login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Judge not that ye be not judged 

Judge not that ye be not judged 

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

I agree.

“Space consciousness, the final frontier, to boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Being a monk or a saint is not necessarily a goal of mine,that said I would also say,you are likely to get more mileage out of life if you practice
a non-judgemental perspective.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

I’m going to be a little contrarian here. Maybe it has to do with what we mean by “judging”. I would rather say that we shouldn’t judge too harshly, but, judgement has a purpose and if we lived our lives without judgement we would all be in a pickle. Many things require judgement, not only for our own lives, but, for the good of society. Without judgement might makes right regardless of anything else and in that sort of society the biggest caveman is king.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I agree with all these posts.

“Space consciousness, the final frontier, to boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

I too, appreciate and agree with these posts.

And while all circumstances are truly unique, there is a common thread(: within it all… and that is the valuing of just a bit of uncertainty .

Actually it is a topic close to my heart (assumptions, uncertainty, mistakes and growth) and the damage it has the potential of doing…when we don’t recognize we just might not have the awareness or info we think we have… to the extent in which we begin the judging-wheels.

If uncertainty remains part of the element… we can think, we can ask questions…

If we demonstrate how right we are, without leaving just a little room for doubt, we miss opportunities to love others, love situations and yes… feel good and help others in the feel good process too. I left out a big thing …to have a greater understanding without feeling less-than.

While we are only responsible for ourselves… our own feelings… we also have some responsibility for our neighbor.

Source, God… to me is the answer. We do not have to feel bad because of all of the elements we don’t understand. We simply have to remember we are human and we are never going to get it all right. Though there is a Power greater than any human, waiting for us to say I don’t know, but You do, and Together we can get what we need-harmlessly.

When we assume—>>we all make mistakes.

Often mistakes are often treated as someone has broken a moral code. And sometimes, for us… it has… Though sometimes it only has because we only know what we know, and the results we believe… is all we see.

And the more a mistake is treated that way, humans have a tendency of feeling like they Are the mistake… even when their intentions were not malicious.

And as the mistake identity grows out of proportion, the subjects around the mistake grow with it.

So as SRWE states, judgments are part of what we do…
and Maybe it has to do with what we mean by “judging”. Is it a run of the mill heartless, thoughtless size-someone- up judgement, or is it a thought that arrived from an invalid premise, without malicious intent…? Sometimes they are treated the same because of the result.

I Am living a Divine plan

Here, let me give an example of what I mean when I say that judgement has a useful purpose. If you need a baby sitter, you vet the person who you are going to leave your kids with, if you don’t, then you aren’t doing your job as a parent. If you don’t make judgements, you can wind up with a disaster on your hands. Another example, if you have a person in your circle who is violent, then you need to make judgements about whether or not to allow that person to be around.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
I totally got you(: And I love looking at this from so many different places & appreciate everyone’s thoughts…I was trying to show another piece of something I think about…As winded as it was(: I wrote it upon waking and before work… Though, I remember it being meaningful to me. Eventually I’ll reread, when I have the same passion I wrote it with(: I just edited a teensy bit(: Once again, good thread…and it brought me to some good places… Hope I didn’t stray too much for anyone’s intention for the thread…

We should discuss further what we mean by being judgmental. Are we talking about two different things?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hmmm, I think we’re talking about a lot of things… different things are being presented. Though, I guess I was speaking more about faulty judgments …the kind that some easily make… I believe malicious, or carefree finger pointing … is the judgemental focus the thread had.

It made me think how easy that behavior could be misconstrued …and sometimes thoughts are simply thoughts…the way one detaches from their own life to make observations….

And sometimes ideas about others are points of interest…or passing thoughts based on events… which we all do everyday, and… I was sharing about intent, and how valuable that is…

Judging,preconceived notions,contempt prior to investigation or concluding
out of convieniance,various ways to describe judging.
This is useless judging we are striving to be aware of and make progress
towards doing less of.
The other form of judging,is discernment,much different then judging
although is a form of judging.
For example if I was buying a used car from someone and they assured me
that it was in perfect condition.
It would be appropriate to get a mechanics opinion,rather than say “geezs
I’m practicing this non- judgemental stuff,so I don’t want to doubt
this person because that would be judging”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content