login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Affirming The Impossible

Question: Could I use the affirmation “Impossible things are happening before my eyes” and then follow it up with “I am now 6 foot 1”?

My Response: Believing in the impossible is a good thing because everything is possible! However, with regard to this particular issue I think the best approach would be to become comfortable with who you are right now, and then look at changing it when you get there.

What are the reasons that you want to be taller? There is nothing you can’t do if you’re four foot one that you can do if you’re six foot one. If you are congruent and have faith in yourself then you can demand just as much respect and have just as much influence.

But, this requires that you become comfortable and congruent with who you are on the inside. Whilst it is nice to take pride in your appearance, dress well and look respectable, If your self worth is based on your physical appearance then your internal state could even change with the clothes you wear!

In my opinion you should be striving to have complete control of your internal state, and not let external factors such as your physical appearance effect your state. Your goal is to be completely comfortable in your own skin, now matter what that looks like.

I suffered terribly from pimples in my younger years and letting that get to me meant that I was miserable every single day. It wasn’t until I developed an internal locus of control that I started enjoying life, and funnily enough my pimples disappeared soon after!

In my opinion, your goal should be to be completely comfortable with yourself no matter how tall you are, no matter how bad your skin may be, no matter what you are wearing, no matter how bad your hair is. Only when you have reached that points can you look at making miracles happen. The only way to get to that point is if you develop and internal locus of control.

This post was converted automatically from the old bmindful article archive. Some of the mentioned links or references may no longer exist.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

This is my top goal to be comfortable with myself then I am FREE!!! People I know who are happy don’t care about small stuff. If someone is rude to them they just shrug their shoulders and go about their business. They are pretty much free of illnesses and stress. They take life as it is.

Peace,
Mary

In response to Lee:

I love this thread. I am continually battling with the ‘voice of reason’ and trying not to affirm things that are beyond my reach. This give such hope to me….that anything really is possible. I want to revert back to the child-like dreams – the ones with no boundaries, no expectations based on experience, but sheer belief in the impossible. I have a tendency to get ‘real’ and too logical/sensible, but half of me really wants to have no limitations. When I taught creative and contemporary Dance to children, I loved to watch very small children move….their ability to create movement without inhibitions or self consciousness. Their ‘improvs’ gave me creative inspiration – as they reached teen years, self-image and expectations of society inhibited their creative growth and exploration.

Why do constantly ruin our experiences by being ‘adult’ about them.
I would love to hear other stories of anyone who has manifested the impossible….Anyone who has techniques to go beyond reason and logic in creating affirmations that truly mirror our hopes and dreams.
Thanks for this thread Lee! Love and Blessings, Anoushka.
;o)

A full and thankful heart..

I dont know if what I have to say really belongs here. I had a wonderful experience and learnt to look at something from a different angle.

The other day we were visiting a relative. This particular relative is very nice and me and her, we get along very well. I always look forward to meeting her. But her daughter I feel has let her parents down, socially, and is now employed in a job much below the family’s social standing. I used to have neutral, in fact negative views about this child becoz I felt that as kids we have to bring glory to the family and not let our parents down. So when we were coming back to our city after spending the night with this family, I asked my kids how was their interaction with their cousions and what they thought of this particular girl. My elder son replied, so very innocently, he said, “Mom, I think I really like this cousin of mine becoz firstly she never speaks negative of anyone and secondly she doesn’t brag.” I was really very surprised by this remark. It made me look at my opinion in another light and in fact I agreed with my son on these two aspects of this girl’s personality.
We have grown up believing certain things and when somebody does or says something contrary we brand them as less acceptable. In fact my son taught me that we become less acceptable becoz we are bound by certain beliefs and don’t want to see the world in a different hue. What a learning it was for me. I am really grateful to my son for making me start to love and respect this niece of mine.
The whole world has so much to love, appreciate and learn from but we are at times bound by our vision and can’t see the larger picture. this narrowness in my thinking is what I trying to overcome and I will achieve a perspective that makes me see the best in what is in front of me rather than thinking about what is not!

