login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Nature -Animals

Elephants (hoping all the links still work.... will check them out soon) feel free to post as is
Elephant Artwork Website
Sainamthip was created in 2004 when my wife and I first witnessed an elephant creating a beautiful piece of artwork. We immediately wanted to create awareness regarding deforestation and the loss of natural habitat for these gentle giants. We are helping to raise funds for the camps who continue to care for these gentle giants and provide a home, food and medical care.
Elephant With an Artistic Flairlair

Elephant Painting Poppy Flowers

The Truth About Elephant Painting

articleAnimal Artwork Artistic “talent” seems as diversely distributed among animals as among humans, zoo officials say. Just as some people are more artistically inclined than others, so, too, is the case for chimps, elephants and so on. Some animals are eager participants while others turn up their noses _ or trunks _ at the sight of a brush._ to read entire article

Where to Buy Original Art Painted By Animals

elephants…Shirley & Jenny reunited after 20 Years Not a new story but worth watching again and again! So amazingly touching – the story of Shirley and Jenny, two crippled elephants reunited at The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee after a 22-year separation. The bonding was immediate, intense and unforgettable between the two former circus elephants. But long after the cameras were turned off, the wondrous moments would continue…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Ape Genius
Experts zero in on what separates humans from our closest living relatives. Aired July 6, 2011 on PBS

What Makes Us Human?

HOW BIG IS THE GAP BETWEEN THE APES AND US?…to watch the video-
relatives. Aired July 6, 2011 on PBS “What is it that makes us human? What’s the little difference that makes the big difference?”
Program Description

The more researchers learn about the great apes—chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, and orangutans—the more evidence they find of creative intelligence. What, then, is the essential difference between them and us? “Ape Genius,” a NOVA-National Geographic special, explores that provocative question and examines research that is illuminating the ape mind. Bit by bit, investigators are finding an explanation for why the non-human great apes never made the breakthrough into a human-style culture that builds on the achievements of previous generations.

The Ape That Teaches
MIMICS AND MASTER TEACHERS
NOVA: How does studying apes sharpen our understanding of the human mind?

Rebecca Saxe: What can we learn about human cognition from studying apes? Well, we can learn about what we have in common, we can learn about what’s different, and those two inform each other. The more we have in common in our mental capacities, the more striking it is what we humans accomplish in the real world. And studying the differences gets at this question all of us want to know: What is it, intrinsically, to be human? TO READ MORE

The Gap Between Humans & Apes Not only do we innovate more than the other great apes, we are vastly better at sharing ideas with one another. The majority of recent behavioral studies focus on information-transmission rather than invention. All of the great apes can learn new tricks by imitating a human or another ape. But only humans go one step further and routinely teach each other. Teaching may be the signature skill of our species, and researchers are now zeroing in on three particular mental talents that make it possible. to read more

The Bonobo In All Of Us Bonobos have a “high emotional awareness” of other bonobos and of people, Frans de Waal says—one of many human-like qualities that set the bonobo apart from all other animals, including chimpanzees. Photo credit: © BBC

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Mr G & JellyBean
Watch the incredible transformation of a goat who wouldn’t eat or move from his stall…until he was reunited with his best friend Jellybean.

SAVED FOR RELATED CONTENT & to better organize a growing thread

and I included an Abe-video for those of us who are hearing what we need to hear in these lessons of wisdom
Most profound question

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content