find a file or something we’d know where it was? I think it would be. How quieting for your mind would it be to have a “framework” you could trust that was capturing all the stuff that mattered to you?

Organize you mind and your world a little. Consider the amount of info – good and bad – that is storming about us in the world today. It’s insane. We can’t control all that stuff “out there”, but we can get a grip on what is important to US! I think information overload can freeze us in place. Sort of dumbfounded and blinking at it all. Organize what is important and let go of the unimportant and meaningless distractions that are screaming at us. I don’t really think that there is “one right path” for each of us, I think there are many, many, many GREAT paths and even more mediocre and bad paths. Perhaps the hardest challenge of my whole life has been choosing a great path. I spend too much time dumbfounded and blinking. Kind of stuck window-shopping at the Path Store.

• ~
    The subconscious mind is more powerful than the conscious mind. The subconscious mind directs all of our non-conscious functions. Our subconscious minds work on finding solutions to problems even when we aren’t consciously thinking about them.
  • ~
    Here are a couple of articles I found and a couple of books I have read and recommend.
    Who’s Minding the Mind is an article I found that was published in The New York Times a few years ago.
    Probing the Unconscious Mind from Scientific American
    I have a book called Mindless Eating that has some relevant information in my opinion.
    Another book that I have read that I think is worthwhile that relates to the subconscious mind is Influence
    I hope some other folks will list some good reference material.

I’m sure Maslow would have some great stuff on this.

I also found this page on the net called Motivation Theories that looks like a nice little nutshell of info.

“Hear me, four quarters of the world—a relative I am! Give me the strength to walk the soft earth, a relative to all that is! Give me the eyes to see and the strength to understand, that I may be like you. With your power only can I face the winds.

Great Spirit, Great Spirit, my Grandfather, all over the earth the faces of living things are all alike. With tenderness have these come up out of the ground. Look upon these faces of children without number and with children in their arms, that they may face the wind and walk the good road to the day of quiet.

This is my prayer; hear me!” – “Black Elk’s Prayer for All Life”

• ~

Here is a simple thing I have recently started doing that seems to be paying off. I put labels on spiral notebooks and keep them at my computer/workstation. Spiral notebooks are cheap, cheap, cheap. Sticky labels are cheap, cheap, cheap. Now, when there is something I want to learn about/work on I grab a notebook – I have a big stack of them, ‘cause like I said, they are cheap, cheap, cheap – and stick a label on it. Right now I’m working on building a website so the other day I grabbed a notebook and stuck a label on it “Website”. How simple is THAT. I made one called “Catch All”. I have one called “Technology Notebook”. I have one called “Games”. I’m going to make one today called “Music Technology”. I’ve often spoken with another bmindfuller about creating a “Life Management” notebook or binder. I’d like to work on this this year and stop playing at the edges of it. Anyway, I hope that gives you guys some useful ideas.

• ~
    My management system is quite simple. They are in a stack in front of me, lol. I have a desk in front of me with my computer on it and a little table just to the left of me. I’m left handed. I just grab whichever one I need, lay it on my little table and write notes in it
  • ~
    I love this!
    The Non-Conformists Oath
    Never be afraid to be yourself!

More Great Stuff
Steve’s Diary

• ~
    I’d say that we all filter what is real through our own perspectives. We all have our own “truths”. BUT, I would also say that some truths are true regardless of perspective. Some such truths are easy to see, the number one is always one. Some things are “universal” truths. Killing an innocent is always wrong. We can do an academic dance around some things and pretend that there is really no such thing as right and wrong – but, we all know deep down that some things are true. Giving love away – that’s always a good thing. Anyway, some truths are independent of perspective and relativity.
  • ~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

member’s name Flowergirl
I love Louise Hay ,she is such an inspirational lady .

“You are in the process of becoming your own best friend – the person you are most happy to be with “

“Take a nice deep breath and release your negative patterns and habits .And release the resistance to doing so “

“It is safe to look within for my peace of mind .Each time you look deep into yourself ,you are going to find incredibly beautiful treasures “

“I go within and find that space where all is quiet and serene”

“It is only a thought and a thought can be changed”

love and peace Flowergirl

• ~
    this caught my eye as I love anything colourful and simple .

