login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★SADNESS

I am very sad because my best friend is dying. It hurts me so much I can hardly get any rest. I know death is a part of life but I truly miss the people once their gone. How do you keep as sane as can be. I know I have to pass through this but it hurts so much every time. Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you all in advance.

Dear sweet Godschild ,first of all I want to send you a great big hug .

When someone close to us is dying it hurts so much because we don’t want to lose them.

You never lose the friendship you shared, the love and affection ,the laughs, the tears ,the hugs – they will still live on in your heart as beautiful memories .

It is only the physical body that dies ,your friends spirit will always be around .

Spend what time you can with your friend ,cherish being able to say the words you want to and take extra loving care of yourself .

Allow your tears to fall and let your son help you through it

Thinking of you all and sending ,love ,peace and comfort

My heart goes out to you, Godschild. The anguish is a part of it we just have to go through. There is no way around it – and even if there were, you wouldn’t want to go around it. If we didn’t love, we wouldn’t feel – and those hurts we endure in times like this make us both softer and stronger. They give us better understanding and compassion for others. Once you get through the hardest part you will look back at this time with better understanding and appreciation for what you have learned and you will have a deeper love and reverence for all things. It is a gift from your friend. It is a gift you will give to another some day. Remember that your friend isn’t gone – he’s just not here anymore and one day you’ll see him again. The pain you feel now will pale in comparison to the joy you will feel on the other side when you see your loved ones again. All the wealth in the world is nothing more than dust by comparison.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to mara’s post:
In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
In response to flowergirl’s post:

mara, smart_routines, and FG thank you all for such words of wisdom I am preparing myself and will sing in his name. He too is a singer we did have fun times and some squabbles too but we always remained friends. Thank you all so much for your loving words. All of you stay happy and healthy.

Love,
Godschild

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content