login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Affirmative Prayer [Ernest Holmes] ...1

[originally created August 2012-will repair broken links & revise in near future]
This thread will contain items by & about Ernest Holmes swc008.jpg

ABOUT ERNEST HOLMES

Every problem contains its own answer if you think of the problem merely as a question, and inquiry, and not as an obstruction. Thinking of it this way, keep your mind not on the repetition of thoughts about the problem, but on the receipt of a definite answer. Ernest Holmes

3909f85fb34a989621723789548a6768.jpg6b041fdfe314f11f0925e69142836f0f--science-quotes-spirit-science.jpg

ernest-holmes-intimacy-quote-05.18.15-1800-1024x576.jpg6e210ea5e0f5e4b2e0b7b440295f075f.jpg

5ac21073f5b7ca4a492ca724e735d4cf.jpg

Come, Thou Great and Infinite Mind and inspire me to do great deeds. Acquaint me with Thy knowledge and in Thy wisdom make me wise. I would be taught of Thee, Inner Light, and inspired by Thy presence. I will listen for Thy Voice and it will tell me of great things to be done. I will walk in Thy Paths and they will lead me into All Good. I will be inspired from On High. O Wonderful Presence, flooding me, filling me with Thy Light, Thou dost inspire me! I feel the inspiration of Spirit. Ernest Holmes

882b154d8acb1deede26f4f214b29170.jpg

3909f85fb34a989621723789548a6768.jpg

7f62664b083af2493ee0f707064f6368.jpg

3e104de61363d9a24eca064d999fa84c.jpg

This thread is geared to Co-Creatorship. This is not a religious thread…because we are among many views & faiths. Though, it is one that is focused on the fact we do nothing totally alone, but must do our part.. … respectful of how you address your understanding of this Power. 

We have a song to sing; we have a joy to bring to the world, and love and peace and happiness. Ernest Holmes

I am a gift. The very fact that I exist suggests I have something to do here that can only be done by me.I am a necessary ingredient in the world at this time. I feel my willingness to discover my unique talents and bring them forward for all to see and benefit by.Today my heart’s desires take shape and surround me. Ernest Holmes

The most destructive force you and I have – and the most constructive – is our own unconscious emotional and thinking and feeling state. Ernest Holmes
e0cded1331eb496968ef32c8640d60cd--law-of-attraction-quotes-ernest.jpg

• ~~~~~~~~~~

You and I are born out of God, and we are born out of a divine urge that creates.

• ~~~~~~~~~~
      INSPIRATION

5726211bf198e06deb97ca82cbff4dd7.jpg

• ~~~~~~~~~~

The universe is impersonal. It gives alike to all. It is no respecter of persons. It values each alike.

• ~~~~~~~~~~

No one can rob us of our own soul, and our spirit is already one with the eternal goodness.

• ~~~~~~~~~~
    The world of knowledge needs to be knit together and not pulled apart.
    ✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
    THE SCIENCE OF MIND ARCHIVES

Positive thinking is an important step to creating a life you love, but it may not be enough, according to psychologist Dr. Marc Schoen in the March issue of Science of Mind. In the article, “Healing Our Lives, Overcoming Our Fears,” Schoen says in addition to repeating affirmations, we must connect with feelings of gratitude and joy. Focusing on these positive feelings helps us open to the power of greater good in our lives, he says. Dr. Ernest Holmes often talked about the importance of embodying our prayers and affirmations with strong, positive emotions. How wonderful that almost 100 years later, science is proving Holmes right. Science of Mind Archives

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A teacher, writer, and lecturer; Dr. Holmes founded the Science of Mind philosophy in 1927, and regularly appeared on television and radio. His signature saying, “There is a power greater than you in the universe, and you can use it,” became well known over the years. By taking a clear and simple approach in researching the wisdom of the ages from many disciplines, Ernest Holmes developed a practical, spiritual approach to living an abundant life and created the Science of Mind. Since early 1900’s, the Science of Mind Textbook has been the cornerstone to Religious Science churches around the world.

youtubeErnest Holmes 108: How To Solve Your Problems

youtubeHow To Pray Effectively About Ernest Holmes
DR. ERNEST HOLMES (January 21, 1887 – April 7, 1960) is known to millions as a great leader and teacher; and to even more as the author of many inspirational books and tapes, such as CREATIVE MIND, THIS THING CALLED LIFE, and THE SCIENCE OF MIND.

Dr. Ernest Holmes’s 1887 – 1960 is recognized today as one of the leading viewpoints in modern metaphysics and New Thought. He developed a universal philosophy and tools for spiritual living.

Born in Maine, Ernest Holmes was largely self-taught, seeking out the writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Christian D. Larson, Thomas Troward and Phineas Quimby.

Holmes inspired the “positive thinking” of Norman Vincent Peale and countless others without ever intending to create a religion or a following of masses of people.

In 1927 he founded the Institute of Religious Science and School of Philosophy, which was later changed to the Church of Religious Science, now known as United Centres for Spiritual Living. He served as Dean of the school and leader of the church organization. He also founded a monthly magazine which later became Science of Mind. This magazine has gained worldwide recognition and distribution.