“ creative planning ideas”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U33OagGLcHw&feature=related

I love the simplicity and the idea of keeping them in a file as I frequently think “I have not done much today” ,it is good to have a visual reminder of achievements of any size .

Something in my free spirit rebels against lists and plans but the creativity in this idea has got me so motivated ,I think my first picture will be a nest with eggs in – an egg a day .

• ~
    I used to keep diaries when I was a child,then when I was a teenager my brother read one and teased me so much that I stopped writing in them .

A few years ago I was reading The Artists Way and Julia Cameron asks you to write 3 pages of anything when you get up ,it was amazing the stuff that came up ,things you know but hadn’t acknowledged or put into words ,answers to questions in your mind .

I’m now starting to journal as I’m at a changing stage in my life and I love the possibilities the future holds.
It will be a good way to process thoughts and feelings and also to be creative as I’m starting to use quotes,pictures,coloured pencils in some journals – just starting today with a gratitude journal and a rambling thoughts one .
love flowergirl

• ~
    here is another great idea by the same lady .

create an ideas journal

It is very inspiring and fun …they bring a smile to organising

• ~
    I’m so happy I treasured my kids childhood .Splashing in puddles, feeding the ducks, telling them stories ,making gingerbread men ,painting and colouring ,country walks , baths with lots of bubbles and so many hugs .

The magic and wonder of childhood ,the simple pleasures and the living in the moment are things we all need to give to our inner child .

I’m off to make a collage in my journal with lovely pictures .

love and hugs
flowergirl and little flowerchild

• ~
    I think we know when we are living the truth that is right for us ,we have that inner peace and our own faith /beliefs to turn to .

If we live our lives as we feel we should or to please others we are not living out truth and can end up feeling very unsettled/anxious and stuck .

I am proud of the truth of who I am ,I do sometimes fall back into the depths of self doubt/hopelessness and dwell on others thoughts/comments but then when I spend time in nature and focus on my beliefs I rise up again like bubbles in the water .

Our own path is our truth .
love flowergirl

• ~
    I have just copied this from tumblr and it seems relevant here

There comes a time when the pain of continuing exceeds the pain of stopping. At that moment, a threshold is crossed. What seemed unthinkable becomes thinkable. Slowly, the realization emerges that the choice to continue what you have been doing is the choice to live in discomfort, and the choice to stop what you have been doing is the choice to breathe deeply and freely again. Once that realization has emerged, you can either honor it or ignore it, but you cannot forget it. What has become known can not become unknown again.

Ray of light reiki

• ~
    I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings

The free bird leaps
on the back of the wind
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wings
in the orange sun rays
and dares to claim the sky.

But a bird that stalks
down his narrow cage
can seldom see through
his bars of rage
his wings are clipped and
his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings
with fearful trill
of the things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom

The free bird thinks of another breeze
an the trade winds soft through the sighing trees
and the fat worms waiting on a dawn-bright lawn
and he names the sky his own.

But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams
his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

Maya Angelou

• ~
    thats why I have so many notebooks ,they are breeding !!!!

• ~
    “Sometimes the world feels inhospitable.

You feel all the ways that you and it don’t fit.

You see what’s missing, how it could all be different.”

“You feel as if you weren’t meant for the world, or the world

wasn’t meant for you.”

“As if the world is ‘the way it is’ and your discomfort with it a problem.”

“So you get timid. You get quiet about what you see.”

“But what if this? What if you are meant

to feel the world inhospitable, unfriendly, off-track

in just the particular ways that you do?”

“The world has a you-shaped hole in it.

It is missing what you see.

It lacks what you know.”

“And so you were called into being.

To see the gap, to feel the pain of it, and to fill it.”

“Filling it is speaking what is missing.

Filling it is stepping into the center of the crowd,

into a clearing, and stating,

here, my friends, is the future.

Filling it is being what is missing, becoming it.”

“You don’t have to do it all, but you do have to speak it.

