login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ANSWERED PRAYER

One of my favorite quotes were these well-known words written by an unknown Confederate soldier:

I asked for strength, that I might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humility.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of others,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life,
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I had asked for –
but everything I had hoped for.

Almost, despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am… most richly blessed.

Let’s share our answered prayers on these threads (can be general or specific)

Let’s remind one another why *we’re keeping the faith
(had to throw a little Eli Stone TV show in there)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

A Daily prayer (of many) that is answered on a daily basis since starting it, is asking God to help me to behave appropriately:

i.e, to be kind when appropriate, be calm, level headed and keep my temper at bay. To act appropriately towards other human beings. Sounds silly I know, but all good things stem from this for me…

I mean, if I hold no resentments, or have a bad attitude about anything then I am more likely to give my best to others, which in turn allows the bestresults back to me. Basically if I am appropriate, balanced in kindness and assertiveness (which is giving myself to my 100% best) than I am receieving the best responses from others, in turn the day becomes manageable and joyful).

At the end of every day I am grateful that I had manageable day and behaved appropriately.

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:

That is not silly at all Anoushka, I feel connected to what your say as prayer, I myself want to be kind when appropriate, be calm, level headed and keep my temper at bay and to act appropriately towards other humans beings. Everyday I am working on myself to be just that, does get hard at times thou trying my best to get through it…thankyou for sharing your prayer, I feel at ease knowing someone like you is walking along side me :-)

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amazing laurie!!

I’ll be back to comment for sure!! I’m kinda busy now but I couldn’t just pass by without leaving a comment..

Thank you laurie you’re the best! mowah

I am so grateful to you Laurie for starting another wonderful thread. I feel that each day is full of so many of my prayers being answered. In many little ways God answers my prayers but what I used to look at were the unanswered ones till I chanced upon Buddhism. God is kind and only he knows what to fulfill and when.
I feel forever full of gratitude for all the blessings that God is sending my way. All my prayers are being answered and today I pray that all the prayers of my bmindful friends should be noticed by God.
Thankyou all of you for adding lots more of togetherness into my life.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

so pleased it worked out for you in the end .We have really struggled for money ans at thelast minuite something turns up ,love flowergirl

Laurie, I have always loved what that Confederate soldier wrote… great words for living… made me think of another wrting I so enjoy… I’m gonna go look for it so I can share that one… great thread laurie…
Kathy

drat, can only find peices of it and no one seems to know where it originated other than in Africa…. I will keep looking…. K

since business has been so slow we didn’t have the money to pay our phone bill so our phone disconnected, which meant we couldn’t take credit cards…. that became a real annoyance. Today the phone is working but when I asked family members if they paid the bill they all said no… I can only think it was one of our wonderful customers, but we may never know… what a blessing…. prayer does work… K

ps: I recieve money in expected and unexpected ways ;)

faith is so very important…. I am believeing it is working out for the best… keep us posted… K

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content