He lectured incessantly and was a pro­lific writer. He defined Religious Science in less than twenty-five words as “a correlation of the laws of science, opinions of philosophy, and revelations of religion applied to human needs and the aspirations of all.”

He considered that people, through their self-awareness and power of choice can control the health of the body and the conditions of environment by affirmative meditation, which he called “treatment”. He believed that it was necessary to understand the principle of the Law of Mind, which responds automatically to any demand made upon it.
***~© Copyright 2013 GBC&T Ltd All rights Reserved~***

• ►• THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRAYER AND AFFIRMATION

Affirmations and prayer are similar. In prayer, we seek help from our Higher Power. An affirmation is a statement of the prayer as though the result is already accomplished. For example, one might pray, “Lord, grant me even-mindedness under all conditions.” The corresponding affirmation would be, “I am even-minded under all conditions.”

Those who understand themselves to be co-creators and cooperators with their Higher Power can combine the use of prayer and affirmation. For example, it has often been said that God helps those who help themselves. When we work with affirmations, we are helping ourselves. Prayer is the request for God’s grace as a means of getting help with the problem.
…..Phillip Shapiro

RELATED THREAD

AFFIRMATIVE PRAYER AND MORE

•  
  • Joy I am going to enter into this game of life with great enthusiasm, with calm joy and with a deep and abiding faith in the Invisible. Every tomorrow will be better than today. My experience will continuously expand until limitations, as I now understand them; will have passed entirely from my experience. It is the life more abundant that I have sought, and now I accept that I have an Infinite Power at my disposal.✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
  • I AM MYSELF Today I practice being my real self. In so doing I do not deny others the same privilege, but seek to find in them the same miracle of life, the same wonder of being , the same delight in existence. Today I realize that all the Good there is, all the Presence there is, all the Power there is, is immediately available and immediately responsive to me. Today I enter into the faith of believing, the joy of knowing, and the act of living which proclaim the One Power and Presence in all things. And today, as a child, I accept this Presence that responds to me as warm, personal, and colorful. It is within and around and through me even as It embraces all things. Today I accept my partnership with the Infinite.✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
  • RICHER LIVING Today I expect the more abundant life by keeping my every thought and expectation open to new experiences, to happier events, to a more complete self-expression. Giving out more love, I know a greater love in return. Sharing with life whatever good things I have, I know life shares with me the good that it possesses. Seeing beauty everywhere, I have a revelation of still more beauty. Seeing joy in everything, I know genuine laughter. More deeply sensing the Divine Tranquility in which all things exist, I have a deeper consciousness of peace and security. Through it all I know that I am in the embrace of a warm, loving Presence forever seeking an outlet through me.✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
  • SUPPLY AND ABUNDANCE Divine Abundance is forever manifesting Itself in my affairs. I desire to do only that which is good and constructive, life-giving and life-expressing. Therefore I know that I shall prosper in everything I do. I know that I exist in limitless possibility, and that the infinite Good is right where I am and active in my experience. I believe that everything for complete self-expression is now the law of my individual being. New thoughts, new ideas, new situations are forever unfolding before me. There are new opportunities for self-expression and for abundant life and love and happiness. This I expect, and this I accept.✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
  • LIVING TODAY Yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not arrived, but today I am living in an eternal present filled with an everlasting good. There is nothing unhappy or morbid that can remain in my consciousness. I no longer have any fear of yesterday nor do I anticipate tomorrow with anything other than enthusiastic expectation. Everything that was good in yesterday shall perpetuate itself in my experience. Everything good in today shall create my future. Therefore I have no fear either in looking forward or backward but realize the eternal day in which I now live. In this day there is no fear, no lack, no want, no doubt, no misunderstanding, no uncertainty. Today is big with hope fulfilled, with love and life well lived. Tomorrow will provide its own blessings.✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
  • SELF-EXPRESSION Today I express myself with joy and enthusiasm. I live more abundantly and I accept the possibility and the responsibility. I look more deeply into the heart of all people finding there the pulsation of the Heart of the Universe Itself. I penetrate all externals and reveal the Divine Presence hidden there, the Presence of the living God. And I know in this my self-seeking, this my self-expression of the abundance of the Whole, there is nothing little or mean, there is nothing isolated or separate from the All-Good. This Good is to me even as It is to others. As I lift high the chalice of my hope and faith I know that it shall overflow, that everything I do shall be blessed, every good I seek shall be expressed through me, and everyone I meet shall proclaim anew to me that God, the living Presence, is expressing Himself through all humanity and rejoicing in that which He does.✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
  • PERSONALITY Today I express myself, believing that there is a Presence hidden within me which is both the Reality of my true being and the Presence of God. I consciously unite my personal self and all of its actions with this over-dwelling and indwelling Reality. I know that the vitality of the living Spirit flows through my personality, invigorating it. I know that all of the warmth and color and beauty that is there pours through it. I do not deny my personality, rather I affirm that all of its impulsions and actions flow from a greater Source, the true Reality of the living Self, the Presence of God in me as what I am; and does reveal to me the same Reality in others, the same exalted Divinity manifesting Itself through the innumerable faces of humanity.✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
  • PROBLEMS The Spirit within me knows the answer to the problem which confronts me. I know that the answer is here and now. It is within my own mind because God is right where I am . I now turn from the problem to Spirit, accepting the answer. In calm confidence, in perfect trust, in abiding faith, and with complete peace I let go of the problem and receive the answer.
  • LOVE Today my love goes out to all people and all things. There is no fear in this love, for perfect love casts out all fear. There is no doubt in this love, for faith penetrates all doubt and reveals a unity at the center of everything that embraces all things. This love flowing through me harmonizes everything in my experience, brings joy and gladness to everything, brings a sense of security and well-being to everyone. And I realize that the love flowing through, in, and around me and all things is one vast all-enveloping Love forever emanating from the living God.✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰

