login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Hungry for change

hungry for change

I have signed up to this as I want to get the sugar/processed foods out of my diet and get myself healthy .

For years I have used food as a comfort and it is time to break that habit.

I am starting daily walks ( colitis allowing) and am seeing gp on friday for bp/blood /cholesterol tests and

time to care for my temple

any one else interested

love flowergirl

most libraries have dvd,s on yoga and afew on tai chi,these are my favorite forms of exercise,alhough I don,t do much tai chi,i don,t do tai chi cause i lack motivation,gentle yoga i must do everyday for my back and “osteoarthritus“a side benifit to these eastern exercises,is that it tends to make you feel more centered with the “universe”
The benifits of yoga are best acheived through very gradual mild stretching or postures.Pulling or straining a mucsle while doing yoga,is a big no no.The objective of yoga is not to achieve any advanced posture,any pain is a sign of overdoing it,and there is no benifit to doing yoga that causes any sort of pain,key word is gentleness.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

gentle yoga sounds perfect and something I want to start doing again .

For years while living in the grip of an eating disorder my daughters food was choosen for the lowest calories and food that was packaged and weights given to each amount – buying tiny individual packs of raisens because it tells you how many calories are in each little box – to buy a bag and divide them up herself was too scary as she wouldn’t know the exact calories .

Since she decided she has had enough of living like this and made changes it is like seeing a new person emerging .This has been and still is some days a monumental challenge

My daughter now eats everything fresh,homemade and unprocessed and has gone back to being vegan ( she was vegetarian).

Within weeks she is smiling ,her hair is shiny ,her eyes look alive .She is starting an online degree ,has read 4 chapters of a book this week ( a paragraph was too much for her starved brain to take in )

All this is because of what she is eating .Hers is an extreme case and I’m only adding it here because it is relevant to how much food affects us .

She still has a long way to go with her thoughts/anxiety etc but seeing the change in her is so inspirational .I look at her shopping basket full of fresh colourful fruit and vegetables,oats for porrige ,beans and veg to make soups and then I look at mine some days – pizza,cookies ,chips,cheese – she is healing her body – I am hurting mine .

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Wonderful to hear of your daughters progress(: And everyday from your desire, awareness, & activities…I see yours. You have been there for your daughter. And now what you’ve given her…she is giving back and inspiring you. Here is to the both of you….one moment at a time…& may we all learn our best for ourselves and for those who cross our path. We inspire one another. Thank you for sharing pieces of your journey on this site. Love, selfcare

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

With respect to food,it,s rather obvious that we (human beings)were not originally intended to be carnivorous,our teeth are designed for chewing plants,grains,ect.as humans are related closer to monkeys,gorillas and such,than any other animal and they have the same teeth basically as humans,herbivours or plant eaters,if Mara were to smile you would know what I,m saying.(:

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content