login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Once in a lifetime

Well it’s been a while since I was last on this forum (before Christmas I think) & I am pleased to see how many new members are on here now. It’s also good to see some of the original members still posting & getting actively involved in this community. Speaking of existing members, apologies to you Laurie for not replying to your personal message asking where I’ve been. Time has just flown by since Christmas & what with the Christmas holidays, working on the business & moving house, the time just goes & participating in the bmindful discussions has just taken a back seat.

But I saw this article the other day in a newsletter* I received & it made me think about what we do with our time. The article started with the comment….

Once in a lifetime. “Isn’t every moment of our lives, once in a lifetime?”

Yes, I would agree that every moment of our lives is the last chance we get to live THAT moment. In the words of the newsletter author….

“What happens though is that we figure we will be able to live another moment in the same way we are passing on right now. Time becomes a commodity that we trade… and the riskiest commodity of all – futures! We pass on this moment for the option to live it in the future.”

But there is no guarantee about the future – mine, yours or anyone’s. Now is the only moment we have. Every minute of every day is a once in a lifetime opportunity that too many of us waste. As the author continues….

“Live for today my friends. Make today the best day that you can. Be aware of every moment and how it is the last time you will be able to make the decision on how to spend it. Today is your once in a lifetime opportunity to live your dreams, love your family, and make a difference.”

To use an over quoted Latin phrase – Carpe diem!!

How will you “seize the day” today?

• Chris Widener’s Ezine – http://www.ChrisWidener.com

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

I love the way the newsletter’s author put it in mufc’s post “Isn’t every moment of our lives, once in a lifetime?”

While I agree with that thought and look forward to those moments in my life yet to come, why is it that so many are constantly trying to go back to moments past? You know, the last goodbye etc. If I could do that over…

Well, that is not Carpe diem! now is it? Can you re-sieze yesteryear? I wonder. Or broader, when you come back (next lifetime) are there any moments you can re-visit?

OK, I’m rambling, but my mind is foggy, the snow is deep and these thoughts are running through my mind. I’m going to go make myself a coffee, someone else take the ball before I drop it! :-)

Happy Monday! About 8” snow in NJ :-(

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

In response to mufc’s post:
“Live for today my friends. Make today the best day that you can. Be aware of every moment and how it is the last time you will be able to make the decision on how to spend it. Today is your once in a lifetime opportunity to live your dreams, love your family, and make a difference.”

I absolutely love this thread!! Questioning how we spend time is truly one of my favorite subjects. That is why I feel it is vital, that we progressively learn ways to improve our abilities to be true to ourselves.

On that note, thanks for such a powerfully reinforcing community.

And- I am now getting ready to seize the day. Thanks for the wonderful thread Mufc! So glad you’re back!!

added pic 

ashleymontagu1.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

It is so true. And it is so good to constantly be reminded of it. I catch myself daydreaming quit often and forget to be aware of the moment. It takes a concious effort to do so, which I hope practice will make it come more naturally.
Thank you.

…what a wonderful world….

d2393-presentmomentwonderfulmoment.jpg?w=450&h=450&crop=1

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content