You have to tell your slice of the truth.

You do have to walk toward it with your choices,

with your own being.”

“Then allies and energies will come to you like fireflies swirling around a light.”

“The roughness of the world, the off-track-ness,

the folly that you see,

these are the most precious gifts

you will receive in this lifetime.”

“They are not here to distance you from the world,

but to guide you, into your contribution to it.”

“The world was made with a you-shaped hole in it.

In that way you are important.

In that way you are here to make the world.

In that way you are called.”

• ~
    I am becoming the woman I’ve wanted, grey at the temples, soft body, delighted, cracked up by life with a laugh that’s known bitter but, past it, got better, knows she’s a survivor-
    that whatever comes, she can outlast it. I am becoming a deep weathered basket.
I am becoming the woman I’ve longed for, the motherly lover with arms strong and tender, the growing daughter who blushes surprises. I am becoming full moons and sunrises. I find her becoming, this woman I’ve wanted, who knows she’ll encompass, who knows she’s sufficient, knows where she’s going and travels with passion. Who remembers she’s precious, but knows she’s not scarce- who knows she is plenty, plenty to share. -Jayne Relaford Brown

Tara Sophia Mohr from Your Other Names: Poems by Tara Sophia Mohr

• ~~~~~~~~
    Learning to live in the present moment is part of the path of joy.
    Sarah Ban Breathnach

We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.
~Marilyn Monroe

• ~~~~~~~~

See the Woman:

See the Woman She has a young face An old face She carries herself well In all ages She survives all man has done In some tribes she is free In some religions She is under man In some societies She’s worth what she consumes In some nations She is delicate strength In some states She is told she is weak In some classes She is property owned In all instances She is sister to earth In all conditions She is life bringer In all life she is our necessity See the woman eyes Flowers swaying On scattered hills Sundancing calling in the bees See the woman heart Lavender butterflies Fronting blue sky Misty rain falling On soft wild roses See the woman beauty Lightning streaking Dark summer nights Forests of pines mating With new winter snow See the woman spirit Daily serving courage With laughter Her breath a dream And a prayer ~John Trudell
  • ~
    Just reading this thread reminds me of a conversation I had with my friend when we went for a coffee .

After looking at me my friend asked if I had make up on – no ,had I changed my hair – no ,was I wearing a new top – no ,I was still the same bare faced,long wavy haired,flared jeans and floppy smock wearing hippy as usual

She said I looked different and we realised it was because I was so excited about applying to do a degree and making changes in my life

just shows what changing your thoughts does ,I have rambled on about this over here

love flowergirl

• ~
    member’s name Lake Placid:
    QUEST WITH VARIOUS AUTHORS
    TRUTHFUL EXPRESSION, IS A HEALING PRESENCE.
  • ~
    INTELLECTUALLY I AGREE,IT’S ADVERSITY AND RESISTANCE THAT FORTIFY,MAKE STRONG,OR DEVELOP CHARACTER…THERE’S ANOTHER PART OF ME THAT,S NOT SO IMPRESSED WITH THIS THEORY.IT,S EASIER TO ACCEPT WHEN THINGS SEEM TO BE GOING SMOOTH.I GUESS WHEN LIFE SEEMS CHALLENGING,IF I CAN,T EFFECT it,OR DIRECT IT,JUST ACCEPT IT…I HEARD SOMEONE SAY THE OTHER DAY,“LIVING IN THE PAST CAUSES DEPRESSION,LIVING IN THE FUTURE CAUSES ANXIETY,LIVING IN TODAY MAKES LIFE A BIT MORE PEACEFUL
  • ~
    what I like about cyber friendships is that people tend to understand
    things,more so than friends and family.And I suppose it,s because local
    friends and immediate family view your past,present,and future from a limited reference point.And unless they are on a similar path,they
    tend to see things from a reference point projected from themselves.
    And I have decided the best you can do with these relationships,is accept where they are at,but definitely don’t try to change them.
  • ~ (H.O.W.)do I make my life more abundant?

