login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★- -Passion (a HappinessMtgThread)

topic is Passion
created 01/27/16
thread with a start date that never closes(:
edit as often as you like. A Happiness Meeting is for you… and that will bring us all together… we grow and love together.

• A week or so ago I started a thread called, The kinds of Threads We Love. My hope was to encourage participants to explore and discuss the things that make them burn with excitement. Today I met an old friend from my H.S. Days. We had not seen one another since graduation. We had taken several classes together and we’re good friends but as so often happens we had totally lost touch as our lives took us on very different routes. I was anxious and excited to meet after a mere 47 years. I had no idea what we might talk about and I was more than a little self conscious about my appearance. My hair is now gray, and I have added about a pound each year since we last saw each other. Renewing my old friendship has rekindled a passion in me to find and reconnect with others in my past that I admired and respected. New-found old friendships are very pleasurable.
  • —————————————

Questions to Ponder:

1. What inspires you? Do you believe there are any barriers keeping you from finding/following your passion?

2. What or who assisted your feelings of being more passionate in your inner world?

3. What are some things you are not doing now, that would bring you great pleasure?

4. And …if you had unlimited free time and resources what would you be doing more of, or begin doing that gets that passion flow going?

5. Is following your passionate-side part of your very nature these days, more at one time… or something you’ve simply and joyfully been contemplating now & again?

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

• ~
      loving this focused feeling-direction(:
      This is something I really liked that reminded me of creating passion, seeing where my current passion may be coming from… or seeing how to blend what I’m passionate about with various things I’d like to ease into my life(:

1. Your present reality is a direct result of your past thinking
2. Change your thinking, and your reality changes
3. Affirmations change your thinking
Action is the bridge between the inner world and the outer world.

Thoughts lead to feelings.
Feelings lead to actions.
Actions lead to results.
***~www.2cashflownow.com~***

• ~
      and while I know many wonderful things occur without us doing anything…I also know from a passion place- I can and will do things that will help create my life(:

I Am living a Divine plan

What are some things you are not doing now, that would bring you great pleasure?

I used to run and go to the gym regularly, which I definitely miss and would like to do again but mostly I miss being bored. These days pretty much every minute of my day is accounted for in some way of another and I miss being able to do things spontaneously or doing nothing at all either in front of the tv or driving 20 miles for a milkshake just for fun.

And …if you had unlimited free time and resources what would you be doing more of, or begin doing that gets that passion flow going?

If I had unlimited time and resources I would definitely just step back a bit and take the time just to enjoy spending time with my partner, watching tv, going for walks and meals out. I wouldn’t want to change my life. I wouldn’t want to change my life a great deal and I enjoy my work I would just love it to be a more balanced part of my life :-)

Is following your passionate-side part of your very nature these days, more at one time… or something you’ve simply and joyfully been contemplating now & again?

I think my passion is probably my work which as a website developer i find is very enjoyable and fulfilling. I guess i’m almost the opposite of this question rather than striving to find the time to do what i’m passionate about, I instead find it difficult to move away from it.

I think its definitely important to take the time to every now and then to consider if you’re happy with the way your life is and if you need to make any adjustments and changes. Life is definitely way too short to have regrets but it is also long enough that it requires planning and sacrifice at time to make later years more comfortable.

Appreciative for this topic!!
In response to bunique’s post:
Awesome post!! I really liked many parts of what you’ve shared… Though I’ll start here: I wouldn’t want to change my life. I wouldn’t want to change my life a great deal and I enjoy my work I would just love it to be a more balanced part of my life :-)

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

will return to respond to questions at later date (to be more reader friendly)
1. What inspires you? Do you believe there are any barriers keeping you from finding/following your passion?

2. What or who assisted your feelings of being more passionate in your inner world?

3. What are some things you are not doing now, that would bring you great pleasure?

4. And …if you had unlimited free time and resources what would you be doing more of, or begin doing that gets that passion flow going?

5. Is following your passionate-side part of your very nature these days, more at one time… or something you’ve simply and joyfully been contemplating now & again?

In this weeks meeting I mentioned renewing an old friendship and wanting to re-connect with other long lost friends. My story deals with both family and friendship.

Almost 11 years ago a double miracle happened in our house and it awakened a dormant passion of mine-Unconditional Love. I want to take this opportunity to tell about it.

My stepdaughter was expecting her first child and of course my wife and I wanted to be there for her. I didn’t know it then, but there is an unwritten law that states a mother has to be present during her daughters first childbirth. Of course I was happy to tag along and dutifully wait in the delivery waiting room. The first miracle was the the birth of a healthy granddaughter. The second was was very much unexpected. Both mom and grandmother were doing well and the baby girl arrived home in a day or so. Of course grandmother stayed with her daughter and the baby for a couple of weeks. I had to return home and go back to work. There was nothing miraculous about this so far, but wait for it…the new momma returned home with her baby to our house. Both mom and grand-mom were exhausted.

