login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Music Contributes Well To Life

post1

THREAD CREATED DURING A 'DIFFERENT TIME' -

REVISION EXPECTED SOON(:270f2edda8973ad684f80184f5a1548b--music-is-life-music-music.jpg

╔══╗
║██║
║(O)║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
╚══╝
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- – - – - – - – - – - -●Max

RELATED THREADS IN PROCESS

THE POWER OF MUSIC-SOUL FOOD SERIES

Music-is-the-electrical.jpg

aw_music_is_good_for_the_soul_poster-r97a80ebce14649d59fa936bc522a77aa_6la_8byvr_324.jpg

╔══╗
║██║
║(O)║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
╚══╝
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

Music helps us learn because it will—

establish a positive learning state
create a desired atmosphere
build a sense of anticipation
energize learning activities
change brain wave states
focus concentration
increase attention
improve memory
facilitate a multisensory learning experience
release tension
enhance imagination
align groups
develop rapport
provide inspiration and motivation
add an element of fun
accentuate theme-oriented units

• ~
    This 1st post contains quotes and 1 article

BRINGING EDUCATION TO LIFE WITH MUSIC the above link is gone…so here are parts
The following article is reprinted from the book Music and Learning by Chris Brewer, 1995. This book includes chapters on each method of integrating music in the curriculum. Music suggestions are included.

RESONATING WITH OUR LEARNING

We all know how greatly music affects our feelings and energy levels! Without even thinking about it, we use music to create desired moods— to make us happy, to enjoy movement and dance, to energize, to bring back powerful memories, to help us relax and focus. Music is a powerful tool for our personal expression within our daily lives— it helps “set the scene” for many important experiences.

Throughout time, people have recognized and intentionally used the powerful effects of sound. In the 20th century the western scientific community has conducted research to validate and expand our analytical knowledge of music. This research supports what we know from personal experience: Music greatly affects and enhances our learning and living!

Research continues to be conducted to provide helpful guidelines for our intentional use of music, especially in the classroom. This article, based on extensive research and experiences, will provide you with successful and valuable guidelines for incorporating music into the teaching and learning environment— applicable to all ages and educational settings.

BRINGING EDUCATION TO LIFE WITH MUSIC

How is it that for most people music is a powerful part of their personal life and yet when we go to work or school we turn it off? The intentional use of music in the classroom will set the scene and learning atmosphere to enhance our teaching and learning activities. Plus, using music for learning makes the process much more fun and interesting! Music, one of the joys of life, can be one of the joys of learning as well. The following pages give you suggestions for when and how to use music during your teaching or training. With these techniques, you, the teacher, can orchestrate a classroom environment that is rich and resonant— and provide learners with a symphony of learning opportunities and a sound education!

change brain wave states
focus concentration
increase attention
improve memory
release tension
enhance imagination
align groups
develop rapport
add an element of fun

WHAT ARE SPECIFIC WAYS MUSIC CAN BE USED IN THE CLASSROOM?
coming soon….

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2nd article – in post 2

• ~
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      this is thread was never made very reader friendly… feel free to browse as is.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Berthold Auerbach

• Just as certain selections of music will nourish your physical body and your emotional layer, so other musical works will bring greater health to your mind. ~Hal A. Lingerman

• I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music. ~Billy Joel

• Music is the vernacular of the human soul. ~Geoffrey Latham

• Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

• If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. ~Gustav Mahler

• Alas for those that never sing, but die with all their music in them! ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

• Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn. ~Charlie Parker

• Music is what feelings sound like. ~Author Unknown

• Music is the poetry of the air. ~Richter

• If I were to begin life again, I would devote it to music. It is the only cheap and unpunished rapture upon earth. ~Sydney Smith

• There is nothing in the world so much like prayer as music is. ~William P. Merrill

• Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it. ~Henry David Thoreau

If the King loves music, it is well with the land. ~Mencius

• musicmagic.wordpress.com/

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

╔══╗
║██║
║(O)║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
╚══╝
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

soon to be revised

***~post2~***
This 2nd post contains 1 article

Music Makes Our Lives Meaningful and Happy ***~By Tom Horan~***

• ~ ~
    Research has shown that music can be an important therapy for a number of conditions. However, we also believe that music can promote happiness and harmony – regardless of whatever ails a person. This story (published in a UK newspaper) describes an innovative conference sponsored by the Wellcome Trust in London. This particular session was titled “Exploring the Rhythms of Life”. Sure sounds great.
  • ~ ~
    Music has a universality that stretches beyond the mere generation of happiness and makes us feel connected to the rest of the world
  • ~ ~
    The simple refrain of the song ignites in both singers and listeners a kind of elation. It is almost tangible. Something has elevated the assembly from an event informed by mild interest and a sense of duty to a moment of sublime happiness. Without a doubt, it is the music.
  • ~ ~
    On Tuesday a series of talks begins at the Soho Theatre in central London, organized by the philanthropic body the Wellcome Trust. The event will tackle a subject as old as life itself but one that has become an obsession in our frenetic modern era: happiness.
    The speakers are drawn from many fields but the unifying theme of the lectures is well-being and the nature of psychological good health. The program, first run this summer and now reprized, culminates next month with “Exploring the Rhythms of Life”. In this talk, experts will examine the intense and mysterious power of music, and ask this question: can we harness music to bring us happiness?

Every day we are sold the notion that consumer goods will give us pleasure. Technology in particular is marketed as the key to modern contentment. While the computer itself suffers from a rather prosaic image, its highly desirable cousin the iPod has gripped the public imagination.

Although some of its appeal can be put down to its sleek design, what really makes people want an iPod is not the equipment itself but its payload: an almost limitless store of music, and the promise of all the joy that it will bring.

“The technology is just a vehicle,” says Professor Paul Robertson, a concert violinist and academic who will speak at the final Welcome lecture. “What it delivers is the most ancient system for satisfaction known to man – music. And we are increasingly able to understand the processes by which music makes us feel things.

We can now use science to observe what is going on in the brain while we are listening to music. And what we find is that the old idea that music is a language is now no longer a poetic fiction but a neurological fact.”

Robertson, Visiting Professor of Music and Medicine at the Peninsula Medical School in Truro, has spent 30 years studying the link between what we hear and what we feel. Recent developments in PET and MRI scanning – the technology used to detect strokes and tumors – have led to compelling new evidence about the overlap between the way the brain processes speech and the way it interprets music.

“Music has syntax and semantics,” says Robertson. “It has organising principles that are deeply implicated with how we communicate meaning. And here we touch on the deep mysteries of music – why it is meaningful and what that meaning is constituted of.

“It comes down to Mendelssohn’s extraordinarily prescient comment that ‘music is too precise to express in words’. This level of precision makes music itself a map of our own internal, subjective experience. And what we are also discovering is that this internal experience is heavily connected to how we communicate with others.”

Robertson is not surprised at the great music boom of the past few years, which has seen not just a surge in the number of people listening to music via MP3 players such as the iPod, but also voracious demand for tickets to festivals and concerts, and huge viewing figures for TV shows, such as tonight’s X-Factor, which promote participation in singing and dancing. So does he think that what people are seeking though all this music is a route to happiness?

“It’s not just happiness,” he says, “it’s identity. We know that the auditory system of the brain is the first to fully function. At 16 weeks a foetus has a functioning auditory system. At 26 weeks you have a functioning brain system around it, which means that you are musically receptive long before anything else.

So as soon as we are born, as dependent infants, we use music. It’s the musicality, the prosody, the vocalizations of mother and baby that create the emotional bond. They are both necessary to our survival and central to our development as individuals.

“We are born with the ability to vocalize our emotional needs, but that also requires in the mother a set of brain systems that relate the baby’s calls to specific emotions. These prosodic interplays, these improvisations of mother and baby, actually follow musical form. They are in fact curiously classical. And we find that music tends to reflect these archetypal forms, because that is what is pleasing to the human ear.”

