login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Affirmations for Others

My husband is minimally conscious after suffering hypoxic injury in Oct 2011. I want to help him come back to me, this world and his family. How can I use positive affirmations to do this? All input gratefully received.

I wish I could offer some helpful advice to you, but I don’t even know what hypoxic injury is. I hope someone will be able to share something useful.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m sorry, I should have given more detail. My husband had stomach surgery but the next day suffered a cardiac arrest which led to severe brain damage (hypoxic brain injury). He went into a coma, is now minimally conscious and we’re hoping to get him SMART assessed soon. However, myself, his sister and other family members have been trying lots of things to help him: kinesiology, the Feldenkrais method, homeopathy and sensory stimuli (music, textures, tastes [although he has a tracheostomy we can still give him iced tea, juice, etc] and images) to bring him closer to consciousness. A friend of mine told me about positive affirmations that she uses with her husband who has a traumatic brain inury from a fall and I hoped someone in bmindful could steer me in the right direction?
I’ve set up a blog for my husband: it’s robertbolton.org or robertboltondotorg – whichever works if you’re interested.
Regards, Angela ~ Ireland

I’m sorry you are having to go through this difficult time. I don’t see any way that affirmations could hurt, but I don’t know of any research or studies about how it affects people with the types of difficulties that you listed. I hope someone will be able to help. My prayers are with you.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I am bumping this thread up as a reminder to myself to share links of a beautiful blog started by the member who created this thread… And Angela Veronica, I would love for you to visit again…and share with us(: Blessings.

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content