login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★List of human qualities to help you find your purpose in life

There are exercises we can do to help us find our individual true purpose in life. The exercises I’ve seen require that you do some work identifying your qualities. I haven’t been able to find a really good list on the net so I am trying to create one here. If you think of more qualities please add them to this thread and I will encorporate them into the master list in this post. The idea is to find words that resonate with YOU! I think this is profoundly important, and yet as I write this I haven’t yet done the exercise. I think I am a little afraid, I think my comfort zone doesn’t like the idea of being rattled. Knowing your purpose can take away your excuse for inaction by removing the comfort zone’s weapon of second guessing. Second guessing myself has held me back for so long. It has kept me from committing to a path for fear of making a mistake or going down the wrong path. “If I take this path, what wonderful things am I gonna’ be missing out on on the other path?” It’s important to remember that you can have anything you want, but it is just as important to know that you can’t have EVERYTHING you want! We only have so much time on this planet. Identifying your purpose and what you want should allow us to eliminate many distractions that keep us from getting what we want. Knowing what your life purpose is makes it much easier to identify what you REALLY want; what your true self wants. Wants can and do change over time, but your purpose doesn’t. Evaluate your life, look over it, what have you always done? What is it you are best at? What do you like doing? When we examine our lives we get clues that will help us find our purpose.

This link takes you to another thread with an exercise that can help you find your purpose.:

List of words to get your mind going. ———————————————————————————————————

Able, Accepting, Accurate, Achieving, Adaptable, Adorable, Adventurous, Affectionate, Alert, Alive, Altruistic, Amazing, Ambitious, Analytical, Appreciative, Appealing, Artistic, Assertive, Astonishing, Attentive, Attractive, Aware, Awesome, Balanced, Beautiful, Blissful, Blooming, Bountiful, Brave, Breath-Taking, Bright, Calm, Capable, Careful, Carefree, Caring, Cautious, Centered, Certain, Charitable, Charming, Cheeky, Cheerful, Chirpy, Civic-Minded, Clean, Colorful, Competetive, Clear-Thinking, Communicative, Compassionate, Compatible, Competitive, Complete, Confident, Conscientious, Considerate, Consistent, Content, Co-operative, Courageous, Conscientious, Courteous, Creative, Cuddly, Curios, Cute, Decisive, Delicate, Delicious, Delightful, Dependable, Desirable, Determined, Devoted, Disciplined, Discrete, Discriminating, Dynamic, Easy-Going, Eager, Efficient, Elegant, Empathetic, Enduring, Energetic, Enlightened, Enthusiastic, Excellent, Exciting, Experienced, Fair-Minded, Faithful, Farsighted, Feeling, Flexibile, Flourishing, Focused, Forgiving, Fortuitous, Free, Fresh, Friendly, Frugal, Funny, Generous, Gentle, Good, Glorious, Graceful, Gratuitous, Great, Groovy, Handsome, Happy, Harmonious, Healthy, Heavenly, Helpful, Hopeful, Humble, Humorous, Honest, Humble, Idealistic, Imaginative, Having Integrity, Independant, Industrious, Innovative, Insightful, Inspirational, Interesting, Intelligent, Intense, Intuitive, Inventive, Invigorating, Joyful, Juicy, Just, Kind, Leading or Leader, Learned, Loving, Loyal, Lucky, Luscious, Luxurious, Macho, Magical, Manly, Magnificent, Masculine, Mature, Moral, Motivating, Natural, Neat, Needed, Noticeable, Nurturing, Obedient, Objective, Open, Optimistic, Original, Organized, Outgoing, Outstanding, Passionate, Patient, Peaceful, Perceptive, Persevering, Persistant, Persuasive, Playful, Poetic, Polite, Popular, Powerful, Practical, Precious, Precise, Profound, Progressive, Proud, Professional, Punctual, Pure, Purposeful, Questioning, Quick-witted, Ravishing, Realistic, Refreshing, Reliable, Resiliant, Resourceful, Respectful, Responsible, Rich, Romantic, Rosy, Seductive, Selfless, Self-Aware, Self-Confident, Self-Disciplined, Sensitive, Serene, Sexy, Sharp, Simple, Sincere, Sizzling, Skilled, Smart, Smooth, Soft, Special, Spectacular, Spiritual, Splendid, Spontaneous, Stable, Steadfast, Strategic, Stunning, Strong, Strongwilled, Stylish, Successful, Supportive, Supreme, Sympathetic, Tactful, Talented, Tasty, Tenacious, Tender, Terrific, Thinking, Thorough, Thoughtful, Thrifty, Thriving, Tolerant, Tough, Trusting, Trustworthy, Unassuming, Understanding, Unwavering, Uplifting, Useful, Valuable, Verbal, Vibrant, Vital, Warm, Wholesome, Willing, Wise, Worthy, Youthful, Yummy

If any of you come across a really good list please post the link in this thread and I will add them to this masterlist.