The links between music and happiness work on many different levels. At the most fundamental is the recognition described by Robinson of the codes and patterns of sound that are innately familiar and therefore pleasing – not just to the listener, but to the person who composed them. “We are only going to be able to recognize as beautiful and true those things that reflect our own neuro-physiology. It’s the only yardstick of ourselves we have. At the same time it’s the reinforcement of those into continuous, harmonious forms that comes back as ‘beautiful and true’. So it’s a self-fulfilling model.”

Similarly basic is the body’s reaction to noise. It is one of the intriguing quirks of nature than we cannot shut our ears. Even in sleep, our brains must process sounds, relegate some to the background, examine others minutely for significance. But when we discern a rhythm, the effect on us is immediate and physical. And it triggers the release of chemicals into the bloodstream that are directly linked to pleasure.

“Rhythms make us tap our feet and fingers,” says Robertson, “make us engage with them. And once we engage with those shared rhythmic structures, a whole interplay of hormones comes in – primarily the opioids, which are the brain’s self-reward system – that give us the ‘high’ rewards of pleasure and also decrease pain. Serotonin, for example, which also decreases aggression.”

But if the positive effects of music can be experienced internally, then what is the force that drives iPod users to break out of the sonic bubble in which they have immersed themselves and gather together at Glastonbury, the Albert Hall or a karaoke night at the Wig and Mitre?

It’s here that another speaker at the Wellcome Trust event comes into play. Besides being an accomplished guitarist, Ian Cross is director of the Centre for Science and Music at the University of Cambridge. He also believes “unambiguously” that music can make us happy.

“Music,” say Cross, “is above all a communication system for the creation and maintenance of social relationships. A body of people listening to one piece of music is able to have both the same experience – that of the group – and each one a unique experience – that of the individual. But their shared affiliation with one rhythm acts as a kind of social glue.”

Robertson agrees. “Wellbeing – a healthy sense of oneself, and pleasure in oneself – comes when your internal identity is broadly congruent with that which you find outside,” he says. “I believe this is a profound model of healthiness, and so it’s not surprising that we would seek out shared experience that matches our own internal aesthetic.” advertisement

So can our increased consumption of music, both as individuals and groups, lead indefinitely to greater happiness? If hearing a march or a piece of uptempo dance music can stimulate opioid production, then can listening to one all the time produce a limitless amount of joy and mood elevation?

Ian Cross laughs politely at the suggestion. “There is no room in our heads for a limitless amount of happiness,” he says. “The way opioids work is no different to any other drug. The more you have them, the more you need to achieve the same effect.”

Indeed, there are already those who question the ubiquity of music in contemporary life. At a recent round-table discussion, influential figures in the pop world including singers Jarvis Cocker and Nick Cave wondered whether there was now too much music, whether by being such a constant part of our lives it had become devalued.

What effect, for example, does it have to listen to music for a living? I asked author and Telegraph opera critic Rupert Christiansen. “As I get older I need less music,” he says. “I used to listen to it all day, every day. But it’s something to do with the intensity of the experience. It’s as if one’s palate gets sated: you’re no longer a mainline addict, but you savour the taste all the more when it comes.”

Christiansen, however, takes issue with the idea of a direct link between music and happiness, seeing it more as a kind of emotional sauna.

“Music is the most physically arousing of the arts – it makes your heart beat faster, opens up your pores, makes you sweat emotionally. That’s what it’s good at. I think it’s a myth that sad music makes you happy. It often makes me feel absolutely suicidal. But it exalts you – purges you of emotions. You find stiff-upper-lip people bursting into tears, or getting up and dancing. It makes it all come out.”

Looking back at the children’s assembly and Greensleeves, it is striking that although the music created a very special moment, the occasion itself had a definite rarity value. We do not congregate formally in the way that man has for so many centuries through organised religion. In a predominantly faithless world, music clearly fills some kind of spiritual gap in our lives. It seems to be the one element of religious celebration that we are not prepared to see die.

Where so much of modern life induces a sense of introspection and isolation, music has a universality that stretches beyond the mere generation of happiness and makes us feel connected to the rest of the world.

“We are receptive to music all the way through life, right through to the end,” says Paul Robertson. “As we head towards decay and dementia, the last system to go is musical receptivity. You can still reach people and recover a powerful personal identity and recollection through music, even when you can no longer communicate with words.

