login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ Quick Fixes

This thread is devoted to the dangers of quick fixes, whether they be for mind, body, and/and or spirit.

Sometimes we actually can work smarter and not harder by finding something that assists in excellence without alot of (unnecessary)work.

So, often we skip steps to be better, just to feel better. Let’s use this thread to give examples of what you’ve learned along the way regarding the dangers of quick fixes.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Totally agree. Easy come, easy go.

I was talking to a psychologist the other day about the effectiveness of things like NLP. He said that due to it’s long term ineffectiveness, it was rarely used. It might work on the day, and maybe the next but as soon as the ‘honey moon’ period is over, the changes slip away.

The best way to cultivate anything is through habit and repetition. A little bit every day until it becomes second nature (or you become unconsciously competent)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Absolutely Lee! (smiles)

I’m often in an environment where everyone seems to be looking at fast ways to become healthy, weight loss or to sleep better. When they ask my opinion, I say form a foundation of eating well, exercising, and thinking wonderful thoughts about your behaviors you soon will be doing better better and better in.

And then they ask, about another quick fix, an OTC pill or a vitamin that has been marketed to do what they say they want. I ask them are they doing the basics? The answer is generally no.

Nothing takes the place of sleep, healthy food and exercise. If people get overly involved with substitutes for these things, they soon will be taking prescription medication for everything. The body craves doing healthy basics.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Excellent advice Laurie. And all true.

I bought the EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)system and it really works. It is better to be practiced on a daily basis for better understanding. It seems like a lot of moves but once you grasp the technique it helps you a lot. I went to youtube and saw different ways of doing it,

Peace,
Mary

I believe there are no real quick fixes. If you want something, you have to put in the leg work, the correct mental attitude and create a positive environment for yourself to manifest this.
Take your ‘Get rich quick’ scams that promise instant gratification….
Gratification itself comes truly when you have earned it right?
Even if you were to ‘win’ a large sum of money, I believe its because your earned it through manifestation of what you truly deserve and opening yourself up to the universe. And if deserved, it is recieved. Having the belief that you deserve is hard work in itself for most – so, basically a ‘Win’ is your own hard work through manifestation, reaped!

Lets take love – love comes to you when you are truly happy. Working your affirmations daily, believing and being grateful for all that is around you and giving out to the universe – you receive. Love doesnt just instantly fall into your lap if you dont give out what you expect from another. So any type of ‘quick fix’ to attract love superficially (say having a makeover) which is purely a ‘painting over the cracks’ quick fix is literally, as Lee said easy come easy go! Its not based on solid foundations of character that you have worked on and earned…

Another one – Weight loss. We all know that crash diets damage you in the long run – again easy come, easy go. No sustainable effects can be achieved with diet pills or starvation diets.
Am I babbling? Hope this makes sense…Basically you only reap what you sow!

Love to all bmindfullers whom I know dont opt for the ‘quick fix’. Affirmations work if you work them!
A ;o)

A full and thankful heart..

Oh and yes repetition, repetition, repetition – form good habits and keep working them daily. ;o)

Very true Anoushka. The quick fixes just dont work in the long run.
As for the affirmation part- I feel the best way to affirm is to visualize. Visualizing what u really want just as it is really uplifts u and makes u feel you have achieved it. This very feeling of having felt the goal so closely makes u reach ur goal.
Also one thing I have experienced is that whenever there is a doubt then that goal is not achieved 100 %.
Really believing in the power of manifestation and the strength of ur visualisation can make the impossible possible.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

In response to SONIA’s post:
I totally agree with the power of visualisations and creating vision boards (which I am yet to do). Not just picturing the dreams as a reality but experiencing, tasting, smelling, touching – bringing it to life in every sense really reinforces it and can bring it into reality.
You are well on your way to manifesting some wonderful changes in your life!
Glad you found this site!
A ;o)

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content