login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Modes of Thought

It has been said we have over 6000 thoughts a day. How do you personally train your thoughts, and what does that mean to you when you hear a question like that?

How do you get your thoughts out? Do you write? Does your profession offer you an outlet for exchanging ideas? Are you a student in a formal setting? Are you a vivid dreamer (at night while sleeping) or during the day when you simply visualize? Do you speak to one special person, and or have many good outlets to exchange what goes through your mind?

And what are some of your methods you use for “training yourself” to be good to yourself with your thinking whether your thoughts be-> verbally aloud, on paper, in words or picture-like thinking, and even music and dance?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I like bmindful for sharing thoughts i also speak to friends and strangers. Other than that unfortunatly i haven’t very many techniques. I have to work on my worries. I’m terribly creative..

BB, The beautiful thing about worries are they are only thoughts… and thoughts can be changed!! :)

Laurie, thank you for the reminder. I don’t allocate enough time to change. It is easy to be stuck in a routine. If I had my choice, it would be writing. Action is key to change, but doing the right action to effect the change takes thought which takes time.

PS: Not eating my frog yet, cuz I love to read your thoughts…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Thanks for the cheer up MM. It’s true for me too that doing the right action to effect the change takes a lot of thought & time. It’s wise to get to it as soon as possible.

I write out nice thoughts at night to train my brain to be thinking these thoughts as I sleep. It produces very restful sleep. Even if it feels like I am mindlessly doing it, it works!

Focus

Cool, great tip cause i get nightmare’s, weird dreams and unwanted one’s about “other guys”

In response to freygan’s post:
What a great idea, Freygan!! I think that would be a great method to jolt the old intuition into high gear.

Now, if I could get my dreams interpreted so I would know what the heck my higher self was telling me!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Great idea Freya! I love to think of great things before I sleep. Though, I don’t write them in advance. That’s a great idea!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie, I just write out three affirmations from my bmindful list – if I have nothing else to write. I’ve cycled through my list several times!

I’m just about to go review it!

Focus

I like the affirmation idea!

One thing I do, is to have a contented-type conversation with myself (silently of course), before I go to sleep. Eyes closed, ready to drift, I review my day with the warmth and care, with all of the love I can conjure. I express acceptance, and nurture myself with an extremely truthful and kind connection. I prep for tomorrow with an excitement toward another new day. It is something I like and anticipate.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Great question Laurie. I like the idea of taking responsibility for my thinking. I have been using affirmations for years. I set them to music to program them into my consciousness faster. People in my office used to think I was silly, but they don’t anymore. I noticed that I do my affirmations a bit different than what I found on the site though. I guess each of us has a different method of writing them.

In response to realexpectations’s post:
Do you mind sharing some of your affirmation-type. I love to hear the various ways people tend to their thoughts (smiles)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to freygan’s post: Yes, sort if a ‘Count your Blessings’ method. I find when my mind is too busy to sleep that acutally works great. Never tried to write them, but I think combining the idea with the 911 box would be a great tool on my night-stand. and in response to freygan’s next post: I think I’ll get all my affirmations on cards and place them in my 911 box.

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

In response to laurie’s post:

I tend to write them with embedded commands (a command within a larger statement). So for instance instead of saying, “I am confident” I would use:

I …feel sincerely confident… throughout the day.

With a short pause before and after, it makes it stand out within the subconscious better. I also record them over certain music to make it stick quicker.

In response to realexpectations’s post:
Do you ever include at the end of your affirmations something like better, better, better. I find that has a wonderful effect on the subconscious.

Using your affirmation as an example:

I …feel sincerely confident… throughout the day.
Throughout the day, I …feel sincerely confident… and its always better, better, and better….

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I discovered another way I process “negative” thoughts.

Sometimes I get this dread feeling that I cannot place, that no thoughts can clearly get through to my conscious mind. I’ve been experiencing it since coming back from Tasmania.

A friend of mine is a tarot reader and she and I sit and do readings on things I think are on my mind. With her help, I get incredible insight into my worries and thinking. Not only that, the thoughts crystalise into a way that I can then form positive thoughts and affirmations to counteract them.

I often go away and write about it – and it’s usually at night – I’ve noticed that I sleep MUCH better.

Focus

In response to Laurie’s post:

I haven’t in the past, but it is something I shall have to try. I usually go through a series of affirmations at a time that are inter-related. They tend to build on one another and lead to a positive state. I guess my affirmations focus on a commanded action (even if its “feel”) rather than speaking a state of being.

when i’m having too many egoic thoughts i try and shut them down by being present, sometimes thats hard and i slip back into idle daydreaming, but this year more than years past i am a lot more aware of what thoughts cause what feelings and which ones are good and which are bad

In response to Appreciating˚‘s post:
this thread recently surfaced…want to make a correction to my intro post from January 2009 …not 6,000 thoughts …but 60,000…any many of them simply repeating! wow! think of what is possible…how many thoughts we have the power to create & multiply…. wow!!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content