login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Nying je

On the Goddess guidebook website a lot of us are choosing our word for the year , i considered blossom but then i came across Nying je and this description of its meaning by the Dali Lama and it feels right for all that i would like to give to others and myself .

Magical Recipe for the Supreme Emotion

Dalai Lama

Imagine the most sublime emotion possible. What would that be?

Here’s the magical recipe. Take one part each:

*love *affection *kindness *compassion *gentleness *generosity of spirit *warm-heartedness *sympathy *endearment

Blend, shake, mix, rock n’roll.

What do you get?

Nying je.

Nying je? What’s that?

It’s a Tibetan word usually translated as ‘compassion.’ But, it contains far more meaning, as the Dalai Lama explains:

” [Nying je] has a wealth of meaning that is difficult to convey succinctly, though the ideas it conveys are universally understood. It connotes love, affection, kindness, gentleness, generosity of spirit, and warm-heartedness. It is also used as a term of both sympathy and of endearment. On the other hand, it does not imply “pity” as the word compassion may. On the contrary nying je denotes a feeling of connection with others, reflecting its origin in empathy.

“…It is both the source and the result of patience, tolerance, forgiveness, and all good qualities”

love flowergirl

wonderful thread Flowergirl

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content