login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

-★Power of Prayer

Is prayer a powerful element of your routine?

Do you see your affirmations as prayer?

Are words powerful in your world, and how?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yes, Yes and Yes!

I think affirmations are requests to the universe. Putting your innermost desires into practice in your subconscious mind and therefore manifesting them. Prayer is exactly that, in my view. I pray to manifest what I believe to be deserved, and like affirmations that means only the positive and in the ‘here and now’. Its like looking into the power within you and sourcing the answers. The power within me (as I can only speak for myself on this subject) is God, and I look for answers by connecting to God.

For example:

If I need extra courage, strength or support/reassurance, I look to God, the power greater than myself, that EXISTS within me – i.e MY Higher Power, and in affirming “I am strong and courageous” (for example) – it is so. I BELIEVE it to be so – therefore it is.

When I think about my innermost desires and attracting them/manifesting them I go to Gratitude for what already exists. I thank God daily for the everyday wonders – and that is like affirming that you APPROVE of those ‘things’ therefore you send a message out to the universe to create more….. As God/the universe only wants the best for all of us.
If we are negative and approve of this by saying it to ourselves time and time again we are asking for more of the same (a cycle of bad energy).

I hope I am not waffling – this is a really special subject to me and I would dare not do any injustice to it.

Connecting with God on a daily basis is my grounding energy, my life force and my confidence. By trusting that God can do no wrong I am producing the correct affirmative statements and saying the right stuff to myself.

I love it when Laurie affirms on ‘Fresh eyes’ and finishes by saying ‘- and it is so”. Thats exactly it, in a nutshell. Affrim, believe and trust.

Connecting with God also does a marvellous thing for me, which is ‘SLOW ME DOWN’ and ‘recalibrate’ me. Basically, it helps me to see only what is necessary, say only what is kind (as I would pray and affirm that I do so) and BREATHE.

Before an important event or meeting if you are to affirm that God is within you, allowing you to express yourself well with confidenc and grace – IT IS SO. That mental grounding you did is like giving yourself a little pep talk, that when you trust the process will do exactly what you want it to.

Great thread Laurie! Cant wait to see how it develops. I hope you can understand my ramblings. :O)

A full and thankful heart..

Prayer for others – particularly those who hurt you or say/do things that are unkind. This self-less deed proves positively ‘self-ish’ as all negative energies/karma is dissolved and goodness comes back to you.

I love praying for others when they are in need – as its an instant lift out of ‘self’ by putting the attention out to another. Its very empowering. Praying/asking the universe for one’es own self, all the time, for ‘things’ for improvements is like Thomas Herold says:

Just like a lost child who approaches a police officer and asks, “Excuse me Sir, can you tell me how to go to the post office? Can you? Can you? Can you? Can you? Can you?” Well, if the child goes on and on asking, the police officer can’t even give an answer, right? (Thomas Herold)

Well, it’s the same thing with your mind. If the only thing your mind is doing is transmit, transmit, transmit, the universe — which is trying to respond — can’t give you a single thing because you’re not allowing yourself to receive!

Turning the attention over to others and making another person priority rather than yourself can reap great rewards….;o)

A full and thankful heart..

wonderful post from Anoushka/2009

In response to anoushka's post: I always enjoyed "your ramblings" and loved rambling with you. you are awesome!

looking forward to rambling here on this thread  soon...(: 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content