login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Focus And Concentration

I have read many books & attended numerous seminars on the subject of personal development & without exception, they have all promoted the use of affirmations as a very important success tool. And one area in life where affirmations can be a very useful tool is focus & concentration on a particular project or job.

It is widely accepted that one of the first keys to success in any field, is the ability to “do what you know you should do, when you should do it, whether you like it or not”. The ability to focus on the task at hand & prioritise time so that you do what must be done, as opposed to the things you would like to do, can be a short cut to success.

These days, everyone leads a busy life. Our work lives are busier now than at any time in recent history. So much more is expected of us at work today, as employers try to do increase business without increasing staff. We have a holiday every year to celebrate the introduction of the 40-hour week. Wouldn’t that be nice – who works only 40 hours a week these days! And the leisure time we do get, we fill with so many different activities & personal projects, that there is never enough hours in the day.

But regardless of whether we are at our place of employment, enjoying our leisure activities or doing the household chores, there is always something that is the most important thing to be doing & we should focus 100% of our attention on that task until it is done. Then & only then, move on to the next one.

The legendary sales & personal development guru Zig Ziglar says that too many people spend time worrying that when they are at work, they should be at home with their families & when they are home with their families, they worry because they should be at work. They are what he calls “wandering generalities” & not “meaningful specifics”. They are never 100% anywhere, because their mind is always somewhere else. No one will succeed at anything unless they are focused on what it is they are doing at that particular time.

So how can affirmations help with these situations? Well how about starting your day with a few affirmations that will set you on the right track. While taking your morning shower & getting ready for work, you could affirm to yourself “I will concentrate on my key priority today”. Or if you have a task on your “to do” list that has been there for weeks (as most of us do!), you could affirm to yourself as you drive to work “today I will complete the task of ***** “. There are probably other affirmations on this site you could use as they are, or just get the idea from the standard affirmation & customise it to suit your personal tasks.

You will find that if you concentrate on the task that you should be doing & not the ones that you would like to be doing instead (as useful to you as those tasks may be), you will feel much more fulfilled at the end of the day & you can then relax in the knowledge that you have accomplished what you set out to do & get on with the things you really want to do without anything hanging over your head. Margaret Thatcher, Britains first female Prime Minister & probably their most successful post war Prime Minister at that, once said: -

“Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It is not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it’s when you’ve had everything to do & you’ve done it”.

Start your day tomorrow by affirming “I will concentrate on my key priority today” and see how you feel at the end of the day after you have accomplished that task. You will probably find that “The Iron Lady” was right!!

This post was converted automatically from the old bmindful article archive. Some of the mentioned links or references may no longer exist.

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

thank you for this post

Thanks! Awesome Suggestion!

My Key priority is to finish planned assignment for the day and get ahead for tomorrow by completing at least one task on tomorrow’s list before bed tonight.

KK

Here’s an affirmation that works:
“Do It Now”

love these older threads... article in intro written in 2005, and posts are from 2010/2011(:

awesome---  thank you Bmindful positivity!images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE59qe8_qV_i04Ngo36aAAPDZpkAYytYv6qua3udVPW1_vVQjs

Concentration, itself, is nothing but a matter of control of the attention! ... Learn to fix your attention on a given subject, at will, for whatever length of time you choose, and you will have learned the secret passage-way to power and plenty! This is concentration!
Napoleon Hill (1883-1970, American speaker, author, Think And Grow Rich)

Gemini+Astrology+Affirmations2.jpg

“I will concentrate on my key priority today” images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN3GQb-PgVKMC2GF45gLD0QJjBMJm9_BTrwnwGlquCC0VoZSv6affirmations2Bliving2B(1).JPGIMG_2981.JPG

6d5b098e99fe5bfa59d5d35fd0554b0a.jpg

amsnail_medium.jpg?v=1456620754

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQfEzfkwqctFYKABmbRHZ2ofPUv7IPYuAvPygbKlE_FGlFOq0pdaily-positive-affirmations-i-believe-in-myself-and-my-abilities.jpg?w=500

a650ed9208514d3e7b73840435cb3030--dream-boards-positively-positive.jpg232BAffirmations2Bstart2Bday25281%2529.png

The following are chapters from a book by Jack Canfield entitled Success Principles.. I simply took the chapter titles and converted them into daily questions. I find it to be a very helpful daily inventory. Take 100% Responsibility for Your Life, Be Clear Why You’re Here

• Why am I here?
  • What do I want?
  • Do I believe it is possible?
  • Do I believe in myself?
  • Have I unleashed my goal setting today?
  • No matter what I feel, am I going for it anyway?
  • Am I willing to pay the price?
  • Do I reject rejection?
  • Do I use feedback to my advantage?
  • Do I commit to constant never-ending improvement?
  • Do I practice persistence?
  • Do I exceed expectations?
  • Do I surround myself with successful people?
  • Do I acknowledge the best about me?
  • Do I face what isn’t working?
  • Have I transformed my inner critic to my inner coach?
  • Do I stay motivated with the masters?
  • Do I fuel my success with passion and enthusiasm?
  • Do I build my success team with creative successful relationships?
  • Am I successful with money?
  • Have I accepted that Success Starts Now??!(:
  • ** Canfield Resources

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content