Thanks
Jeff

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I will look around for my lists, but for right now here are some:
ambitious, altruistic, attentive, bright, conscientious, consistent, dynamic, determined, enthusiastic, energetic, experienced, faithful, generous, organized, passionate, professional, reliable, resourceful, respectful, quick-witted, sincere, skilled, understanding

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I will go back and edit the first post to include these, and keep doing it as people add more. That way we will have an easy to find comprehensive list in one place. Thank you for your help.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I do like what you are doing, Im not sure on what exercise you are doing, maybe similiar to what I did for myself when I first started with affirmations, I got my dictionary and theraurus and grabbed every word that was positive from A to Z. I stated each word as I am…. over time I added more affirmations with more depth to them.

Here is a list of some mine to add to your list….

cute, handsome, sexy, strongwilled, pleasurable, carefree, smart, loyal, supportive, desirable, exciting, beautiful, happy, soft, friendly, courteous, gentle, adorable, special, funny, talented, arty, trustworthly, rich, astonishing, noticeable, delightful, spectacular, heathly, wholesome, complete, worthy, able, stunning, intelligent, sharp, joyful, cheeky, breath-taking, splendid, excellent, great, interesting, acceptable, masculine, charming, elegant, enlightenment, pure, charitable, stable, devoted, alive, efficient, manly, amazing, blissful, bountiful,calm, mana, appealing, capable, appreciative, romantic, aware, balanced, blooming, centered, chirpy, colourful, delicious, yummy, delightful, successful, fresh, intuitive, courage, decisive, tasty, invigorating, glorious, groovy, humble, inspiring, cuddly, natural, useful, warmth,, vibrant, essence, delicate, youthful, attractive, heavenly, macho, ideal, lucky, juicy, magic, uplifting, simplicity, refreshing, luxurious, outrageous, precious, pride, rosy, seductive, sizzling, smooth, supreme, thriving, unique, alert, brave, luscious, magnifing, outstanding, popular, ravishing, skilful, stylish, terrific, ultimate, valuable, high achiever

whew ….

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks PE, this is exactly the kind of stuff I’m looking for. I think as the list grows it will prove to be a very useful tool for people.
Thanks again so much.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

No worries, it was my pleasure to help, I think your idea is awesome!

I have a couple of more words that came to mind …

imaginative, punctual, flourishing

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

able, accurate, achievement-oriented, adaptable, adventurous, amazing, awesome, analytical, cautious, communicative, compassionate, compatible, competitive, conscientious, considerate, co-operative, discrete, easygoing, efficient, fair-minded, farsighted, imaginative, industrious, innovative, insightful, inventive, motivated, open to ideas, open-minded, original, outgoing,profoundly, persevering, persuasive, practical, precise, progressive, special, self-confident, sympathetic, tactful, tenacious, thorough, thoughtful, trustworthy, unassuming, unwavering, willing

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

O M Goodness! I know who I’m going to ask when I need a thesaurus!! The three of you are awesome!! Sheesh!!

Jeff, please remember, you are always EXACTLY where you need to be. Maybe your lack of action is perfect for your path at the moment.

Besides, your life is totally cruising now. I know it is a matter of time before you are shooting to the stars!! (as a rising star)

Best to you!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I’ve followed the link on “Purpose,” and intend to try this exercise before day’s end. If you have taken the exercise, I’d love to know your “Purpose.” Thanks for sharing the link!!!

Wow! What a list of positive words here! Thanks Madcookieman for creating this thread. The contributions are spectacular! Let’s change all those super adjectives into adverbs and action verbs!

I am LOVING this thread.
I am CURIOUS about your purpose.
I am PATIENTly awaiting your response.
I am EAGERly awaiting your response.
I am MOVEd by the minds on BeMindful.
I am THANKful for to all the WONDERful contribitors!

I’ve seen all but one of my words posted above already. I’ll see what I can find too.

Blessings, C.

belief thought power people smile

I have some more:

Garrulous, Insurmountable, Insuperable, Invincible, Irresistible, Modish,
Wacky, Burly, Flamboyant, Clown, Biddable, mesmerizer, assiduous, upbeat,
jaunty, fervent, natty, nimble, pundit, plucky, imposive, dapper, dauntless,
intrepid, incredible, jocund, jovial, jocose, jocular, sturdy,amenable,
audacious, halcyon, outspoken, ingenuous, ingenious, pally, eloquent, incisive, ebullient, bruiser, melifluous

Thank you,
Vinesh Parekh.

In response to smartroutineswithenthusiasm’s post:
I have some too:

Creative, telepathic, fun, grateful, inventive, psychic, charismatic, free, honorable, impressive, superior, majestic, distinguished.

I need to update the top post!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post

great thread!

here's one:politeness

humanity-quotes-politeness-is-the-flower-of-humanity-joseph-joubert-wisdom-quotes.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content