login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Write down your goal(s)..why and what next?

Hi ALL,

My laptop is broken and I managed to log on today to ask about goal writing

I have a few questions that I hope you all can clarify for me

1) All say to write goals, and to write them as an affirmations, but some say with a date and some say without..what do you think and why? I mean wont the subconscious mind then wait until that date for the goal to be fullfilled/completed?

2) Why are we told to write a goal, i mean, “brian tracy” says even if you write it and leave it and never look at it again you will amaze yourself that your goal has been reached, well thats rubbish it never happened for me, and yet once I write a goal procrastination falls in and i dont do anything with that paper, so what are you supposed to do?

3) I know some say to write the goals often, well how many times a day? and why? and also how many times do you write it each time (10times, 20 etc)

4) What if you write the list of goals as an affirmation, and re-write that same affirmation many times a day is that enough?

thank you

If you really want something out of life then it is worth tackling that goal from multiple directions such as manking lists, reciting affirmations, even a vision board… they all reinforce each other…

Goals are like affirmations, in that, imho, they are best used to keep you on track. Of course writing them down is useful, but you actually have to do the work to accomplish your goals.

Writing down goals is useful though, as is talking them out with a close friend. In doing so you begin to refine your goals into the particular parts, or prioritize and find they no longer fit in with your purpose.

As for how many times a day, well that depends. Do you find yourself wasting time on useless activities, being particularly indulgent when you should be getting on with things or neglecting what you know deep down is really important? Perhaps you need to review your goals more often.

On the other hand if you find yourself reviewing, rewriting or rewording your goals instead of actually working towards them, it’s time to put them aside and get on with it!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

great thread!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content