login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Which affirmations work for you, and which do not?

I have tried and failed to keep an affirmation practice, and recently have found that simply repeating and believing them does not work for me. I forget to repeat them, get bored and tired, skip days and forget to do them. I recently realized that actually writing and rewriting them by hand, actually forces me to think about what I am writing and focus on the affirmation itself. This technique has helped me to actually believe them as well.

I am noticing however, that certain affirmations become reality more easily than others. For example, affirmations to improve my confidence, posture, levelheadedness, composure and mental balance have worked very quickly for me. But affirmations dealing with action, such as applying for more jobs, earning more money, doing more work, have not. I am wondering now if affirmations are effective for some aspects of one’s life but not others. My experience has shown that they are effective in changing my attitude, inner feelings and mood, but not areas of my life where actual action is needed.

I am wondering if any of you have observed a greater success with particular type of affirmation. As I am relatively new to this practice, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to waste time thinking that I can change more pressing issues in my life with affirmations if they don’t work.

I have noticed much the same thing. I believe the practical way to use affirmations is to apply them to one’s outlook. Action honestly does commitment. I think setting goals and then using affirmations such as “I am equal to this task. I am capable and have good qualities that employers will recognize.” would be a good way to enhance those goals. But saying, “I will apply for 15 jobs this week” might not be as useful as you want it to be. Set the goal of applying to 10, 15, or 20 jobs, and commit to it, but don’t expect affirmations to immediately make you go out and do that. Perhaps the affirmation, “I feel the desire to take action building inside me” or “I am setting goals and taking practical steps to meet them” will encourage your will. I think I may try that myself. Good luck. :)

I wanted to share this with all of you. I am currently reading “Seth Speaks” and stumbled upon this idea : “The Alpha Level (meditative state) is useful in manipulating the physical organism.”

This confirms my finding that affirmations work for me only when they refer to physical/psychological/emotional states of my mind and body. As I mentioned earlier, I have not seen that affirmations work in regard to my job, career, income, home or any external areas f my life.

To make changes to those external areas of our lives, we must make changes from the dream state, a deeper level. Any thoughts? Does anyone disagree?

• article on Mind motivation & states of consciousness
  • In response to Godiva’s post: yes (: I absolutely agree about the alpha state(: That is why various techniques work best before you fully wake in the morning. One of my favorites which I talk about lots on the site is entitled Blue Mirror. I’ve used others when I was learning various creative imaging and self hypnosis methods. Here is blue mirror thread and will discuss some other methods that work for me soon…regarding alpha-state.
  • I’m sure others have techniques they like too. Hope to see more sharing on this topic too(: Thank you for thread(:
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FOLLOWING VIDEO WAS REMOVED…WILL LOCATE ANOTHER ONE(: THREAD FROM 2012-HOPE TO SEE IT REVISITED(:
  • ** Louise Hay…complete CD I CAN DO IT - “As Louise discusses topics such as health, forgiveness, prosperity, creativity, relationships, job success, and self-esteem, you’ll see that affirmations are solutions that will replace whatever problem you might have in a particular area”
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you both, you’ve been very helpful.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content