login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★You Are The Energy - The Personal Energy Crisis

thread from 2012/strong desire to revise(:

• ~

HERE’S TO YOUR ENERGIZING HEART
This thread is under reconstruction to become more reader friendly…since it was brought to the front…I will make it a priority Thank you for your interest

“Your emotions affect every cell in your body. Mind and body, mental and physical, are intertwined.”
– Dr. Thomas Tutko, Father of Sports Psychology

❤Heart Smiling Technique
How Your Heart❤ Produces Energy

• A Couple of Stress Related Stats [a.Harris Poll says 84% of Americans Suffer From Emotional Chaos] [b.“An estimated 75% to 90% of visits to primary-care physicians are for stress-related problems.” – American Institute of Stress]

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Key Points:

• You and Your Energy: Key Points
  • Our mental and emotional diets determine our energy levels, health and well-being much more than most people realize.
  • Look at life as an energy economy game.
  • Each day, ask, “Are my energy expenditures – actions, reactions, thoughts and feelings – productive or nonproductive?
  • During the course of my day, have I accumulated more stress or more peace?
  • Keeping an asset/deficit balance sheet even for a few days will give you an extremely clear picture of where and how you’re adding to your energy account and where and how you’re overdrawing it.
  • When we consciously evoke core heart feelings, we nourish our bodies at every level. Like quantum nutrients, core heart feelings keep our cells regenerating.

7 Recommendations to enjoy bountiful vibrant energy

• 1 Identify what makes you happy, what gives you wings, what you’re passionate about.
  • 2 Let your values be your driving force, not your fears nor your guild & shame.
  • 3 Love yourself enough to stay focused on your personal vision & mission.
  • 4 Respect yourself enough to prioritize your energy and well being. Do not tolerate abuses and unacceptable behaviors
  • 5Have the courage to take responsibility for your life choices and to resist all deterrents to the realization of your dreams.
  • 6Develop your emotional intelligence and learn to utilize your heart emotions as the driving force to transform your life. Emotions are the motor behind your thoughts.
  • 7 Be aware that Love is your ultimate source of energy and act accordingly.
  • Tunnel vision: irritation at anyone or anything that breaks your focus.
  • Internal pressure: raw or gnawing feeling in your gut, knot in your stomach.
  • Impatience: lack of compassion for self and others, judgmental thinking.
  • Feeling a constant slow burn inside.
  • Low-grade shock and strain.
  • Zombielike numbness: no feelings – positive or negative; mental or emotional paralysis.
  • Feeling disconnected from life.
  • Decreased enjoyment of projects, relationships or life in general.
  • Feeling all-consuming alarm and dread.Institute of Heart Math
  • Managing Time Pressure and Overwhelm
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Interesting: * Personal Tracker * Tools for Well Being * Free destress kit (among other things) when you sign up
    Adapted from the Asset/Deficit Balance Sheet available in various HeartMath materials, including the book The HeartMath Solution, by Doc Childre and Howard Martin, with Donna Beech. great foundation-info for self-care (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Developing Your Intuition
  • The following was quoted from above link.
    Harris Poll says 84% of Americans Suffer From Emotional Chaos
    [“Overcoming Emotional Chaos” is the first book to make these simple but powerful, truly life-changing techniques available to the public at large.
    HeartMath’s aim is the intelligent resolution of our emotional issues. The purpose is to neither suppress nor to vent our emotions, but balance them. Then, we can flex through stress, stay resilient under pressure and diminish the fear projections, self-judgments and blame that lead to Overcare, Over-identity, Over-attachment and Emotional Vanities, the false identities we have created by trying to be who we think we should rather than valuing who we are. Balance is achieved through what HeartMath calls “heart coherence,” a physiological state where all our systems –heart, brain, emotions, and body – are synchronized with our spirit]
    (don’t have this book..though looks great! I do belong to the free site, and glad so far)

What we know today about what the heart knows is truly exciting and the implications are great. Relying on a variety of data from numerous studies and experiments, particularly heart-rhythm-pattern measurements, IHM’s findings point to the human heart as playing a key role in the intuitive process, and a recent study concludes the heart actually receives intuitive information faster than the brain – by a second or slightly more. This would seem to attribute some independent intelligence to the heart: In fact, the concept of a “heart brain” is widely accepted today”