Honesty
Openmindedness
Willingness

Louise Hay
QUEST The Quest! Marianne Williamson Deepak Chopra Stephen Covey Thomas Moore

Accessing the Power of Now – A Guided Visualization for Better Performance – Ziva Meditation Emily Fletcher

Joe Montana
Poetry in motion

the multitasking heart
spiritual hope
acts of kindness

Spectacular Heather Dorniden Takes a Fall But Still Wins the Race

20 Einstein quotes intriguing quotes

affirmations

My spoonin cats
Looking at the large cat I sort of read his mind,he said
Do you need the sink to shave or something?
I LIKE THOSE VORTEX DESCRIPTIONS
I CAN DO WITHOUT CONTRAST THOUGH,CONTRAST BEING OUT OF THE VORTEX.
MAYBE CONTRAST IS SOMEHOW NECESSARY,TO CREATE THE DESIRE FOR
BEING IN THE VORTEX.
HIGH HOPES

solver or maker I’m confused
a Bob Marley song
meditative music
Walk Through This World Without Fear or Worry guy finley
Use True Self-Correction To Realize Your Highest Aspirations Guy Finley
Abraham vortex emotion and a kitty
Abraham Hicks – What are the healthiest things we can do for our body?AQUAHEALTH AND WELL BEING
A Watts
Alan Watts was a popular philosopher in the 60’s and 70’s
He lived in Sausalito,California,a tourist town at the north end
of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Alan Watts before Eckhart thoughts on the now
thoughts on happiness
E T IN A NUTSHELL
A Watts Ecstasy Of Life
Teacher and philosopher of an earlier generation.
A Watts Love Everything

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    member: Jan

The brave hearted move forward by taking one step back.

Don’t let a few clouds darken your life. The rain falls on the just and the unjust.

That means we all face dis-appointments, unfair situations, tests, trials, and temptation.

But know this, right past the test is promotion. On the other side of every difficulty is increase.

If you got through adversity with a smile on your face, and a song in your heart, on the other side there will be a reward.

Peace and love jan

• ~
    What a person says about you doesn’t define who you are.
    His or her opinion of you does not determine your self worth.
    let that bounce off of you like water off of a ducks back.

This person has every right to have an opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
Rise above that you don’t need them to agree with you.
You don’t have to win their approval.

Let that go and be who you are meant, and want to be.

peace and love jan

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

member’s name some of mine (: AppreciationView
  • The more we get through in life…and grow through …rather than just go through…the more wonderful pieces get added to our memories…teaches us we are resilient…and that there are tools for our lives…& that life is meaningful… there is a bigger picture…there are reasons we wouldn’t expect to receive… the education it provides…. keeps on giving…because it has a ripple effect…for valuable things for ourselves & those we connect with.

The Unconscious Mind & the Iceberg Metaphor

Quotes:

• ** The secret of our lost mode of prayer is to shift our perspective of life by feeling that the miracle has already happened and our prayers have been answered. Now we have the opportunity to bring this wisdom into our lives as prayers of gratitude for what already exists, rather than asking for our prayers to be answered. Gregg Braden
  • ** When confronted with a situation that appears fragmented or impossible, step back, close your eyes, and envision perfection where you saw brokenness. Go to the inner place where there is no problem, and abide in the consciousness of well-being. Alan Cohen
  • ** Always remember: Joy is not merely incidental to your spiritual quest. It is vital. Rebbe Nachman Of Breslov
  • ** We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love and belonging, power, freedom, and fun William Glasser
  • ** Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it,.If we are frantic, life will be frantic. If we are peaceful, life will be peaceful ★ღ✰˚ ✰。 Marianne Williamson
  • ** You have the need and the right to spend part of your life caring for your soul. It is not easy. You have to resist the demands of the work-oriented, often defensive, element in your psyche that measures life only in terms of output — how much you produce — not in terms of the quality of your life experiences. To be a soulful person means to go against all the pervasive, prove-yourself values of our culture and instead treasure what is unique and internal and valuable in yourself and your own personal evolution ★ღ✰˚ ✰。 ~☼Jean Shinoda Bolen ~
  • ** The most ravishing experience you can have is of the mysterious, of living in consecrated curiosity, with the symphony of the universe playing through you and the still point laying claim to your heart ★ღ✰˚ ✰ ☼Jennifer Louden
  • ** I trust in the ebb and flow of the universe. I trust that life’s bigger than what I can see. I trust that there is a divine order beyond my control. And I trust that no matter what happens, I will be all right ★ღ✰˚ ✰ Oprah Winfrey
  • ** Something amazing happens when we surrender and just love. We melt into another world, a realm of power already within us. The world changes when we change. the world softens when we soften. The world loves us when we choose to love the world.★ღ✰˚ ✰ Marianne Williamson
  • ~
    Yes…I too love reading things we seem to know intuitively and science catches up.Your thread made me think of the research that has been done re:the heart and brain connection …a separate path from the autonomic system.
  • …[S]everal years of research, it was observed that, the heart communicates with the brain in ways that significantly affect how we perceive and react to the world(Lacey and Lacey, 1978)
  • ..The heart appeared to be sending meaningful messages to the brain that it not only understood, but also obeyed (Lacey and Lacey, 1978).
  • It was also found that one person’s brain waves can synchronize to another person’s heart (McCraty, 2004).