That’s when the second miracle began and it continues until this day. I had painstakingly endured the 2:00 A.M. feedings from my own children and remembered it as not pleasant, but as a good father, I did it for my children and my wife. I remember how difficult it was get up in the middle of the night and then have to get up early and go to work, work all day and then start it all over again. The pressure was enormous.

My stepdaughter wanted to breast feed and so she pumped for the 2:00 a. m. feeding. The bottle was ready. Both women were recuperating so I volunteered for night duty. As it turned out, it was the most enjoyable thing I had ever experienced. I was itching to get up and feed that baby. She was so trusting. We snuggled together in my big Poppy lounger and we both would fall asleep intertwined into each other. Since those first few weeks, I have never missed a birthday and we are best friends. Although we live in different states, we correspond through email, face time, and phone. We may not be blood relatives, but we are family and we are best friends. Total and complete unconditional love is nothing short of miraculous.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Thank you all, my spirit is soaring as I am grateful for your sharing, kindness, compassion and generosity. Your posts speak much more than words, they give insight into the truly wonderful individuals you are. All of you are truly an amazing Blessing to me and the Universe!

The gift of life itself inspires me. It is so fleeting and fragile, I savor every moment and strive constantly to be a Blessing to others, something so simple as allowing someone to proceed in traffic when I have the right of way, sharing a smile, a kind word or encouragement, being thoughtful. My Faith sustains me, I am cognizant that “by the grace of God, go I.” I am here to love, to share, to care, to be patient, like a beacon in the night a reflection of God’s grace, mercy, peace and unconditional love. I nurture my feelings and desires by being of service to others volunteering with various Outreach Programs. The reward is immeasurable, worth more than diamonds or gold. Seeing eyes that had grown dim light up and twinkle ignited by love and concern brings joy to my soul.

In response to Nancee1953’s post:

“I am here to love, to share, to care, to be patient, like a beacon in the night a reflection of God’s grace, mercy, peace and unconditional love. I nurture my feelings and desires by being of service to others…”

My heart is smiling! This is the person I aspire to be.

“ Seeing eyes that had grown dim light up and twinkle ignited by love and concern brings joy to my soul.”

Yes, it is so true. And furthermore, I believe when you ignite that twinkle, the joy you receive fans the coals of love into a roaring fire within your heart.

In response to Poppy’s post:
In response to Nancee1953’s post:
In response to bunique’s post:
***Wow!*** my spirit is lighting up with total pleasure for the beautiful sharing here. I’m beyond appreciative!!

***~knowing what’s important~*** -quote There are fine things which you mean to do some day, under what you think will be more favorable circumstances. But the only time that is surely yours is the present, hence this is the time to speak the word of appreciation and sympathy, to do the generous deed, to forgive the fault of a thoughtless friend, to sacrifice self a little more for others. Today is the day in which to express your noblest qualities of mind and heart, to do at least one worthy thing which you have long postponed, and to use your God-given abilities for the enrichment of someone less fortunate. Today you can make your life – significant and worthwhile. The present is yours to do with as you will. Grenville Kleiser

IMPORTANT IT IS TO VALUE YOURSELF & OTHERS RIGHT NOW.

• ~
    When I read the posts here…and remember why I am passionate about the things I am… it does go back to others. At work I serve many many individuals from all ages, all walks of life… (and it is a very busy environment). Often it is such a gift to see children smile…or adults with a hardy (heart-y) laugh… that I forgot that the giving/service is even for them…because it brings me joy too!

Sometimes I feel on this site I’m always speaking about myself that you’d not ever know … my passion involves others…very much.

I have simply found the more I listen to my heart…in all matters…have daily time letting go… listening and chats with a loving God…. and other demonstrative ways of taking care of me…I can be more to others. And its just a beautiful cycle of love.

The balance of what I’m reading from all the posts …create that picture in my heart…And I can most unequivocally say … everyday … in so many ways… this is why I am passionate about Bmindful!! The loveliness is beyond easy to witness(: I am so passionate and pleased to be a part of this community(: Thank you all for what you are always giving me…and allow me the opportunity to give what I have …in the ways I can…on a forum… love and appreciation

In response to ‘Just’ For Me’s post:

If you read nothing else but this quote and take it to heart, then you will have gained the wisdom of the ages. -the quote on knowing what’s important – There are fine things which you mean to do some day, under what you think will be more favorable circumstances. But the only time that is surely yours is the present, hence this is the time to speak the word of appreciation and sympathy, to do the generous deed, to forgive the fault of a thoughtless friend, to sacrifice self a little more for others. Today is the day in which to express your noblest qualities of mind and heart, to do at least one worthy thing which you have long postponed, and to use your God-given abilities for the enrichment of someone less fortunate. Today you can make your life – significant and worthwhile. The present is yours to do with as you will. Grenville Kleiser

• ~
    I wrote two poems and have shared them before but they seem to go along with this quote:

When my father died, I was very sad, but only briefly. Then I was oddly happy. He had suffered a stroke several years before and had endured rehab after rehab until he finally came home. I had spent as muck time with him as I possibly could. I new he was in heaven and strangely, he would visit me in my dreams often during his first year away. He still visits occasionally, most often when I ask him something.

