login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Health Question

I want to know which vitamins I can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to get healthy, happy, positive thoughts, confidence, good memory, intellegent brain, smartness, joy, happiness, taller body, clear radiant and fair beautiful skin and beautiful hair and to get rid of stress, anxiety, nervousness, negative thought, and depression, blemishes, acne scars, dandruff and black spots
And I want to know in how many days will I see results if I eat vitamins for getting positive thoughts, confidence, and good memory

Hi Shikha – I’m not sure about vitamins, apart from eating a balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables & herbs, but although most people have a long list of physical conditions they don’t like (acne, blemishes, body size etc) I’ve found personally that rather than listing all these things as I look in the mirror, I have a vision of what I am.

Clear radiant happy loving – did you know just by having these positive thoughts it shows in your complexion & the way you walk and carry yourself? I imagine I am taller and walk like I believe an elegant graceful tall confident woman would walk (and you should see how short I am!). Good luck, it’s all about focusing on even the tiniest good thing and starting from there.

They say fish oil is excellent for memory and a long list of things, maybe add this to the positve thoughts & I reckon you’ll get results in less than 2 weeks :)

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Hello Shikha,

What a great question. I am not an authority on vitamins, but I believe they are only part of the equation. This is probably a good question for a medical person.

However, I think you are on the right track, so I wanted to offer a little different spin to answer your question. To be perfectly clear, I am not a medical person. But, I do feel like sharing some of my beliefs may help you as I have seen my life turn around from a deep, all-consuming depression – to one filled with hope, love, happiness, health, and all good things I could ever imagine.

I believe that you have to start with the basics… Good nutrition, plenty of water, exercise, adequate sleep. No amount of vitamins will replace this (in my humble opinion).

First of all, I would go as much organic as possible. Pesticides, hormones, genetically modified foods, and goodness knows what else added to our food supply just doesn’t feel healthy to me. I firmly believe that as time passes, we will learn just how bad we are damaging not only our bodies, but our minds with these nasty things. Stay as close to nature as possible and avoid things such as high fructose corn syrup (which they are now attributing to mental problems as well as physical ones). Stick with lots of fresh fruits & vegetables and don’t overdo the meat consumption. Try to drink at least 64 ounces of water (preferable purified or distilled) each day. Water is a well known secret for beautiful skin as well!

Exercise to the point of sweating. Try to get at least 30 minutes per day. Walking is a good way to start if you haven’t been working out much lately. If you can get at least 3 days of cardio (increased heart rate) and 3 days of weight lifting (using resistance on your muscles) – that would be excellent.

I know this will be a long thread, but I wanted to make sure I clarify my position. The reason I say these things is that you will start to flush the toxins out of your body. Toxins have a heavy impact on your mental clarity as well as general overall happiness. Exercise releases Serotonin, the chemical responsible for those wonderful “feel good” feelings. Of course, sleep is necessary to regenerate and give you the energy to focus on improving your life.

These things take time. You cannot expect instant results. However, your health and happiness is worth the wait. Beauty really starts on the inside, too. You have to love and appreciate yourself as you are now.

It looks like you have a lot of areas that you are wanting to change at once. Is it possible for you to prioritize what you’d like to work on first? Maybe categorizing them? If I may make a suggestion, I’d start with gratitude. There is nothing to get wonderful things to happen for yourself as fast as genuine gratitude. What do you currently have that is really awesome? Start with being thankful for that and expecting more of it to come into your life. Believe with all your heart.

You know, if you are suffering depression, a great way to relieve it is to do something nice for someone. It’s hard to feel bad when you are doing good. Maybe start with something small, like a smile to a stranger.