1 of the areas that came to mind after reading the article…there is a great reason for us to carry love in our hearts…and to be loving to help the world be a better place. We are truly connected and influenced by what we consider acceptable and unacceptable…and to try to be aware of the uniqueness of our fellowman with love. It pays off to be less critical and more accepting…Love is powerful. There are lots of heart-exercises we can do to change what our mind obeys. And of course surrender & prayer are “exercises” we can not forget to add to this powerful list which increases our heart-love area(:

• [link doesn’t work to article quoting from…I’ll figure out a way to source it soon]
  • ~
    We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. by Maya Angelou
  • ~
  • ** And It Is So Affirmations
  • ** video Create What You Want
  • ** video Transform Your Stress

what Oriah Mountain Dreamer has to say

By Oriah from her book, THE INVITATION ©1999. Published by HarperONE, San Francisco. All rights reserved. Presented with permission of the author.

Her motivation for the first prose-poem

capsule version of the above PDF -“It is the story of a very human woman who longs to live fully awake. It is the story of the human heart’s capacity and longing to live intimately with all of it‐the joy and the
sorrow, the hope and the fear”  

(author said there are 3 poems …like a trilogy, beginning with the Invitation #1 The Invitation #2 The Dance #3 The Call
Below is the Invitation only.

It doesn’t interest me
what you do for a living.
I want to know
what you ache for
and if you dare to dream
of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me
how old you are.
I want to know
if you will risk
looking like a fool
for love
for your dream
for the adventure of being alive.
It doesn’t interest me
what planets are
squaring your moon…
I want to know
if you have touched
the centre of your own sorrow
if you have been opened
by life’s betrayals
or have become shrivelled and closed
from fear of further pain.
I want to know
if you can sit with pain
mine or your own
without moving to hide it
or fade it
or fix it.
I want to know
if you can be with joy
mine or your own
if you can dance with wildness
and let the ecstasy fill you
to the tips of your fingers and toes
without cautioning us
to be careful
to be realistic
to remember the limitations
of being human.
It doesn’t interest me
if the story you are telling me
is true.
I want to know if you can
disappoint another
to be true to yourself.
If you can bear
the accusation of betrayal
and not betray your own soul.
If you can be faithless
and therefore trustworthy.
I want to know if you can see Beauty
even when it is not pretty
every day.
And if you can source your own life
from its presence.
I want to know
if you can live with failure
yours and mine
and still stand at the edge of the lake
and shout to the silver of the full moon,
“Yes.”
It doesn’t interest me
to know where you live
or how much money you have.
I want to know if you can get up
after the night of grief and despair
weary and bruised to the bone
and do what needs to be done
to feed the children.
It doesn’t interest me
who you know
or how you came to be here.
I want to know if you will stand
in the centre of the fire
with me
and not shrink back.
It doesn’t interest me
where or what or with whom
you have studied.
I want to know
what sustains you
from the inside
when all else falls away.
I want to know
if you can be alone
with yourself
and if you truly like
the company you keep

what Oriah Mountain Dreamer has to say

By Oriah from her book, THE INVITATION ©1999. Published by HarperONE, San Francisco. All rights reserved. Presented with permission of the author.

