login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Warning: Toxic

This is in response to something themadcookieman said about values

Here are some values that have seemed to assist me in my personal journey. This is primarily geared toward interpersonal relations and the management of ones mind

If a person depicts the following values then it will naturally carry with it a very positive, lighthearted, and enjoyable atmosphere which in turn brings out the good in others. (Having originally thought of humans as cruel I later realized that it was I who triggered them to act harshly towards me)

1st warning – Now would be a good time to have an open mind or stop reading.

Content – with where you are at the moment (this doesn’t mean you cannot be on a path for change)

Feelings of Abundance – no one can give you anything that you do not have already – I am not referring to anything tangible; healthy affection and love will only come when your actions are not fueled by thoughts and feelings of neediness or lack

Real and down to earth – don’t try too hard but don’t be afraid to pose an interest in something… finding that ever sweet healthy median is an ongoing battle – the feedback you receive from the universe will guide you (e.g. you are on a first date and want to make a good impression – you are full of forced energy and send him/her running – it is up to you to see why you were unsuccessful) – be natural; anything forced are and will forever be ‘turnoffs’. Remember that in the end nothing matters but all is honored

Courteous of other’s thoughts, experiences, emotions, etc. (a great way to have empathy for someone is to put yourself in their shoes; ask yourself where you come in to their reality (e.g. The new puppy I got the other day is not my puppy – I am his caretaker)

Joyful – Find fun and enjoyment in all things (acceptance of ‘what is’ will be necessary for this value to shine)

Note to self: Be Kind – If you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all – Here is my explanation of Kindness – Do you have a prickly personality? Do you bluntly speak your mind in hopes that the truth will awaken someone to change? Just know this, ‘a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.’ – telling people off is futile (challenge but do not argue). So, if there is no point in pointing out everyone else’s flaws to them then you are free to accept them for who they are and focus can be given to their positive attributes. Lastly, the truth of the matter is that you have only so much brain power to offer. If all of your cognitive activity is honed in on how shitty an individual this person is then you will be unable to function appropriately.

These values will influence your thoughts, be felt through emotion, and expressed through your behavior. You will be a pleasure to be around and as such be pleased with the company of most others.

“If your going to be respectable then be so but have no halfway bones about it” – On The Road

It is very important to be a good listener. Do not take the previous sentence at face value. Re-read it and consider what it means to be a good listener. When you are talking to someone, do you really listen, or are you just thinking of what you’re going to say next? Once listening is learned and you embrace the world with an open mind then you are able to display a genuine interest in most any topic.

In order for any of the above text to work for you in any kind of consistent manner then you must have the mentality that you will maintain this righteous outlook on life no matter what comes your way – “I am who I am and nothing anyone says or does can change that” – “I blow a sweet tone wherever I go and if someone doesn’t like it then there isn’t anything I can do about it.”

Good to know:
Your own ‘being’ and the present moment ‘now’ are all you will ever have – news flash ‘time is not real’ – that clock on the wall is just a box with gears in it

The past is for lessons learned, the future is for inspiration, and the present is for living. In other words – learn, dream, and forgive

2nd warning – Now would be a good time to have an open mind or stop reading.

What is the meaning of life? Well, to be honest, I considered not including this part of the text because it is kind of difficult to explain but then felt that I was just giving excuses and if you are on this site and have read this far into my post then I will take it that you are vibing with me – so here it is (disclaimer; only my interpretation)

I found what I consider to be the meaning of life through the evaluation of my own personal tendency of critical analysis and deep thinking of topics in life. I am not referring to the thoughts produced by my deep thinking but instead the deep thinking itself. Why would I desire so much to seek out the answers to the questions that I have and why do I get such a high when I successfully apply a personally developed theory to a real world scenario?

This was my finding:
you will need to close your eyes and visualize in order to get the full meaning; words cannot fully explain what I am trying to express, but since you cannot read with your eyes closed I need you to just try your best to paint a picture in your mind’s eye. It is a ‘feeling’ that I am talking about; desire

Have you ever REALLY wanted something?
A relationship
A stretch of land
A million dollars

The feeling of desire runs in all of us. If you desire something and truly believe with every ounce of your soul that you are able to obtain or accomplish it then that is the first step. If you can attach that kind of commitment to something that you deem worthy of your time (whatever it may be) and stay sane through the positive affirmations, or mental management, listed at the beginning of the post then your newly acquired commitment will not feel like a commitment at all. The subject of interest will grab your attention and the desire to continue will energize your soul. You will enjoy the present moment but always have a confident, willing, and productive sense of direction.

If you add on the positive mindset displayed above to this then not only will you receive whatever it is you desire but will also enjoy the journey.

Your list for short and mid term goals quickly fill up once you get a view of what would be required in order to fulfill your primary goal. The goal will come to you and if you are having trouble coming up with one then get yourself out there. Learn about and explore areas that interest you. It does not matter what it is. One minute you could be interested in airplanes and the next minute the topic of thought could be on ponies. My question to you is how could you know what would be kick ass for you if you do not know all that is offered.

If you read the courses and course descriptions offered at a college you will find yourself being interested in areas that you had never even considered.

‘Examples’ of goals include:
Short-term (ask a girl out, do your math homework, etc.)
Mid-term (get in shape, educate yourself in a new subject of interest e.g. Ecology, etc)
Long-term (assist in saving the planet i.e. Environmentalism, or assisting in having justice done to a corrupt government i.e. politics or other forms of activism)

Last warning – Now would be a good time to have an open mind or stop reading.

I add this last part to hopefully open a mind or two. After the 2nd warning when I speak of the critical analysis of my own tendency to critically analyze I later asked myself… What would the critical analysis of my critical analysis of my critical analysis contain. I had struck a blank for some time but then something came to me.

Critical analysis – (definition) the dissecting and interpretation of something

Critical analysis squared – (example) I was living out the meaning of life by seeking out the meaning of life because that knowledge was what I desired most.

Critical analysis cubed – (personal interpretation) This refers to the purpose of meaning. It involves the fact that we are human and questions the underlying reason we have desire and the need for meaning in the first place.

Some people may think this post is dumb. Perhaps you are only reading this last paragraph of the text. You live your life day to day with little question to that which goes on around you. You judge everything and everyone at face value. Deep inside you hurt for a reason you do not know. You feel it in your soul that something in your life is out of place. This is the only way I know to reach out to you.

“Forget what you know, forget what you think you know, about life, about friendship, and especially about you and me” – Fight Club

Thank you for this. It was enjoyable following the processes we all go through and receive such different “results”. The joy of the journey improves with each step.

In response to illusion555’s post:

Illusion – This is a very heartfelt post with a lot of good points for people. I’m glad you shared. I liked your analogy of college course and descriptions. :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content