I know I have written a lot, but there are so many ways that you can go about this, I could write a book on your question!! :)

Take Care.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to Shikha’s post:
Thought you might like this site on world’s healthiest foods

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi Shikha,

Great question. Am not a doctor, but a health enthusiast.
B vitamins are proven to reduce depression and lift energy levels and mood. They are also good for getting the most nutrients out of the foods you eat. It is all very well eating a good diet, but when your body is run down, it often needs help to utilise the goodness you put in – B-complex is a good one as it has a bit of everything. Vitamin B6 and evening primrose are proven to help mood swings/stabilise moods in women who are premenstrual. St Johns Wort is another superdouper vitamin you can get from all health stores and is great for stabilising mood, as well as keeping anxiety at bay. Talking of anxiety, thats another word for an overactive un unproductive activity in the brain – B vitamins are said to increase concentration – so I guess it calms that manic brain mess up too.

I am an advocate for healthy eating and plenty of water and regular exercise, but I also believe in ‘a little of what you fancy’ – as long as you dont go overboard. Use food to lift your mood as it is one of life’s pleasures. So go ahead and boost your serotonin with a little dark chocolate every now and then. Love your body and nurture it. Allow it to be pleasured as well as disciplined!! These things help you feel good, and in turn, positive about your body and in turn, positive about yourself.

Hope this helps.
Anoushka ;o)

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
Hello Anoushka and Shikha,

I too a health enthusiast. I totally agree with eating well and exercising first and foremost. I say first and foremost because, it is my feeling many individuals end up leaning on supplements, instead of nutrition from their food. And in regard to exercise, first and foremost there too(: Many use exercise as a last resort, or do the absolute minimal and then rely on caffeine or some supplement.

My feeling is be patient with yourself, and treat yourself as someone who you truly care-take, and therefore watch out for quick fixes and think slow and “in it for the long run”. The results will be beyond your wildest dreams.

I’m not against vitamins and herbs;just seen in large numbers what many are resorting to. I’ve worked in areas for many years that pharmaceutical and nutritional remedies were the central focus. I will add, use caution with any supplements, not to frighten you-> just to acknowledge not all supplements are created equal in regard to quality. In addition,every individual reacts in their own unique way, and at different times in your life-one thing could be great and not later on. It’s a trial and error game and research, research, research(:

I’ve seen 1st hand what a healthy routine can do, and seen many go from a place of despair with their ‘current state’ and change incredibly for the better.

There are many mood-foods and mood-food routines out there. You’ll have a blast discovering foods that cause you think more clearly, lessen anxiety, lessen the blues, increase optimism etc.

Also if you haven’t already, you may want to consider getting a physical. See if you’re blood sugar is at a good place, your hormones are balanced and if you have any nutritional deficiencies. And last but not least, when you get the results, do research before following the protocol you are given. Lots of healthcare has turned into such big business, it’s amazing the answers you’re sometimes given, instead of going back to the basics that could’ve caused the problems to begin with,(and maybe the answer if you start there) (:

My best to you, and prayers for you always, to find what’s good and right for you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to anoushka_f’s post:

Anoushka~ Thanks for the info on Vitamin B…maybe I need to add a little of that to my diet!! :) As I get older, I notice mood swings a little more than before.

I know you’ve heard a lot from me on this thread, but I have one more comment that Anoushka reminded me of… and I believe it is very important.

It is not just what you eat, it is also HOW you eat. I’m not talking manners, I am talking ambiance. Don’t eat in front of the television or in the car. Nasty habit, and it ruins the upholstery. :) Meals are an excellent time for not only food, but for friendship and communication.

My husband, who is the cook, always tells me that his main ingredient for any food he serves us is love. We always serve using the “good dishes” and have a bouquet of fresh flowers on the table. We bless the food and ask it to nourish us. The conversation at the table is not about issues or problems. It is light-hearted, fun, and full of good energy. There is a little routine we do: 1) What are we grateful for today 2) What is the favorite thing that happened to us during the day and 3) Anything of particular interest. The children love it and it makes them feel such an integral part of the family.

I am a firm believer that your brain and your “heart” affect how your body absorbs the nutrition. We always center our meals around love, companionship and gratitude. I don’t know much about neuro peptides or other brain chemicals, but meals centered around the good in life – just “feel better”.

