login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★How many affirmations at a time?

Browsing through bmindful I see a lot of people with tens and sometimes even hundreds of affirmations selected. Are these affirmations being used at the same time or are you just bookmarking them for later use?

Personally I like to use between five and ten affirmations at a time and if I’m using more than five then I’ll make sure that at least some of the affirmations are synergistic, affirming the same thing from different angles in a way.

There’s no right or wrong way, it’s whatever works best for you. I’m just curious, how many affirmations do you use at one time?

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I have a biggish list. But I concentrate on 5 per night. I write mine out quite “mindlessly” but I do it every night. But only 5.

Focus

At first I was reading a great number but found that I wasn’t remembering any of them by the end and they weren’t really sinking in. Now I just use the amount that I can remember and bring to mind often. Plus I use as much feeling with them as I can

I went through and selected the ones pertaining to Peace that jumped out at me. Since peace is my biggest issue right now I’m focusing on that. I think I have 12 to 15 in my favorites and each morning I select one of those peace affirmations and focus on that one for the entire day.

I have no clue how many “formal” affirmations I use.

I really attempt to listen to what I tell myself, and if my words seem to have any self defeating connotations I then reframe. I especially like doing this to a little visual imagery I picked up a long the way called blue mirror. It helps to cancel out the defeatest thoughts and only agree to the positive.

I especially do this before I get out of bed each morning, while I’m at work because I have a lot of contact with others (one after another) & at the start and in the midst of personal somewhat grueling or mundane (but necessary) projects.

I scan affirmations from this site, and it is like poetry to the soul.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

That’s an interesting way to use affirmations and the bmindful archive! Most people
I know like to keep affirmations personal. But the power of positivity could be really effective in this way. Thanks for sharing laurie :)

Try some mirror work. Look into a mirror, right into your eyes. Say I love you (your name) I really, really do! Sounds easy, you will be amazed how difficult it is. Don’t give up, try it daily till it becomes easy for you.

There are about 25 Universal Laws. They all work every time,provided you know how to use them. Google – Universal Laws – to find them and learn how to use them. “The Secret” tells us about the Law of Attraction. Another popular one is the Law of Ten Fold Return.

This is an interesting question because I am always stumped trying to decide how many is the correct amount and at what time…There are many different views I have seen over time and can be rather confusing…

Great thread – and very helpful. I choose one affirmation at a time – the one that “jumps” out at me – and I repeat it slowly 2 to 3 times (or more depending on my feelings or belief) until it feels “true” to me. Then I do one or two more. It seems to work better for me if I do a few affirmations with feeling than a bunch of them quickly.

I decided that after I finnished saying “I approve of myself” for a month I would take one affimation per day and concentrate on that one for the whole day. I have 180 affimations right now because Ive found some more I really like. I find whatever affirmation Im concentrating on I feel good doing it so I know that each one will keep me upbeat and energized! :-)

enjoy life!

I knew Lee that you where wondering about our lists of affirmations. I got so excited i added 699 affirmations. At first i got overwhelmed and analysed too much, but now i’m ok. It’s good to evaluate yourself often! :)
With chronic illness, it’s hard to stay positive and that’s what i’ve been working on, myself.

I have a large list too. But at the moment i’m going through such hard times that I’ve narrowed it down to two. First my situation has to improve seriously before I can afford the luxury of woking with more affirmations simultaniously.

Hi everyone this is Cheryl. I am new to this but I do have a question.Is there a most effective time of day when you should be saying your affirmations? Regards Cheryl

I add affirmations that pertain to the different life situations. When my spirit is feeling down I will refer to those, during work when I become anxious or agitated I will refer back to to those. I guess I’m covering all the bases and keeping a positive attitude wherever I go.

I’m just thankful for a friendly , generous , positive place on the internet to be.

thread from 2008-2011

hope to see it emerge in present(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content