• ► by Ernest Holmes I know that all the Power there is already for me and there is nothing against me, either in the visible or in the invisible. Therefore, at all times, I shall be mentally relaxed. If I am mentally relaxed I shall also be physically relaxed. My work will be done with ease rather than through strenuous effort. I shall enjoy doing it because it will be more like painting a picture than trying to create a form
  • 1926 Science of Mind PDF

Mind comes under two
classifications. There are not
two minds, but rather two names
employed describing states of
consciousness: the objective, or
the conscious, and the subjective,
or unconscious. We think of the
conscious state as our conscious
use of mind. The subconscious
(or subjective) state of mind—
sometimes called the unconscious
state—is that part of the mind
which is set in motion as a creative
thing by the conscious state.
The Science of Mind

• ________________________[]
    • Consciousness has got to be developed by persistence, by endeavor, by maintaining an even temperament with yourself. You have got to be on good terms with yourself most of the time.

Meditate upon Life until your whole being flows into it and becomes one with it. Now you are ready to prove your principle by allowing this Life to flow through the thing you are working on. Do not will it or compel things to happen. You do not need to energize Being. It is already big with power. All you need to do is realize this fact.
The Spirit of God is loosed in your meditation. Where this Spirit is, there is liberty. —Ernest Holmes

• ________________________[]
      Set aside time every day for meditation. It will change your life.
      There are many kinds of meditation and many people use this practice in different ways. You can find many uses for meditation and it is fun to experiment with different methods. Because our essential Oneness is the very truth of our being, meditation is one tool for a conscious experience of this reality. Any type of meditation that brings your attention to this present moment, in which you let go of the mind chatter and the past and future, will also bring to you an experience of Oneness. Following the breath in and out, for example,disciplines the mind to relax, brings calm, and can serve as a way to higher awareness of Oneness. Begin slowly, perhaps a few minutes each day, focusing on the breath, until you can keep your attention on the breath for longer and longer periods. Other methods that can achieve this same end are chanting, movement, such as yoga or Tai Chi, the use of a mantra repeated over and over. All of these train the mind to focus on the present moment and bring you into the Eternal Now that is the true nature of life.
      Ernest Holmes used meditation in a specific way, using the power of the mind to focus on a desired state and to increasingly become one with that idea. This is the essence of the Science of Mind teaching, to create through the power of attention. This method may not take you into the altered state sought by other religions, or perhaps it may. In either case, it will change your life in ways that seem miraculous. To do this type of meditation, put aside time every day to sit quietly and contemplate your good . Begin by centering your attention in the heart and becoming still . Allow the mind to drain out any old worries or events. Give up thinking about what is ahead. Breathe. Bring your full attention to your good and the essential goodness of Life. Bring all of your attention to this great sense of good in your life—not the people or the details—but rather t
    • ~
      new thought

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

100589ff2ec86d607f73a6abd502a4cf.jpg

il_340x270.617649546_tq8o.jpg

• ~

quote-peace-comes-from-the-absence-of-fear-from-a-consciousness-of-trust-from-a-deep-underlying-ernest-holmes-65-66-02.jpg

492db1f87474298e8db151f9cea1043d--ernest-law-of-attraction.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

7f62664b083af2493ee0f707064f6368.jpg

“I am whole, perfect, strong powerful loving harmonious and happy, I can do all things through Spirit. Christ and all spiritual people throughout the course of history that strengthen me”

In response to Moonlighting's post:

awesome!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

df293ce848b50909f9ea3253fa0f98a3.jpg

“I am whole, perfect, strong powerful loving harmonious and happy, I can do all things through Spirit. Christ and all spiritual people throughout the course of history that strengthen me”

64ab026d81a0d8f9c9b9b6b3b49c92a5.jpg

58749229_2336304396391565_1594155576667930624_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=0be424&_nc_ohc=OpqfaBCC8JEAX-fbz9s&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=d091ae360da883be01ebfa6b9621b0d3&oe=5ECFBA7F

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

quotes by ernest holmes | Prayer is a thought, a belief, a feeling, arising within the mind of ...

https://youtu.be/tmBu1u6ZqfA 

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

In response to Serenity lake's post:

looking forward to checking this out

The Triumph of the Spirit

tonight! thanks Serenity

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content