It has been established that the heart has a powerful electromagnetic field and its own complex nervous system and circuitry that generates up to an estimated 60 times the electrical amplitude of the brain. The electromagnetic signal our heart rhythms produce actually can be measured in the brain waves of people around us. It is no wonder that the findings by researchers at HeartMath and elsewhere conclude the heart has its own organized intelligence network enabling it to act independently, learn, remember and produce feelings – all attributes which, until recently, were nearly universally held to be solely in the brain’s dominion.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

HERE’S TO YOUR ENERGIZING HEART What Is Overwhelm?
In this fast-paced age of the Internet we hear that every minute counts and speed and efficiency are critical. Day after day, week after week, year after year, all this pressure to succeed, achieve, meet goals, make a contribution begins to build up inside of us until one day we are locked in the throes of overwhelm, numb to its debilitating effects on our bodies and quality of life. Information overload – from the media, our jobs, Madison Avenue, junk mail, e-mail, the telephone, political campaigns, charity campaigns, religious campaigns and so much more – often jumbles our thoughts, makes us forgetful and frays our nerves. Overcare, the sense that you have to take care of everyone because no one else will or can, ambition that leads many to burn the candle at both ends, and performance anxiety stemming from the fear that not doing more will cost you your job, are but a few of the byproducts of overwhelm

Many people experience relentless overwhelm every day and fret over how they can get though everything they have to do. They trudge on because they believe they must and that things will never change. Chronic overwhelm is one of the major causes of anxiety and anxiety disorders. When you’re overwhelmed, your mind overloads with all that’s going on. It takes a toll on your nervous, immune and hormonal systems, and left unattended likely will produce cycles of anxiety, fatigue and temporary despair. People on this kind of overload are more susceptible to disease and they age faster (Institute of Heart Math)

“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.”
– Henry David Thoreau

A chief contributor to overwhelm is “project identity,” when you invest a great deal of mental energy into a project and often, without realizing it, a lot of emotional energy too. All that energy can create tunnel vision, leaving you unable to see or appreciate other important things in your life. When someone or something interferes with that focus, the result frequently is irritation, anxiousness and frustration, especially when deadlines must be met. You push people away, neglect other areas of your life, but still press on until eventually you lapse into overwhelm, a kind of emotional chaos. In the end, overwhelm can seriously damage not only your relationships and quality of life, but even the project in which you buried yourself to the exclusion of all else

Another hallmark of overwhelm in today’s world, particularly in affluent nations such as the United States, is “stimulation overload.” You see this in adults and children who constantly move from one form of stimulation to another: coffee, soda, food, shopping, the Internet, movies, TV, computer games and more. It’s true that Madison Avenue knows the precise buttons to push to keep you hooked, but your intelligent heart knows when enough stimulation is enough and you need to chill out and re-energize Unfortunately, your mind can easily override these warning signals until you spiral down into overwhelm

Whether you’re on the treadmill of stimulation overload, working at a job where the pace is unbearable and you can’t see a way out or you simply want to rein in your emotions before overwhelm can take hold, you can rest assured knowing help is within reach. The Institute of HeartMath has been devoted for 22 years to helping people around the world manage their stress and emotions and live healthier, happier lives with easy-to-learn tools practiced minutes a day

Personal energy management is simple but not always easy. It consists of two phases: avoiding leaks and revitalization. First learn to identify and avoid the black holes that sap your precious energy, things that drain you and drag you down. Concurrently, learn to recharge your batteries by identifying what gives you wings, what drives and motivates you to take good care of yourself physically and emotionally.