The nerve it touches is this: most of us feel a strong sense of identity around music. But we don’t have much of a grasp of why – what does it mean? And one thing we are all universally interested in is ourselves. So music is a way of understanding ourselves. And that’s pretty potent stuff.”
***musicmagic.wordpress.com/***

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post3
This third post contains 5 songs … (1 from a TV commercial)

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

╔══╗
║██║
║(O)║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
╚══╝
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyrics w/Music [Easy On The Spirit] +
  • ** Song: Life of Dreams by Julie Doiron This is the lyrics that is used in the commercial ad.
    Life of Dreams “:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOiH3__qhuc
    I’m living the life of dreams I’m living the life of dreams
    With good people all around me I’m living the life of dreams

I’m feeling hopefully feeling quite hopefully
with good people all around me I’m feeling hope

And the light shines bright all through the night and our dreams are making us nice stories
And my loves are well sleeping just right and I know know know now that we’re…
Living the life of dreams living the life of dreams…

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What a Wonderful World “:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddLd0QRf7Vg
    “What A Wonderful World” featuring Grandpa Elliott with children’s choirs across the globe. In these hard times children and music bring us hope for a better future. Today we celebrate life and change the world one heart and one song at a time!!
    “What A Wonderful World”

I see trees of green,
red roses too.
I see them bloom,
for me and you.
And I think to myself,
what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue,
And clouds of white.
The bright blessed day,
The dark sacred night.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow,
So pretty in the sky.
Are also on the faces,
Of people going by,
I see friends shaking hands.
Saying, “How do you do?”
They’re really saying,
“I love you”.

I hear babies cry,
I watch them grow,
They’ll learn much more,
Than I’ll ever know.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Yes, I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

textileRef:20799749866629a49a1d51c:linkStartMarker:“Oh yeah.

• ~ ~
    Dave Mason “ Let It Go Let It Flow”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=illeTgLbowg&feature=related
    “Let It Go, Let It Flow”

When I’m alone
I sometimes get to thinkin’
How it’s gonna be
When we’re gone?
Are we movin’ closer together

Or is it gonna take for ever and ever
Let it go (let it go)
Let it flow like a river
Let it go
Let it flow thru you
Let it go
Let it flow live a river
Let it go
Let it flow thru you

Searchin’ everywhere just tryin’ to find the reason
For misunderstanding and doubt
Don’t wanna preach it
Push it or teach it
Just take a good look all around

Let it go (let it go)
Let it go
Let it flow thru you
Let it go
Let it flow live a river
Let it go
Let it flow thru you

Walls are gonna fall and angel’s gonna call on you
To help you on your way
Time spent together like now is forever

So don’t ever let love slip away

Let it go (let it go)
Let it go
Let it flow thru you
Let it go
Let it flow live a river
Let it go
Let it flow thru you

textileRef:20799749866629a49a1d51c:linkStartMarker:”* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gratitude and Joy For Life
Jason Mraz “ Freedom (music by Jason Mraz)”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ubsXJliSU&feature=player_embedded
I picture something, it’s beautiful
It’s full of life, and it is all blue
I’ve seen the sunset on the beach, yeah
It makes me feel calm
When I’m calm, I feel good

And when I feel good, I sing
And the joy it brings makes me feel good
And the joy it brings

Come on along
I know you really wanna feel our song
We’ve got some life to bring
We’ve got some joy in this thing
(x2)

I see birds fly across the sky
And everyone’s heart flies together
Food is frying and people smiling
Like there is no other way to feel good

And the joy it brings makes me feel good
Cos when I feel good, I sing
Of the joy it brings

Come on along
I know you really wanna feel our song
We’ve got some life to bring
We’ve got some joy in this thing
(x2)

It brings me freedom
Got to get you some of that freedom
It’s a freedom

Singing freedom
You deserve your freedom
It’s a smile you can feel in your heart beat

Get you (7x) that freedom

textileRef:20799749866629a49a1d51c:linkStartMarker:”* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Santana “ Everything is Coming Our Way”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq52BiBv6d4&feature=fvwrel

Open your eyes,
Let it begin with me.
Brand new day,
Fresh new way to live,
The mornin’ is callin’
Walk with me into the sun.

