login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Creative Age (Acceptance & Creativity)

thread created in 2013… to be revised in 2016/feel free to visit as is

post 1

• ►• This thread is geared to subtle transition… a decision to see where this time in life is calling you

♥Be kind to yourself by — Ralph Marston Be kind to yourself. The better you feel, the more value you can create for your world. Learn from your mistakes, but don’t hound yourself relentlessly with them. Build for the future, but don’t withhold from yourself the joys that you can live right now. Delight in life’s pleasures without sinking into meaningless excess. Enjoy the beauty that surrounds you as it resonates with the beauty that is within you. Find genuine satisfaction in productive, meaningful effort. Give the best that you have, and discover the real, lasting treasures you receive from doing so. Provide yourself with the energy, commitment and determination to do much. And regularly give yourself some peaceful, relaxing time to do nothing.Treat yourself with kindness, courtesy, respect and the highest of expectations. For life is as good as you choose to make it.
thread is being revised in 2014 (:

• If we want to make relatively minor changes in our lives, we can perhaps appropriately focus on our attitudes and behaviors. But if we want to make significant, quantum change, we need to work on our basic paradigms Stephen Covey
  • Without releasing the fruits of one season, you cannot blossom into the next. William Bridges
  • The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can change his life by changing his attitude of mind William James
  • I do believe it is possible to create, even without ever writing a word, or painting a picture, by simply molding one’s inner life Etta Hillesum

an article on approaching the final years
“We have models for being in the world up to September. We are taught how to behave in school, how to find a partner, how to get into business, and how to harvest money and position. But there aren’t any models about what to do after retirement”

“Like many in my generation, I’ve had opportunities to explore spirituality that my parents didn’t. Now, as they face their December years, we don’t share the same spiritual values.

Look at what they had to go through. They grew up during the Depression. The main motivation was to make sure there will be security for the family, for oneself. They had to worry about the concrete stuff.

And then you come and say, “What do you think is going to happen to your soul after you drop your body?” And they look at you like, “What kind of nonsense! What are you talking about?”

They also had to worry about social acceptance. You know: “People should think well of us.” We all invest a lot of consciousness and energy into self-presentation. If you do the work of October and November, you learn to let go of the old persona: “That is who I was before. I’m no longer that now. I’m something else.” If you haven’t done this work, anytime your self-image is threatened, you get very anxious.
an article on approaching the final years
References for Human Potential & Creativity:
The Center on Aging, Health & Humanities Creative Age: Awakening Human Potential in the Second Half of Life, The. New York, NY: Avon Books, 2000. Offers examples of older people who found new careers, unexpected talents, and success, and disccuses ways to discover one’s own untapped potential for a more satisfying middle and older adult age www.worldcat.org/oclc/42863229

Cohen, Gene D. The Creative Age: Awakening Human Potential In the Second Half of Life, New York: HarperCollins, 2000

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post 2

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 3
__

• _______________________

☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼

☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼
Definitions of Wisdom coming soon……
☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼

☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼~☼

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

lightworkers in limbo

will come back to discuss

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content