Before I leave the stage
I will sing the only song
I was meant truly to sing.

It is the song
of I AM.
Yes: I am Me
&
You.
WE ARE.

I love Us with every drop
of our blood
every atom of our cells
our waving particles
undaunted flags of our Being-
neither here nor there.

• ~
    I DO NOT DEPEND ON PERSONS OR CONDITIONS FOR MY PROSPERITY. GOD IS THE SOURCE OF MY SUPPLY, AND GOD PROVIDES HIS OWN AMAZING CHANNELS OF PROSPERITY TO ME NOW.

I LISTEN TO THE WISDOM OF MY HEART.
EVERY EXPERIENCE IN MY PAST HAS BEEN A SUCCESSFUL ONE. EVERY EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE TODAY IS A SUCCESSFUL ONE. EVERY EXPERIENCE TO COME IN MY LIFE WILL BE A SUCCESSFUL ONE.

ALL THAT HAS OFFENDED ME, I FORGIVE. WITHIN AND WITHOUT, I FORGIVE. THINGS PAST, THINGS PRESENT, THINGS FUTURE, I FORGIVE. I FORGIVE EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY WHO CAN POSSIBLY NEED FORGIVENESS OF THE PAST OR PRESENT. I FORGIVE POSITIVELY EVERYONE. THEY ARE FREE NOW, AND I AM FREE TOO. ALL THINGS ARE CLEARED UP BETWEEN US NOW AND FOREVER.

• ~

I NOW HAVE ENOUGH TIME, ENERGY, WISDOM AND RESOURCES TO ACCOMPLISH ALL THAT I DESIRE. DIVINE WISDOM GUIDES ME TO MY NEXT RIGHT AND PERFECT STEP. I STEP FORTH TO CLAIM MY GOOD WITH EASE AND GRACE.
From “Open Your Mind to Prosperity” by Catherine Ponder
other sources Dr. Denice M. Moffat

• ~ Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow Mary Anne Radmacher
  • ~
    Though…Life doesn’t always feel good…and knowing that (in advance) makes me feel better. The adversity-opportunity idea…exchanges the struggle concept for hope and that assists with getting through….growing through….handling…surrendering…accepting…coping with……..what comes up…Lessons that do this…help us know…there is something beyond what we can see…This knowledge creates the spark of courage…creates that ability to keep on trying when things don’t look appealing .

• ~
  • I like the wind analogy very much.
  • My husband & I were having a morning chat about things in our individual lives we wanted to see change in. I look forward to those talks…because it helps set the table…when you are operating as an individual..and working as a team.
  • If we use the wind analogy…and saw the gusty winds that needed to be included in the big picture as adverse conditions…rather than necessary…we would be in our own ways …of making these changes we say we wanted to include in our everyday lives & for our future. Attitude is key. Gratitude doesn’t mean you have to like everything the way it is…it simply encourages us to find something good in things…From there …it is easier to be receptive to the opportunities within things we’d like to see become different/better/new.
    Here is a video….about gratitude…that I really like….
  • 9 minutes 28 seconds Attitude of Gratitude Can Make All of the Difference-Zig Ziglar
  • _____
  • ~ in regard to adversity & opportunity….found this online& posted it before.

When I am feeling..Judgmental. I have an opportunity to become more… Accepting & compassionate
When I am feeling Confused I have an opportunity to become more… Educated, enlightened, informed
When I am feeling..Critical
I have an opportunity to become more… Compassionate
When I am feeling.. Needy, Weak, Dependent
I have an opportunity to become more… Strong, Confident, Independent
When I am feeling Pessimistic
I have an opportunity to become more… Optimistic
When I am feeling.. Self-blaming
I have an opportunity to become more… Self-accepting, self-compassionate
When I am feeling..self-destructive Insecure
I have an opportunity to become more… Self-secure

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content