Everything is comin’ our way
Everything is comin’ our way.

Here’s my hand
Reaching out to you
Take it, darlin’
And lead me on, yeah.

Ah.

[Organ Solo:]

Ah.

I can feel it in my bones
No man stands alone.
Sister, Brother,
From all the same seed

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post4
╔══╗
║██║
║(O)║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
╚══╝
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

textileRef:725311866629a49a1e3de:linkStartMarker:”* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Originally called the Young Rascals) The Rascals and Ringo Starr on Drums “ People Gotta Be Free”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auB60vLAd8s by the Rascals…& Ringo on the drums]
All the world over, so easy to see
People everywhere just wanna be free
Listen, please listen, that’s the way it should be
Peace in the valley, people got to be free
You should see, what a lovely, lovely world this would be
If everyone learned to live together
It seems to me such an easy, easy thing this would be
Why can’t you and me learn to love one another
All the world over, so easy to see
People everywhere just wanna be free
I can’t understand it, so simple to me
People everywhere just got to be free
Ah, ah, yeah . . . ah, ah, yeah
If there’s a man who is down and needs a helping hand
All it takes is you to understand and to see him through
Seems to me, we got to solve it individually
And I’ll do unto you what you do to me
There’ll be shoutin’ from the mountains on out to sea
(out to the sea)
No two ways about it, people have to be free
(they got to be free)
Ask me my opinion, my opinion will be
(ah-ha)
It’s a natural situation for a man to be free
Oh, what a feelin’s just come over me
Enough to move a mountain, make a blind man see
Everybody’s dancin’, come on, let’s go see
Peace in the valley, now they want to be fre

textileRef:725311866629a49a1e3de:linkStartMarker:”* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once Again Felix and Ringo “ Groovin’”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ts_GeyVcw

“Groovin’” is a single released in 1967 by The Young Rascals that became a number-one hit and one of the group’s signature songs.

Written by group members Felix Cavaliere and Eddie Brigati and with a lead vocal from Cavaliere, it is indeed a slow, relaxed groove, based on Cavaliere’s newfound interest in Afro-Cuban music. Instrumentation included a conga, harmonica, and an effective, Cuban-based bass guitar line from ace session musician Chuck Rainey. The result was fairly different from the Rascals’ white soul origins, enough so that Atlantic Records head Jerry Wexler did not want to release “Groovin’”.

Lyrically, “Groovin’” is themed around a highly romantic portrayal of a couple in love:

Life would be ecstasy, you and me endlessly …
Groovin’ … on a Sunday afternoon
Really couldn’t get away too soon —

The single became an instant hit in May 1967, bounding up the charts and then spending four weeks atop the Billboard pop singles chart. It was RIAA-certified a gold record on June 13, 1967. Showing it (and the group’s) crossover appeal, it also reached number 3 on the Billboard Black Songs chart chart. “Groovin” was soon recorded by the likes of Booker T. & the M.G.‘s (1967), Petula Clark (1967), Aretha Franklin (1968), Gladys Knight & the Pips (1968), and Marvin Gaye (1969). Finally, “Groovin’” was the only real hit the group ever had in the United Kingdom, reaching number 8 on the UK Singles Chart.

“Groovin’” was subsequently included on The Young Rascals’ late July 1967 album Groovin’, but with a different harmonica riff.

“Groovin’” is one of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll, and is also the recipient of a Grammy Hall of Fame Award.

Co-writer Eddie Brigati and his brother David, as the group Brigati, recorded a dance version of “Groovin’” for their 1976 album Lost in the Wilderness after Eddie left the Rascals.

Two decades later, “Groovin’” was recorded by Pato Banton and it became a top 20 hit in the UK for him in 1996.

Santana All of the Love in the Universe
“All The Love of The Universe” is track #1 on the album Caravanserai. It was written by Santana, Carlos / Schon, Neal.

