login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚Healthy Joyous Holiday Season To ✰All✰

this thread is from 2014…and brought to the front for 2015…will revise eventually so the dates and links are current(: AppreciationView

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is how the thread read in 2014:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      While I’m here…I wanted to wish everyone a “wonderful Healthy Joyous Holiday Season…”:“http://www.cybraryman.com/decholidays.html , with love & blessings, Appreciating˚
    • ** * “ ***Benefits of Cultivating Positivity***”:http://www.personaldevelopmentinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Benefits-of-Cultivating-Positivity-2.pdf ***~free pdf you may enjoy(:~***
    •  

• Chanukah or Hanukkah The Festival of Lights Sundown Tuesday, ***December 16, 2014 – December 24, 2014***
  • Christmas ( ***eve of course December 24 sundown*** ) & ***December 25, 2014***
  • Kwanzaa ***December 26 to January 1, 2014***
    [I know there are more celebrations…personal and worldwide…feel free to fill in blanks] (:
    • ~~~~~~~~~~
    • Happy New Year January 1,2015 [ideas were listed for an educator…though can be utilized for anyone(:D
      1 – Ask yourself if your actions truly represent your beliefs and opinions…
      2 – Accept the fact that what once worked perfectly, might not be the best approach for now…
      3 – Include others as you begin the self-reflection process
      4 – You are like a “living document,” and as such you should be in a constant state of change…Rethink, reinvent, reinvigorate, redevelop, redeploy, renew, reemphasize and any other word that prevents you from being a ‘static’ …
      5 – Remember that self-reflection is an essential piece to growing and developing

***~Life of an Educator by Dr. Justin Tarte is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.Based on a work at justintarte.com.~***
January 2015

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“wonderful Healthy Joyous Holiday Season…”:“http://www.cybraryman.com/decholidays.html

• ** The kabbalists explain that this combination of letters takes us back to the time of Creation, and each time we meditate on a particular sequence, we return to the original uncorrupted energy that built the world. By performing the Ana b’Koach mediation, we enrich our lives with unadulterated spiritual Light and positive energy.

Ana B’Ko’ach The 42 Letter Name of God is an ancient word of Power. This Name of God is divided into seven lines.

Each line can be seen as a DNA sequence that represent seven different types of energy. Each line, or sequence, contains six words that provide Divine Energy for helping us to solve the problems of life.

I cannot take credit for every song choice…Other bmindfulers posted on other Holiday threads…and found songs that still had working links(: Hope you enjoy(:
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ** Christmas Card With Music
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Common sense is strengthened by joy.
Nachman of Breslov

“Always remember: joy is not merely incidental to your spiritual quest. It is vital.” Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance toward the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point. Climb slowly, steadily, enjoying each passing moment; and the view from the summit will serve as a fitting climax for the journey. Harold V. Melchert

Be As You Are
Be as you are
And so see who you are
and how you are
Let go for a moment or two
of what you ought to do
and discover what you do do
Risk a little if you can
Feel your own feelings
Say your own words
Think your own thoughts
Be your own self
Discover
Let the plan for you
grow from within you

by Fritz Perls

“The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” The 14th Dalai Lama

Pharrel Williams And The (Spiritual) Happy Phenomenon
By RICHARD ZWOLINSKI, LMHC, CASAC & C.R. ZWOLINSKI
There’s the starving artist. The moody writer. The angry young man. The super-cool, ultra-serious musician who never smiles. The thoughtful psychologist who only laughs at his own jokes…

And there’s Pharrell Williams, the skateboarding Star Trek fan/successful businessman/pop star who’s caused (another) international sensation with his seemingly everlasting chart-topping song, Happy.

Today is the first day of Spring and the International Day of Happiness, which is why news sites are quick to feature Pharrel’s contagiously danceable Happy song, and home-grown Happy videos made by people around the world.

Two Types Of People?

There are two types of people in the world (okay, we know there are really more than two types, but for the sake of this blog post, let’s say there are two):

The first type, faced with others’ happiness, scowls and feels even more miserable than usual.*

The second type feels his mood lift and his spirits soar—to him, happiness is contagious.

Which type are you? Which type do you want to be?

High-Immunity To Happiness

Some people simply don’t “get” others’ happiness. Some only feel a sense of satisfaction, pleasure, or even glee when others are unhappy. There are many theories and some research on the nature of schadenfreude , both personal and political. In some cultures, schadenfreude is considered natural and acceptable, especially when it is directed at “out groups” (such as those of another political party, sports team, or culture). In others, schadenfreude is considered immoral, even evil, in virtually every situation.

Low-Immunity To Happiness

Others find happiness and joy eminently catchable. They recognize, perhaps instinctively, that we are all in this “life-thing” together, we all, ultimately, come from the same, life-giving Source, and that another’s pure joy is at least a little bit, our own.

But I Don’t FEEL Happy…

We all know about the studies that show that by the act of merely smiling, even if you do not feel happy, you up your serotonin and endorphin levels. These hormones will give you a sense of well-being.

Is happiness, then, denial? Well, perhaps it is a bit.

But isn’t denial unhealthy? Yes, deep denial of painful truths can be a block to personal growth and can ham self and others. For those with depression, denying trauma and suffering is probably not the first step towards happiness—acknowledgment, releasing emotions, and talking with a caring, compassionate listener are usually essential to healing.

But setting aside pain, and even pretending it doesn’t exist (at least some of the time), is vital to happiness because every single person on the planet has his or her share of pain and suffering. Light and shadow both are part of being human.

Joy Is A Spiritual Task

Western culture teaches: Go out and do this and that and you will be happy. Achieve this, buy that, reach this goal, check this item off our bucket list and happiness will ensue.

Rebbe Nachman of Breslov, the great sage and mystic whom weave blogged about before, teaches that happiness is actually a requisite of a life well-lived and our most important spiritual task. He teaches that happiness does not occur because of what we have in this world, but who we are in this world.

To find joy is the hardest thing of all. It is harder than all other spiritual tasks…Put all your energy into being happy. Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

Perhaps making Happy videos is one way to begin to fulfill this spiritual task.

• *We are not referring to people with mental illness, such as clinical depression.

To find joy is the hardest thing of all. It is harder than all other spiritual tasks…Put all your energy into being happy. Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
comment from Appreciating˚:
Initially I didn’t like reading the idea that To find joy is the hardest thing of all ; though I was drawn to it. It sounded like a terrible negative affirmation. Though now I take it to mean, one must drown out the “negativity” often immersed “out there”…. and practice finding what works for you which brings “everything” together (for your inside)(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Merry Christmas All!!

May this holiday season be filled with friends and family, and pure celebration!

I look forward to bringing in the New Year with our community!!! I love everything that we have going on in our community! I am so grateful that you are All in my life!

I have grown through all of our sharing and our reaching out to one another, and for all of the great listening. Our listening is what makes this place so powerful. We have all contributed, and we have all grown and now, we can celebrate all of our accomplishments and our path!

I am inspired, and my heart is truly filled with gratitude!

In Love and Light to you All!!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

May this New Year be filled with joy and with friendships, glorious health and with prosperity!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content