login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Visualising the End result - when more than 1 image then how?

Hi All

Im new here :)

I want to get started with visualizing, but have 1 small query which i hope you can kindly help me with please

Simply put, for my goal of weightloss, i can imagine many end results, such as: seeing myself on scales, being told i look great, walking into clothes shops and trying clothes that i like, and dressed with the slimmer sexier clothes

With all these end results, which do i choose or rather how do i tackle this?

I really hope someone can get back to me as soon as is possible

With regards

James

In my opinion visualizing the end result is vital, but an equally important part of the mix needs to be visualization of you doing the things that get you there. Visualize yourself eating right and exercising. Keep in mind that it takes time so be patient and loving with yourself. Don’t torture yourself or obsess about it, keep in mind the importance of it but relax and do the things you already know you need to be doing. The results will come. You already KNOW this. Do what you KNOW, be patient and it WILL happen. When a tipping point is reached a decision is made. If you have really made the decision then it will happen. There are lots of diets out there, look over some of them and find the one that makes sense for you. I am incorporating a lot of the 4-Hour Body stuff personally. No plan is going to work if it is so difficult and austere that you can’t stick with it for the long haul. Much of it has to do with loving and respecting yourself and knowing that you deserve better than what you have been doing to yourself. Embrace a healthier lifestyle, it doesn’t have to be torture. One more thing, a tape measure is more reliable than a scale for measuring progress. Measuring progress is important. The thing about using a scale as your only tool for measurement can sometimes mislead you with regard to your progress. Your weight can fluctuate a lot from day to day – five or ten pounds or more. You could very realistically have lost pounds of fat and not have it show up on a scale due to water weight which can fluctuate a LOT from day to day. So don’t let the scale undermine your progress by discouraging you when in reality you ARE making progress.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Another thing crosses my mind. I have had periods where I kept a journal daily. Like using affirmations, I have benefited from it, but now that I think about it, just participating on bmindful on a regular basis has been tremendously helpful to me. It’s a kind of journaling, isn’t it? I think sometimes I write stuff that bothers some people. That is never my intent on bmindful, but just wanted to mention it. The real benefit has come from participating in the discussions and at times just venting and reflecting on my thoughts and feelings. Isn’t it always good to get it out, whether it is in a notebook or in a forum? I think it is. How can we help but benefit from writing our thoughts, be it in a formal journal or an online forum.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content