login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★A Group of Quotes That Tell a Story

thread from 2012, would like to see it become current want to join in?

• ~
    this is how the thread read in 2012

I do love quotes. One thing I like to do with quotes is to create a story of current beliefs and use it to remind me of my why’s what’s I want to reinforce.

Let me give you an example…

• 1“The spiritual path – is simply the journey of living our lives. Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don’t know it” Marianne Williamson
  • 2BEING “The highest level of creativity consists in being, not doing. When the being is intense enough, when the words are spoken enough, when the thoughts are thought enough, the doing will automatically follow.” Marianne Williamson
  • 3“ …look at your current life and ask yourself, “What are all the things in my life that are inconsistent with the lifestyle that would make me happy?” In other words, look at the causes of the effects that you don’t like. Then make a decision to begin alleviating or removing those causes, one by one, until what you have left is the kind of life you want to live” Brian Tracy
  • 4“Enthusiasm is the energy and force that builds literal momentum of the human soul and mind”Bryant H. McGill
  • 5►• “You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, but not for what you think. The truth is that you are responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level that you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what you thinkMarianne Williamson
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Our minds fill in context…of what we are focused on. For me, in the first quote reminds that we are all on our own journey… …and the focus for my growth is on myself… And the other quotes point to my responsibility for myself.

or this grouping…
►• You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile. Brian Tracy
►• A major stimulant to creative thinking is focused questions. There is something about a well-worded question that often penetrates to the heart of the matter and triggers new ideas and insights. Brian Tracy
► “The spiritual path – is simply the journey of living our lives. Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don’t know it” Marianne Williamson

• If you decide to join me here on this thread…what quotes have you grouped together & if you choose what’s the story?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

this quote has stuck in my heart since reading it yesterday

“ what if you woke up today with only the things you said thank you for yesterday”

and this one made me laugh
“when my friends told me I’m delusional I just about fell off my unicorn

In response to flowergirl’s post:
LOL too funny! Thanks for that! I will definitely pass it on(:

I love the combo of quotes you chose fg(: Sounds like …keep being grateful..and when you added quote #2…It sounded like gratitude for your own way of thinking and being…and gratitude for laughter(: But they are your quotes…only the flowergirl knows for sure(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

have you got a unicorn as well Selfcare ?

And yeah…I park my unicorn in its own lot(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfcareEnthusiast’s post:
I posted these two quotes and at the time didn’t realise the link ,but you are so right Selfcare The first one struck me of how much I forget to be grateful for and the second one is a growing awareness that I’m grateful for being the person I am .
love flowergirl

“Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you ~
all of the expectations, all of the beliefs ~ and becoming who you are.”

~~~~~~~ Rachel Naomi Remen

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
― Rumi

“Consider the holiness of your hands. They are how you do your work on this earth; they are a microcosm of the hands of the Goddess, and can change the world as easily as hers can.”
― Dianne Sylvan, The Body Sacred

“This withdrawal from the day’s turmoil into creative silence is not a luxury, a fad, or a futility. It is a necessity, because it tries to provide the conditions wherein we are able to yield ourselves to intuitive leadings, promptings, warnings, teachings, and counsels and also to the inspiring peace of the soul. It dissolves mental tensions and heals negative emotions.”
― Paul Brunton, The Notebooks of Paul Brunton

“The greatest teacher in healing is nature itself. To be out in the nature is like being surrounded and embraced by love. Trees are also very beautiful people, who have their own innate wisdom and who are already in oneness with Existence. And the sky whispers its silent message that, beyond everything, there is only one sky. A female meditator describes it like there is a basic meditative quality in nature. She says: “There is nothing in nature that questions each others existence like people do. Everything is allowed to exist and everything is allowed to be exactly as it is – and seasons come and go. It is not strange that people love to be out in nature and experiences that they come in harmony with themselves, because, in nature, there is nothing that tries to change them. There is a quality in the air, which can be called a meditative quality”.”
― Swami Dhyan Giten, Presence – Working from Within. The Psychology of Being

“Healing is to be in the light of our own consciousness. Healing is an inner light, which exist as a natural radiance around a person. This inner light is in itself a healing force beyond words. This inner light disperses darkness, like when you lit a candle in a dark room and the darkness disappears by itself. This inner light exudes a subtle influence through its mere presence. The more the light in our own consciousness is lit, the more it creates a subtle effect in the world.”

“Meditation is the way to develop our natural healing abilities. Healing comes originally from our inner being, from the inner source of silence and wholeness. In the silence, we can let go of all our problems, frustrations, fears, anger and sorrow. Healing happens when we bring everything that we find inside ourselves out into the light. Healing is to embrace and accept everything that we find inside ourselves without judgment or evaluation. Healing happens when we discover an unconditional love and acceptance for ourselves as we are with both our light and dark sides.”

“Healing yourself is connected with healing others.” – Yoko Ono

When a person is in need of healing it is merely a moment where they have lost their way So take their hand gently in yours and guide them back to the path of their soul Awaken them to the beauty of their life For once they have found their way home They will at that moment discover their life

Ian Paul Marshall
Healing…true healing…is a change of heart. It is a choice of new directions. It is a gathering point as you call back your fragmented self to its true home and abode. It is a time of honesty. A moment of vulnerability. A point of truth. And in that moment you realize that there is tremendous power in your hands and you pray that it may not be too late to change the tides of your fate. For truly you realize that life, your life, is sacred and a holy miracle.

Ian Paul Marshall

What is the role of the healer?

The healer remembers their connection to source. The healer knows that the infinite source of life flows through them and in that perfect moment all they can do is share it. They remember the love of life and they are that love. Moved by that feeling they are driven to reach out their hands and pass it on to others. For love never rests, it’s always moving. Continually flowing. The healer stands in that flowing stream of life and beckons you to join him. You become infected by their joy. You see their playfulness and it reminds you of the laughter that longs to shake you free from the fears that grip your heart. And their presence in life helps you to remember that you are not alone, that all is well, that the world is full of magic and wonder, and that you are truly loved.

Ian Paul Marshall

to be continued

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content