login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

We're back online!

On the 22nd of August Mel and I moved house. It’s only 2.9km down the road from our old place, but we’re much happier here.

The old place treated us well. It was a great location and we lived amongst some cool people, but the house itself was damp and cold, incredibly small and the people below us were totally inconsiderate to a point where we were kept up nearly every night of the week.

The new place is still a one bedroom apartment, but everything about it is bigger! We’ve got a separate kitchen and lounge, and even have a sun room that we’ve turned into a combined office / zendo.

On top of this, the new place is much warmer and we’ve got a back door that opens onto some steps, the top one being big enough to sit on a cushion, have a cup of tea and take in views of the park next door.

Rent is slightly higher than the old place but we’re getting so much more for our money so we’re happy to pay the little bit extra every week.

Speaking of money, we’ve given the credit card a work out buying some new furniture to match the dark wood table we use in the lounge. It’s beautiful stuff. Well worth the money and as it’s all purpose fit it’s helped us settle in properly, just about everything has a place already.

We’ve almost got our routine down. We still use many of the same shops, but we’re closer to an organic grocers and a fantastic farmers market. We’re still close to most of our friends too.

We’re slightly further out of the city now though, which also means we are further from Mel’s work. She done well riding her bike nearly 5km each way every day since we’ve moved in.

One of the downsides of moving was that we’ve been without Internet since we moved until last night. We had found a net cafe which we visited a few times during the first week or so, but we couldn’t help ourselves and ended up spending a lot of money on coffee and the delicious breakfasts. On top of the added expenditure, the net was at best terribly spotty so we put at stop to that.

We are back online now though! Which hopefully means more time on bmindful. I’ve had a lot of time to think about how I want to move forward with the site so I’ll start a thread about that in a bit and get everyone’s input.

I’ll also get back to everyone who’s messaged and emailed me. It might not be for a few days yet, I’ve got a bit of a back log to get through :)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
WELCOME BACK & CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW HOME.

May you both have many blessings of great health, love, joy, and serenity.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Welcome to your new abode, Lee. May it bring you peace & creativity.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Moving house is quite a task. Congrats on accomplishing it successfully!

Welcome back. missed you both.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content