New thoughts will purify my mind
And clean my body
New lives will fall together
Like an endless story

All the love of the universe
Will be shared by all that’s living

And I don’t really care
About tomorrow, today
Is all I really need
To find the answers

I’ll find the constant flow
Of all the harmony, yeah

Everybody needs a helpin’ hand
Baby

Read more: Santana – All The Love Of The Universe Lyrics | MetroLyrics

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music Earth Wind and Fire “ Devotion
“Devotion”

Thru devotion, blessed are the children
Praise the teacher, that brings true love to many
your devotion, opens all life’s treasures
and deliverance, from the fruits of evil.
So our mission, to bring a melody,
ringin’ voices sing sweet harmony

For you here’s a song, to make your day brighter.
One that will last, you long thru troubled days.
Giving your heart the light to brighten.
All of the dark that falls in your way
You need devotion. bless the children
deliverance from the fruits of evil

In everyone’s life, there’s a need to be happy.
Let the sun shine, a smile your way.
Open your heart, feel a touch of devotion.
Maybe this song, will help uplift your day.

Make a better way
You need devotion

textileRef:725311866629a49a1e3de:linkStartMarker:”* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason Mraz “ Life is Good”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DcyBZpTw9Y&feature=related

New single: Up by Jason Mraz, Life Is Good
(From the US. fall tour)

Lyrics

A little like Gene Wilder now coming out of the tower now
In a glass elevator that could take you all the way to the sky
Ain’t trying to fool you now got nothing to lose no how
So be in it with the limitless image of the intimate
thinking what you’re getting is love

All you need is love

Ain’t it nice to get out of here?
Already out of the atmosphere
Well if the glass doesn’t shatter but it wouldn’t really matter
It’s the love that is lifting us up

All you need is love

We’re going up, up, up flying away
We’re taking the higher route taking the ceiling out
We’re going up; we’re flying away
Never coming down; we’re living it up, living it up!

What happens when your light goes out?
No one there to give you mouth to mouth
Don’t let the breakdown jump on your acclaim that a brother be a hero now
Cause I know you know because once you know you’ll always know
It’s your own, your own, your own love that gets you where you want to go

We’re going up, up, up flying away
Never coming down; we’re living it up, we’re living it up!
Yeah, we’re living it up, living it up

You know that it’s good cause only good love when it’s really love
You can just love, love, love anything it’s your destiny

A little like Gene Wilder now coming out of the tower now
In a glass elevator that could take you all the way to the sky

We’re taking the higher route we’re taking the ceiling out
Never coming down; because we’re living it up, living it up!

We’re up flying away
Never coming down; because we’re living it up, living it up
Living it up, living it up

All you need is love

If you wanna be a dancer
Just start dancing
If you wanna fly
Then just take off
If you wanna let go
Then don’t hold on
If you wanna see the world
Then just get lost

You can be the guy with all the money
You can be the one who gives it away
You can be the keeper of the honey
You might get stung along the way

What We Love Is
What We Become
What We Love Is
What We Become

If you wanna think twice
Don’t forget it
If you wanna be nice
Give a compliment
If you wanna be awesome
Pay my rent
If you wanna be the boss
Be the president
If you wanna start rapping
Just start rhyming
If you wanna hit the top
Then just start climbing
If you wanna relax
Then don’t do nothing
Be like Jackson
Starting something

What We Love Is
What We Become
What We Love Is
What We Become

You know your heart
Is in your hands
Wherever the heart is
Where it begins again

If you want love
Let it be
If you want a friend
Count on me
If you want to see the world
In harmony
Then just stand up
And make your peace
If you’re looking for a song to sing along
If you wanna get off
Just turn it on
If you wanna get toasted
Raise your cup
If you want it all
You’re in love

What We Love Is
What We Become
What We Love Is
What We Become

You know your heart
Is in your hands
Wherever the heart is
Where it begins again

You know your heart
Is in your hands
Wherever the heart is
Where it begins again

textileRef:725311866629a49a1e3de:linkStartMarker:“You know your heart
Is in your hands
Wherever the heart is
Where it begins again

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sara Bareilles “ Brave music video -enjoy(:”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4

