login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Don't believe all you hear about the economy

My title says it all, let’s all be optimistic about today and today only

I agree. It is ture there are many who are effected by the situation, on the hand I believe many companies make the situation worse by paniking.
I believe that the economy will pick. Lets stay positive.

…what a wonderful world….

The one area I have some major control over is my reaction to things and things I do for me. I plan on:

always doing my best with my current job, (learning more within the job and areas that simply keep me well rounded),

and keep learning more informally and formally) for things that interest me for when my next opportunity “greets me”,

and keep myself in the plan-mode to deal with life on lifes’ terms and for the way I ideally want it all to be.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Totally agree!

In part this ‘recession’ is a self fulfilling prophecy. I hear it’s all over the radio, television and newspapers, I know first hand that it’s all over news sites, podcasts and blogs.

This negative coverage gets people scared, which causes them to save their pennies in case the situation worsens, which further slows the economy and in itself helps cause the issues we are supposedly seeing now.

This also gives big business an excuse to lay off staff. Big businesses has been suffering for a long time as herds of people move away from chain stores and multinational companies in favor of the personal service, high quality goods and more environmentally friendly practices that the smaller, locally run shops offer.

Big business can finally make huge lay offs without people asking to many questions, because it’s obviously due to the ‘recession’.

On top of all of this, what better way for huge behemoth companies, or even entire industries, to get monstrous payouts from the government.

OF COURSE they’re doing it hard, they’ve been overcharging for low quality goods for years and years and people are finally figuring that out and spending their hard earned cash elsewhere.

Likewise with the banks, their greedy and selfish get rich quick schemes have finally come back and bitten them on the behind. But hey, it’s a recession remember so obviously they need a payout too.

And lets not forget the real estate industry, in cahoots with the big banks so they can heartlessly sell overprices houses to people that obviously can’t afford them. Why? Commissions on sale prices, arranged loans and the like.

Of course there are some good people in all of these industries. I know there are exceptions and a lot of the employees of big business are just trying to do an honest days work. I don’t mean to put these people down.

I’m not an economist either, and this post is purely based on my opinion and the way it seems to me. I could be very wrong and am willing to be proven so.

I’m not rolling in money right now, but the recession isn’t the cause of my lack of funds. My situation is improving anyway, recession, depression or otherwise.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

"Stop worrying about what can go wrong, and start getting excited about what can go right"

Unknown

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

"Worrying never robs tommorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy"

Leo Buscaglia

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content