Sending you lots of love, light, peace & happiness. May you find the answers you are searching for!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Hi MM!

Oh I love love love what you said about serving ‘Love’. My fiancee says the same thing to me. Instead of ‘wow! thats delicious’ he says, ‘Wow, you put a LOT of love in today’ etc. Likewise, he tends to prepare my lunch to take to work, as he is not working at the moment, and I swear when I eat it – even if its at my desk, looking out of the window at the rain, I feel a great sense of well being! I am a firm believer that you can put into food what you want to receive. Its like that film ‘Like water for Chocolate’….Although in that film a young lady’s loins start burning with heat and she ends up riding off into the sunset on a horse-stark naked!!!! I dont think i will be doing that today!! The boss may not approve! LOL!
a ;O)

A full and thankful heart..

In re: to health and hormones, the best things you can do for yourself is make sure you get some basics.
Here are my ideas on the subject

1.enough sleep
2.omit MSG
3.omit things with caffeine
4. hormone-free food
5. Have a food routine that caters to balancing your blood sugar
6.Drink lots of filtered water; some say reverse osmosis or other types. I feel filtered water is fine. I’m always game about learning more about good water, these days(:
7. Experiment with food-mood (keep a journal w/what you eat, and how you feel before and after)
8. Know your mood-food, and use it like a medicine cabinet
9. Journal your thoughts and feelings, and be patient with yourself, that this too will pass.
10. Have colorful meals (fruits, berries, salads, sweet potatoes, fish (like salmon, cod) andpoultry (if you eat that), beans etc (I know you eat well)
11. Do an inventory of what foods you like, what foods you consume, and what you want to add more of to give yourself.
12. Exercise often and routinely. Make sure you have good things to help you exercise at home, when you can’t make it to the gym.

Maybe we should do a thread on mood-food. What do you think?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:

I am sooooooo starting a food mood journal!! That is an excellent idea!! …and one on my kids… :) When I cut out certain food dyes & high fructose syrup out of their diets, man the level of craziness went down. However, I’d like to see if certain foods are trigger foods to hyper days. I may need to pack their lunches, because goodness knows, the school food is nothing more than frozen pizza & chicken nuggets…

In response to SelfCareJoy’s post: a mood food thread would be so helpful

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Great idea for a thread. Happiness is such a huge topic on this site, and while how we think is huge…there are so many other things which could possibly contribute to mood…and food is certainly one of them.

What do you think, if we begin creating threads…tackling a variety of self care things we can possibly control…helping ourselves ask questions to review possibilities…and always remembering the uniqueness of us all?

For example, I was speaking to a person yesterday who is going to go on a juice fast. For many that is helpful. Though my body cringed..when I heard the high sugar juices she was going to be ingesting. For me, something like that would create total havoc.

While, acknowledging this and remembering we are chatting together and still so many people read who do not join or share, we will probably need to preface a lot remembering the diversity of our audience.

You being a vegan, what do you say we have our first mood food being totally vegan? And maybe another thread including organic health foodies, another a mix of it all… for non-vegetarians who want to cut down on non-vegetarian sources but not exclude some animal products…respecting all…and continue with a true mix…and see how many ideas we can circulate. Oh yeah and not to forget the value of progressive exercise…in another thread. I would love to see a varied focus like that. Oh and how about a thread which includes the variety of things which can negatively affect mood and another which positively does?

The power of loving ourselves is vital, and part of loving ourselves is a wonderful honest look at ourselves without berating ourselves(: To love ourselves with love(: We wouldn’t tell our children, look you dummy…you don’t do anything right…lets do right things today(: With love we address ourselves. With love we alter and reinforce our routines. Whatcha think?

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
this thread was created early 2009, and has recently been brought current to 2015 (: I agree a wonderful topic!(:
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tags in process: health

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I know I need to change what I eat ,although it is all vegan it is not the best choices for physical and mental health so thank you for this

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content