login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

What is going to happen in 2012?

Is it just the end of the Mayan calendar and the beginning of a new cycle? Or is it the date of the birth of a new global consciousness?

Is it just another Y2k? A lot of excitement and fear, and all for nothing?

Are our date calculations even accurate? Is our 2012 weeks, months, years or even decades off the 2012 the Mayans spoke of?

Was Nostradamus right? Are we heading for nuclear war, or is a killer comet on the way?

What do you think is going to happen in 2012? Do you know something that we don’t? Does anyone know any decent sites or books on the subject?

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Is it something as far out as Technological singularity. From Wiki:

The technological singularity is a theoretical future point of unprecedented technological progress, caused in part by the ability of machines to improve themselves using artificial intelligence.

Statistician I. J. Good first wrote of an “intelligence explosion”, suggesting that if machines could even slightly surpass human intellect, they could improve their own designs in ways unforeseen by their designers, and thus recursively augment themselves into far greater intelligences.

This is a lengthy, but seemingly worthwhile read: All About 2012 – I’m about half way through.

i don’t believe it will be the end of the world but i do believe it will be an end of an age, there wont be any great cataclysmic events that encompass the entire world but what we will see are more natural disasters, greater food and oil shortages, much more civil unrest in the third and developed world etc which will all increase in intensity over the next coming decades. we are going to see some crazy shit in our lifetimes :o

i saw a fascinating documentary on the issue called Zero Point which is on google video and about the evolution of consciousness, i can’t access it now but i’ll try and post the link a little later

Some of my friends are really pessimistic about the whole thing and are going into “survivalist mode”.

I don’t think it will be end of the world either. I think 2012 will be a time of great change, and that can be good or bad, depending on your perspective. Right now my perspective is great :)

I like change because I have a short attention span :)

Focus

I’m in agreement with you Se da luz and freygan, there won’t be a disaster but just a change. I hope that this will include a change in thinking too, a kind of Celestine Prophecy switch in our attachment to nature and living things. Atleast its a positive way to think of it….

I think its very interesting though how the I Ching also predicts the same exact date…Spooky

honestly, this is the 1st i’m hearing of anything like this in 2012.

i just went to the site that Lee provided, and my eyes grew tired and painful from reading:)
I’ve never been interested in science and much of it is “timely” reading for me. However, my wife teaches environmental science in high school, so maybe she’ll find this interesting and teach me about it!

I do feel, though, as I’ve studied the LOA, fropm what I understand and have experienced, “ Energy Flows Where Attention Goes” – James Ray

So..
If theres nothing I can do about it, then I’ll choose not to think about it or focus on it..
We’ve got 3 years anyway…
Much can happen, by then…

Just adding my thoughts…
Good night all!

Just came across this link:

Remote viewing Tibetan monks see Extra Terrestrial powers saving the World from destroying itself in 2012

A little full on. I hope these monks are wrong about the nuclear war!

I recently read a book on this subject called “The mystery of 2012 : predictions, prophecies & possibilities” and it detailed all of the different ideas of what may or may not happen.

I’ve always been a Pollyanna about life and I don’t believe that with the shift in collective consciousness that is occurring now that we would let the world destroy itself. Mother Nature has this miraculous way of adapting itself to continue life.

My gut feeling is that 2012 is more about the shift to a Celestine Prophecy style of life (as mentioned above by Melt86). I think that the numbers of people who are interested in this are growing exponentially and 2012 will not be a drastic change, but more of a line in the sand that marks the shift.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content