login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★I am making wallpapers for my values.

I wrote a post the other day about how to make wallpapers for your computer. Here, I am going to write some of the statements I am using for the wallpapers. I’m posting this mostly for myself, but I think some of you might get a little out of it. It might give you some ideas for your own wallpapers or just whatever. These are just my thoughts, ideas I wrote out that I felt would help to motivate me.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

My stuff on planning.
——————————-
Planning removes excuses for inaction. Maybe this is the biggest reason many of us refuse to do it. You can’t say, “I don’t know what to do”, if there is a plan right in front of you that says, “This is what you do”.
Do this, then do this, then do this. This is how to do this, this is how to do this, this is how to do this.

If you are not acting on plans you are going to get knocked around a lot.

Planning and “going with the flow” are not contradictory. Going with the flow is good; planning just means that you are going with the flow while in a boat with a rudder.

If you are not planning, the wonderful life you could be having is passing you by. This is important stuff. Pay attention. Get a pencil, get some paper, do some real thinking. A little planning is way better than no planning. Take it seriously and put real effort and thinking into it and the result will be amazing. You will leave the lemmings in the dust.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Stuff on Personal Responsibility
————————————————
It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities. Josiah Charles Stamp

When you agree to do something do it.
If you let people down they stop believing in you; you stop believing in yourself.
Follow through on your commitments and you will respect yourself.
Follow through on your commitments and others will respect you.
Answer for your own actions; don’t make excuses. Don’t blame others for what you do.
Keeping your commitments builds your self-esteem; this is one area where the small stuff does count. It adds up.
Self-esteem, self-respect, self-love – you need these things in order to live a happy meaningful life.
Taking responsibility for your actions says a lot about you. The world around us takes note, but so does the world inside us.
When you take responsibility for yourself you are saying “I am in charge of my life; I am capable, I can handle things for myself”.
Relying on others to do the things you ought to be doing for yourself is childish and immature.
It is up to you to take charge of your life.
A man must learn to trust in and rely on himself before he can be truly free.
You, your family, the world – they all need people they can trust in and rely on in difficult times.
Be that man. Be the man who doesn’t put off or avoid doing the things that need to be done.
When you have a job to do, do it. Take charge of your life. Take control.
Accept responsibility. It feels good. It feel right.

——————————————————————————————————-
You are responsible for your own life;
no one is going to do it for you, but remember –
having the wisdom to ask for help when you need it
it is an important part of being responsible
and asking for help often takes courage.
Don’t let foolish pride hold you hostage. Jeff Dumas

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content