login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★WHERE DOES THOUGHT ORIGINATE FROM

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

THAT is a FANTASTIC question!!! I’m going to have to think on that one a bit. I’ve never thought of it before, but I believe you could use that very question to argue the existence of “God”. A divine intelligence. I have wondered before if a ‘thought’ is a physical thing. Maybe we just can’t measure it. We can measure electrical or chemical activity, but we can’t measure thought. Maybe we can, we just don’t know how yet. Can we measure light? I don’t know, I’d have to look it up. I know that light gets trapped by black holes, so it would seem that light, which is a wave/energy has mass. I have often wonders if the same were true for thoughts. I’ve heard before that “thoughts are things”. I don’ know if that phrase was meant to be figurative or not, but I have considered it before – whether a thought was an actual physical thing. Also, if it is a physical thing or wave it seems like it would have to be an endless string, like a movie reel or something like that. Maybe like an unending symphony. Does a ray of light ever die out? I guess it diffuses. That is something worth thinking about too. Maybe all thoughts originate from God, but they are sort of filtered through us into the “physical” plane or something like that. Am I making sense? Maybe we have some free will to take the thoughts and direct it. Maybe all thoughts originate in some sort of pure positive energy and any negativity or “wrong” or “evil” is some sort of inherent misunderstanding that can arise in this physical world. Maybe God, which is us too, we are a part of God, maybe God is experiencing the physical through us. Many functions of the body work without us being conscious of them, most, in fact. These functions could be directed by God thoughts that aren’t, or are far less affected by the conscious mind which by its nature “direct” or “misdirect” the thoughts that the Divine has given us. He gives us perfect thoughts, but we mess em up. Those are just some thoughts. I’d like to hear some other ideas as well.

I think we can measure light. I know we can measure the energy put out from the sun and that is light. Is it heat or light we are measuring when we do that? Is that the same thing? Someone help me out on that. Man, I need to get some sleep. If you heat up a rock with light and then put it in a room with no light then there is energy there, but no light. Maybe light has energy, but light is more than just energy. I don’t know. Does my question even make sense?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

GEEZ THIS POST IS MEANT TO BE HUMOUROUS TO BALANCE ALL THAT MICRO SCOPICANALYSIS.APPARENTLY YOU,VE NEVER HEARD THE SAYING KEEP IT SIMPLE.”

Here are some thoughts I’m having. Bear with me. Chaos vs. Order. Is there order or is it just chaos that we somehow order. You know, we see order when there isn’t. Well, I don’t buy that. There is order. We can see it and we can recognize it, and that we can recognize it is an argument that I have put forward before as plausible evidence of the existence of a higher power. To me that one single creature is aware is evidence of a higher power at work. I don’t think anyone would deny there there is an order to physics. It is not chaos. If there is order to physics, it stands to reason there is order in the universe and not chaos. We can recognize patterns in physics and the world around us, in math. In a nautilus, for example, not just as an idea. We not only recognize patterns, but we create patterns. Art and music often have created patterns. We recognize the patterns. A symphony makes sense. What drives us to create art, or codes or anything like that? It’s not just in humans. Animals communicate, they have their own speech. Many of us believe in a collective consciousness. We can, I believe, see a collective consciousness in ant colonies, bees, and larks and I’m sure other species as well. Fish maybe. Even the cells in our bodies are directed by something to carry out processes. Is all of that just dna? Do individual cells have thoughts too? We know that there is such a thing as cell memory, though I can’t remember much about that. If a cell has memory, and it does, then two separate, living, thinking things came together to make a new thinking thing. (You know what I mean, I believe everything is one anyway, it’s what I believe I believe anyway) Animals with more complex brains, I THINK, like dolphins and whales even have dialects. They can even teach each other things. These things, to me, point to a possible and even plausible higher consciousness at work that appears to be working throughout the physical world, both in living and “non-living” things. I said all that to make this point. Thinking is happening. We are aware of some of it. We can see it. Thinking is happening in things other than humans. We can see SOME of it. It is reasonable to say there is thinking going on that is beyond human and beyond consciousness. How did thinking start? Did the life that is on the earth arise on the earth? If it arose on earth, then we don’t even have the problem of who or what started the universe to deal with. We would only have to deal with when it started on the earth. That removes a philosophical problem. If live was deposited here, then the problem of who/what started the universe comes back into play. Anyway, I believe that there is at least some order in the universe, and some order is all we need to say that order exists. Why does order exist? Order isn’t logical if there is no power at work is it? I don’t know. Seems to me that that last bit makes sense. I think it is very probable that there is life out there, not just on earth. Life out there is diverse and some of it is similar to what we see here on earth and some is probably far different than what we see here. Thinking is probably going on out there too. Another random thought has to do with precognition. There is real research that suggests that precognition exists. It’s been shown statistically that it is real, at least statistically. That suggests to me that there is something “other” than just thinking inside our own heads in play here. If thinking arises souly from within our own bodies, then how can there be precognition. I’m having a hard time putting what I’m getting at there into words. Maybe someone can help me on that thought. If they are going to flash patterns on a computer screen, even a simple one like a circle or a square, or a complex one like a potential mate, then how can we preconceive a pattern of something that is going to come into being before it has come into being. See what I mean? Does that make sense. A pattern doesn’t happen randomly. It has to be created. It has to be created by some sort of thinking. We are seeing a thought before the thought was created. Does that make sense to anyone? I am rather sleepy, lol. There is thinking going on that is not human, some may be more ordered or complex in the human mind than what is going on in the conscious mind of a dog or an amoeba, but there are thinking processes going on in a dog and an amoeba that are every bit as complex and ordered as a humans as well. Automatic physiological process, chemical processes that are directed by something. If precognition exists then all sorts of possibilities become real with regard to thinking. So, if I can see a pattern, and I can create a pattern, and not only humans can create a pattern or see a pattern, the question is can I create a SPONTANEOUS pattern. I feel like I can. I even think I can. Maybe, though, that spontaneous pattern isn’t spontaneous, maybe it arises from something other than me. If precognition is real, than it is possible. Now, what about free will? Can I choose what I think? Is there a plan going on that I can’t change. If that is true, then I have no choice in what I think, it is predetermined. If that is true, then everything you do or did or ever will do is on a predetermined course. If you shoot an arrow, then it can’t change course mid-flight without something acting on it. It’s course is predetermined and so it everything else, including the life you are going to lead. If we, you and I, however, can think with some sort of free will, then we at least have some power over the course of our lives and the decisions we make. Thus, we, ourselves have some involvement in thinking itself. So, what if there is a consciousness at work that experiences the world through us in some way, but that consciousness gives us the ingredients to cook, but we decide what to cook with those ingredients. Maybe there is something to that. Anyway, those are some thoughts. Maybe I sound nuts. I don’t think I sound completely nuts, but who knows. If I am, then I just spilled my nuts guts all over the internet!