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to SONIA’s post:

Hello Sonia, This story melted my heart. Children are so innocent and so much on a higher level than adults at times. There is so much to learn from their interactions!!

What a great lesson. I am so glad yous shared it!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to SONIA’s post:
I really enjoyed that as well(: Thank you.

I run into adorable children, and love how they so wonderfully share their wide eyed interests, their love of the world. It always brings smiles to me that can’t be duplicated anywhere.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to “Sonias post”:

That’s whey I strive to be happy and just be me. These days we are now in a place of doing or being something many times we don’t want to be. Since we want the approval of other people we will work for hours to have a beautiful house we cannot live in because we work ourselves to death to maintain a house like that.

Simplicity is the answer enjoying the day with our children, friends or family. Remember the family sitting at the table to eat dinner and would talk about the day. Laugh at silly things and have our grandparents living with us and would talk about the good old days? We are going back to those days because of the current financial crisis. Actually I like the idea that people are living with less. Because of this people will finally understand how others are trying just to survive and we can be grateful for what we have today.

Peace,
Mary

I have a current example of what this (affirming the impossible) brings to mind.My hubby and I are working on some large challenges. They’re so large that he has trouble assessing it and often trouble getting started. We know in order to break things down into smaller parts, you have to see the big picture and go from there.

I know my hubby is quite bright, and creative. He definitely understands the power of the mind->one of the things that drew me to him over 30 years ago. So why couldn’t he look at this challenge in a big picture scope to assess this situation in it’s entirety? (sp?)

Easy:
He wasn’t being realistic to how all encompassing this area we need to address is. He was being so positive, he was unrealistic->therefore not congruent w/reality. Needless to say, we discussed this at length, as he focused on parts of the situation, and often still not looking at all the pieces and the whole.

Finally->I said something that helped him see it wasn’t being negative to understand what was ahead wasn’t easy, and will take a lot of time, discipline, planning and thought. And he has to desire the goal too.Well the truth came out: He wanted the result so much, but doing the footwork, and the planning for it was not as desirable. That was his ahah moment.

We are currently on the same page. And now our affirmations are more meaningful.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Some great discussion going on here! I enjoyed reading all of the posts, thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and advice.

“He was being so positive, he was unrealistic->therefore not congruent w/reality.”

Laurie, that is so important. I’m so glad you pointed it out. I think the most important thing in life is to act in accordance with reality. You can’t get anywhere without starting from where you are, and if you’re not accepting of that then you’ll have a lot of trouble getting started.

As best I can tell this applies to everything in life. If you wanted to get to Sydney and you were in Melbourne, you’d go north. But if you went north from Brisbane, you’d end up in Cairns.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Running across this thread right now is perfect timing. Isn’t “self-acceptance” what everyone should strive for? If everyone accepted themselves as they are at this moment they wouldn’t be in such a hurry to criticize or change others(which of course we can’t.)

Not accepting yourself is also described as “self-hate.” It’s why we pick ourselves apart and find fault(which is usually “projecting”) with others.

I’m going to review my affirmations to reflect acceptance of myself.

Just saw “End Game” (…on NetFlix). What could have been a blood bath reminiscent of the French Revolution got turned around by a dictator and his prisoner. Point is the “impossible” might just be an imagined prison of the moment past. Point is the “future” might unfold as much potential as the capacity to stay “present” in the moment. …just a thought…

“He was being so positive, he was unrealistic->therefore not congruent w/reality.”

My husband acts this way and I find the behavior frustrating as well, altho could never figure out why….. Thanks Laurie…. you have opened my eyes….

and Lee thanks for your tidbit as well… “You can’t get anywhere without starting from where you are, and if you’re not accepting of that then you’ll have a lot of trouble getting started.” I think that might just be what I need to say to him the next time he makes an unrealistic comment….
Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content