login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Learning to say no.

Hello all you wonderful people! Thank you for being here.

There is something that has been a difficult challenge for me. I love to sing and go to karaokes it’s a lot of fun. People have approached me and want me to be in their bands. That isn’t something at this time of my life that I want to do. In my younger years it would have been something so wonderful for me. Now it’s freedom that fulfills me. To commit to a band would take a lot of memorizing which is difficult for me since the brain operation. Being in the company of people who are very loud and drunk all the time causes me stress. At this time karaoke is just fine because I can stay as long as I want to and leave when it gets to crazy.

Recently a man called me and asked me if I would consider being in his band even though in the past I said no. He made it sound simple and it would be a great opportunity and that it would be maybe only twice a month that we would play. Well since he said he would pick me up and don’t worry about anything I said yes. When my heart said no. Yesterday I found out it would be every week!

Everyone is telling me not o get out of it. It would be a big mistake, but my heart says no. This kind of thing has happened to me in the past and I don’t want to hurt anyones feelings I go against my own will then problems happen.

Happiness and blessings,
Mary

What a wonderful compliment to your singing voice, Godscreation!
Though, treat yourself as though you were your own loving child, coming to you. They have just told you, I would have loved to do this at another time, but the time constraints make it all wrong for now.

What would you tell your loving child who depends on you for everything at this time?

Wouldn’t you tell them to tell them to do what is truly right for them? You say your surgery has made things different for you. That’s all the more reason, to tell the person how flattered you are, and if this were another time, wow!!, but right now your time is everything. Who knows maybe some other opportunity will come out of your total honesty and being direct. I send you my prayers and love for all you need and want for the best of the best.

God Bless You!(: May you receive everything great for your total well being.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie thank you for such beautiful words. I just did that and the gentleman was understanding he said, “Mary at least you gave it a try” and I thanked him and feel so much better. May you have all the desires of your heart and thank you truly for your prayers.

Blessings and love,

Mary

In response to godscreation’s post:
My pleasure, Godscreation! And I really thank you for your wonderful wishes, and blessings you send.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content