Play Music
“Brave”

You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love
Or you can start speaking up

Nothing’s gonna hurt you the way that words do
When they settle ‘neath your skin
Kept on the inside and no sunlight
Sometimes a shadow wins
But I wonder what would happen if you

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave
With what you want to say

I just want to see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

Everybody’s been there,
Everybody’s been stared down by the enemy
Fallen for the fear
And done some disappearing,
Bow down to the mighty
Don’t run, just stop holding your tongue

Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is

Say what you wanna say

And since your history of silence
Won’t do you any good,
Did you think it would?
Let your words be anything but empty
Why don’t you tell them the truth?

Say what you wanna say

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I wanna see you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
See you be brave

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you

I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you
I just wanna see you

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jason Mraz I’m Yours
    Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it
    I tried to be chill but your so hot that I melted
    I fell right through the cracks, now I’m tryin to get back
    before the cool done run out I’ll be givin it my best test
    and nothin’s gonna stop me but divine intervention
    I reckon it’s again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won’t hesitate no more,
no more, it cannot wait
I’m yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
open up your plans and damn you’re free
look into your heart and you’ll find love love love love
listen to the music at the moment people dance and sing
Were just one big family
And it’s our godforsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved

So, i won’t hesitate no more,
no more, it cannot wait i’m sure
there’s no need to complicate our time is short
this is our fate
I’m yours

Scooch on over closer, dear
And I will nibble your ear

I’ve been spendin’ way too long checkin’ my tongue in the mirror
and bendin’ over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
and so I drew a new face and I laughed
I guess what I’d be sayin’ is there ain’t no better reason
to rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
it’s what we aim to do
our name is our virtue

But I won’t hesitate no more,
no more it cannot wait
I’m yours

well open up your mind and see like me
listen to the music of the moment come and dance with me
ah, la one big family
it’s your god forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved

open up your mind and see like me
ah, la happy family
it’s our god forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved

it’s our god forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved
ah, la peaceful melodies
it’s you god forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved

Love Songs /Romantic & Friendship

textileRef:725311866629a49a1e3de:linkStartMarker:”* ~
Elton John “ Your Song”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13GD78Bmo8s

textileRef:725311866629a49a1e3de:linkStartMarker:”* ~
Paul McCartney “ Baby I’m Amazed w/lyrics”:textileRef:725311866629a49a1e3de:linkStartMarker:“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84zXffLRKwQ

• ~
    Beatles “ In My Life [with Lyrics]”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQpRgxyyqo
  • ~

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    COVERS
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “wikipedia”:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasmine_Thompson
    Jasmine Thompson (born November 8, 2000) is a singer from Central London
    Jasmine Thompson-Playlist “:http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDBIHrkqBFUL4&v=BIHrkqBFUL4

Stay “:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UZrnLTrds
Ain’t Nobody”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctRiu9ffWyQ
Let Her Go – Passenger”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIHrkqBFUL4
Naughty Boy (La La La)”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsp7NODvtGY

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

╔══╗
║██║
║(O)║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
╚══╝
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █

Music For Montserrat was a concert held on September 15, 1997 at the Royal Albert Hall. Musicians came together to raise funds for the Caribbean island of Montserrat after a major volcanic eruption earlier that year had left the island devastated. The concert starred musicians such as Phil Collins, Ray Cooper, Carl Perkins, Jimmy Buffett, Mark Knopfler, Sting, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Midge Ure, Arrow and many more, all of whom had once recorded at the island’s famous AIR Studios
music will soon be condensed &/or simply revised(:

related thread The (Spiritual) Happy Phenomenon

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

music thread that needs review-with potential…(: I especially like:

change brain wave states
focus concentration
increase attention
improve memory
release tension
enhance imagination
align groups
develop rapport
add an element of fun

• ~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

u2 in concert

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

soul music
LTS

southland of the heart

billy joel

spirit in the sky

moody blues
A mild classic
Paul Simon

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

currently in a country music state of mind
two of the best in country music
Willie Nelson
Merle Haggard
classic tune
one more classic

https://youtu.be/men-059FGL0

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content