login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Old Members New Members -Sharing

Old Members New Members -Sharing

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

It is no Secret (: that the site (and myself) (: is partial to writing and reading about joy and manifesting.

Okay, let’s talk about possibilities(:

Hello, wanted to share a couple of things. Bmindful went through some growing pains not to long ago and the site is much healthier now. Those of you who have been around a while know what I am talking about. Anyway, a long time ago, several years in fact, I stumbled onto bmindful at a time when I really needed it. I used to spend a lot of time on the site back then. It helped me a lot. It was a real community. Fast forward to today. I am back here on occasion, but, not as much as I was when I first found the site. I was completely absent for a while, and some of you know why, but, even though I am back I don’t spend as much time as I used to participating in discussions. A couple of reasons. The first one is that I don’t need to spend as much time here. I’m in a much better place. A few years ago after a couple of heartbreaking personal setbacks I was filled with sadness. I’m not like that anymore. I know who I am again. I know where I stand on most things. I have peace and some measure of hope for the future now. The second reason I don’t spend as much time here now is that the discussions are mostly centered around personal growth and things of that nature. Personal growth and affirmations and things like that are great, but, when I come here I don’t think I am necessarily learning anything “new”. I may be able to re-enforce some things, but, basically, that is kind of mostly what am getting from bmindful these days. So, why am I posting this? It has to do with the focus of the site. Should we remain narrowly focused, which has certain strengths, or would it be worth it to broaden the focus, which also has strengths. I don’t know which is better, but, I just wanted to mention what would make me personally spend more time here. That is having discussions about practical day to day living things other than the personal growth stuff. Again, not saying we should, I’m just sharing some thoughts. Each of us has questions about areas of our lives that are concrete in nature – how to kind of things, stuff we know about and things we want to learn. I, for example, am going to build a tiny house in the near future. I’m also researching some stuff about small trucks I can buy cheap that are reliable. I plan on getting one and it’s something I am spending my online time reading about. With broader topics there is the possibility of more conversations, but, they might be too broad for the site. Anyway, just wanted to share while it was on my mind. Maybe some of you have some thoughts about it.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post:

always love your straight forward point of view!

Thank you very very much for sharing!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content