Order isn’t logical if there is no power at work is it? When I re-read what I wrote up there, that jumped out at me. I need to think about that a bit. Sorry for all the typos and bad grammar.

I don’t know if that is true. Let’s see if I can make any sense. If there were no consciousnes, would everything be ordered, or would everything be chaos, or could you have a combination of the two without consciousness? Are all three equally possible? Why would there be order without consciousness? How could consciousness even exist without order? To my mind it couldn’t. Without order there could be no consciousness. Order is a concomitant of consciousness. Of that, I’m pretty dang sure. How could something without order recognize order. If all were chaos, then nothing within chaos would be ordered, so chaos cannot contain non-chaos. I recognize order, so I know that order exists. Consciousness could not NOT exist without order. That means that ALL chaos cannot be. All chaos is not an option. It has to be either all ordered, or a combination of order and chaos. At least I think I’ve eliminated one of the questions there.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

p.s.
I apologize for how badly that is written. I wasn’t going for correct grammer and stuff! Just wanted to get it out.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Also, I think there have been ideas that are very similar that have arisen in different parts of the world by different people at the same time. This might suggest a collective consciousness thinking. It’s all connected, baby!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

GEEZ THIS POST IS MEANT TO BE HUMOUROUS TO BALANCE ALL THAT MICRO SCOPIC ANALYSIS.APPARENTLY YOU,VE NEVER HEARD THE SAYING KEEP IT SIMPLE.”

You are AWESOME!!! You make me laugh at myself!!!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The reason we exist is so the wonder of all that God is has expression. We are not in the equation. We are the recipients. We have everything. All we need to do is to stay focused on that, not meet any man made requirement.
There are two sides to the equation with God. You are not in it at all. One side is the absolute faithfulness of God—look at the seasons that never change, look at the tide and the moon and the sun, never changing. the consistency of seed time and harvest—unchangeable, absolute.
The other side of the equation is God’s intention for creation to reveal the fullness of his very own self. Our job is not to please God, but to let that Spirit flow through us so all he sees is his own Glory. Just turn to Him and breathe it in.

Michelle L Odonelle

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

hmmmmmm...good ?

Many things could be said about (thoughts)

however I will do the "keep it simple thing and respond with this one thought

and suppress the rest for now.

I adhere to the idea that thoughts are transient or come and go like clouds.

Paradoxically or "on the other hand" I tend to "file"thoughts in my memory that I consider 

significant or not so transient.

Quotes are very usefull thoughts to muze over as they are 

travelling the the sky of mind like clouds,some more usefull than others.

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post:

all I know.. I am just waking, and I had fun reading your post MCM/SRWE/...(:

I want to try again when I have been awake, had breakfast.

I've ALWAYS loved your tangents... I love the ride my mind goes on ...hearing my thoughts, separating from mine to attempt to hear yours... or the other reality... the thoughts that ... tap into elsewhere (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

http://noblequotes.com/

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

0951d2cca82962fbbb8cabfcfb2388d4.jpg

yadayadayada

I've conclude that somehow thoughts enter from outside the body.

And if spoken appear to come from inside. However your body mind receives ideas like a cell phone receives a call or text through the atmosphere. However it's helpful to hone a quiet intuition.

This talk speaks to + or - thoughts  https://youtu.be/gy8OObd6mYk

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Just noticed this thread and pondered for about 30 seconds, this thought came to me, I was likely the frequency that was able to receive the thought, which is.

Oh I forgot it now, lol

Thoughts are like metal or iron filings my brain or mind was like a magnet that the thoughts were drawn to from where? Is not so clear, though I was the receiver of the thought like the universe use my mind to send me the metqphor ( magnetic pull  and I being on the frequency to receive and write the metaphor or thought) not ground breaking stuff, it's basically how creativity is sent) though the universe kind of whispers.https://youtu.be/MajVm9EJq6Q

https://youtu.be/IOYKDIJPYiU?list=PLnMNiJL3mO8xo4MzFTeolOJnJ7Ngn2fzB

Thought originates from all of our senses allowing everything & everyone in as freely as it is somehow triggered / connected 

brian-tracy-influence-quotes.jpg

Though, with Divine Guidance- thought is distributed with the most benevolent focus & alignment in the ways that work for the short term & long term w/the most completeness. We can allow better feelings whenever possible and that adds  quality  to our spirit place that keeps on giving -& this Good is all God 

to me.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content