This is something I wrote right after his passing:

DEATH

It is a passing thing
Going from here to there
We tend to think it’s far away
But it’s ever so close

Will we have said all the things
To all our friends and enemies too
Or will we wish we had?

Time moves as we grow old
Then suddenly stops
With a jerk.

To late when you are dead!

This is one of the things I wrote when my mother passed.

SADNESS

I feel my heart heavy in my chest
My hands and feet are cemented in the ground
I want to run, run as fast as I can
But there is nowhere to go

What to do and what to do
I’m in a hopeless stew
What will the morrow bring
More of the same, procrastination
What a paralyzingly thing

If I do or if I don’t
I’m doomed either way

A ray of sunshine
Eludes my eyes
A cloud of pain
Invades my self
My vision fails

I want to live
There is so much still to do

Meds, friends, and grandchildren help
As days of existence slip away

Oh! What to do, what to do?

I certainly am not glad my parents are gone, but I am at peace with it. I am happy for them. They are once again together with their families and one day my spirit will rejoin them. So celebrating the passing of something dear to you is worth considering. “ Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.”

Today is the day…

Poppy says in regard to poem If you read nothing else but this quote and take it to heart, then you will have gained the wisdom of the ages.

this is the quote: – There are fine things which you mean to do some day, under what you think will be more favorable circumstances. But the only time that is surely yours is the present, hence this is the time to speak the word of appreciation and sympathy, to do the generous deed, to forgive the fault of a thoughtless friend, to sacrifice self a little more for others. Today is the day in which to express your noblest qualities of mind and heart, to do at least one worthy thing which you have long postponed, and to use your God-given abilities for the enrichment of someone less fortunate. Today you can make your life – significant and worthwhile. The present is yours to do with as you will. ***~Grenville Kleiser~***

Whenever I truly recall what is important -these ideas surface in my heart as I know they do with you and our loving community…

I believe when we share as we do…we remind ourselves and others about the love we are, the love we will share and the joy it brings. ***Thank you everyone for being you!!!***

• ~

your heartfelt lovely poetry reminded me of this…which reminded me of what unconditional love teaches (for others, for ourselves for life)

In response to ‘Just’ For Me’s post:
Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!

Poppy absolutely magnificent, your thoughts and emotions are so eloquently communicated through your poetry. You have such an amazing gift and talent that enables you to touch others.
Again, I Thank you All for being open and freely sharing, it is truly a Blessing to us all.

Thank You Nancee!

I first started writing poems just for myself. I didn’t really think of them as poems and I still have trouble calling them poems. It is a cross between prose and poetry. Words without punctuation describes them best. Most are heart-felt prompted by a thought or event. I am glad you think they are of value.

I was thinking of this topic, I'd like to reread the questions

Thankful to find it!!!

This thread is 4 years old, though as we say around here- thread always open(:

Though will leave a current favorite quote of mine:

“Do not doubt yourself, for where doubt resides, confidence cannot. Do not neglect yourself, for with neglect comes loss. Do not imagine yourself to be less than you are, not more than you are, but seek always to become all of which you are capable. Do not allow yourself to become arrogant or discourteous, for both are characteristics adopted by those who seek to cover their weaknesses. Do not spend time regretting the past, but invest that time wisely by preparing a better future. You are a fertile seed of the Creator of all things, destined not to lie dormant, but to spring forth from the soil called life, and grow upward toward the unlimited horizons – overcoming all obstacles in the process. It is your destiny to tap your talents and to achieve all that of which you believe yourself to be worthy…to love more, anticipate more, overcome more, plan more, attract more, and to enjoy more than you ever dreamed possible. Such is the standard of life awaiting your mental decision and outstretched hand. You are deserving – you are becoming – and you shall succeed.” by Jim Rohn

Questions to Ponder as  it is now almost 2020:

With all the affirmations I do daily, it is hard to feel barriers lol

Without a doubt  I would definitely say my beautiful mother was my best & most pleasant teacher of passion.

I would look into her loving face as she'd ask or comment about anything... All felt like an invitation for the beautiful life that was 'simply there' when I was desiring(:

I still feel this today. Thank you Mom, I will always have infinite gratitude and appreciation for all you were and still are to me. You will always be a part of me. 

This may sound boring to some, though ... I simply and powerfully want to get back on track with goal setting with building the foundation for all I love.

I choose to organize and decorate my home ... as though it contained resources for my present and my gifts in the future. I will elaborate on this when I return. I want to rid my place of anything which doesn't serve my joyful spirit.

I choose to create my home so my husband and guests feel this joy simply by being here.

Will give it a bit of time & return soon(:

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content