In order to shift from an energy depletion mode to a cycle of abundance, one needs to tap into the power of self-love, which resides in your heart.
[the above paragraphs written by Nathalie Campeau, M.D.] Great things from a great book

SECTION 1: THE HEART: OUR NEWEST FRONTIER
Chapter 1 : The Personal Energy Crisis and 7 Recommendations to enjoy bountiful vibrant energy
[“We are living today the worst energy crisis the world has ever experienced: the personal energy crisis. The natural resource that we are depleting most dramatically is the human capital of the planet. During the last decades, we have learned to manage our time, our stress, our money and even difficult people. It is now urgent that we learn to manage our personal energy. Our survival as a specie depends on it”]
7 Recommendations to enjoy bountiful vibrant energy

• 1 Identify what makes you happy, what gives you wings, what you’re passionate about.
  • 2 Let your values be your driving force, not your fears nor your guild & shame.
  • 3 Love yourself enough to stay focused on your personal vision & mission.
  • 4 Respect yourself enough to prioritize your energy and well being. Do not tolerate abuses and unacceptable behaviors
  • 5Have the courage to take responsibility for your life choices and to resist all deterrents to the realization of your dreams.
  • 6Develop your emotional intelligence and learn to utilize your heart emotions as the driving force to transform your life. Emotions are the motor behind your thoughts.
  • 7 Be aware that Love is your ultimate source of energy and act accordingly.

Chapter 2 : Heart Brain Synchronization
Chapter 3 : Cardiac Coherence
[“Coherence describes a state of synchronization between two functions. Cardiac coherence refers to an entrainment of the brain wave activity by the heart’s more powerful waves. When brain’s activity is synchronized with that of the heart, the result is a physiological state of well being and an optimization of the global function of all the organs that are under their influence”].

SECTION 2: HEART-SMILING
Chapter 4 : Heart-Smiling
[“Learn to re-energize: it’s not always possible to take 2 weeks of vacation time to recharge our batteries. We need to have access to an easy simple tool that we can use anywhere in any situation. This exist, it’s called Heart-Smiling”]
[“Use Heart-Smiling daily to energize your life and live in harmony”]
Chapter 5 : Physiology and Function of a Smile

SECTION 3: APPLICATIONS OF HEART-SMILING TO PERSONAL ENERGY MANAGEMENT
Chapter 6 : Seven Levels of Personal Energy
Chapter 7 : What is Energy?
Chapter 8 : Discover your Energy Type (ex.‘s Are You a Builder, Explorer or a Protector?)
Chapter 9 : Taking Charge of your Energy
[Specific Neurotransmitters Induce Specific Behaviors]
Conclusion: Engaging your Heart

• Parts of the Table of Heart-Smiling Applications and Subtopics :
  • ** The 3 Steps of Heart Smiling
  • ** Tap Into the Power of Self Love and Increase Physical Energy*
  • ** Sexual Energy
  • ** Redirect Your Emotional Energy From Fear to Love
  • ** Intellectual Energy and Wise Decision Making
  • ** Foster Personal Growth and Find Your Life Purpose
  • ** Personal Leadership: Identify Your Driving Values
  • ** Serving a Higher Purpose
  • ** Healthy Sex & Love
  • ** Neurotransmitters and Attitudes
  • ** Love Powered Weight Management
  • ** Boosting Optimism
  • ** Instant Stress Management
  • ** Soothing Depression and Anxiety
  • ** Neurotransmitters
    Index & References

[Relationships are meant to be Heart-Centered. When in love, broadcast Heart Energy] Relationships
Families
At Work
[“When brain intelligence is complemented with heart intelligence during brain-heart synchronization, all higher mental functions are improved. This includes better judgment, increased creativity and sounder decision making”]
Organizations
Health Professionals
Educators

————————-

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Library of Resources

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to SelfcareEnthusiast’s post:

this is good ,thanks for the key points as I get lost in a post with lots of links and forget where I started
love flowergirl

3 things which close the heart- criticism, indifference and pessimism.

To put the world in right order,
we must first put the nation in order;
to put the nation in order,
we must first put the family in order;
to put the family in order,
we must first cultivate our personal
life; we must first set our hearts right .
~ Confucius

Back to top of page of thread

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Thanks Flowergirl(:

some links/threads-gone or broken

attempting to revise old threads & make them more reader friendly(:

Similar Info – Energize Your Heart Energize Your MarriageSmart Marriages-great Presentation PDF The Institute for Applied Meditation, Inc
Daniel McMannis, M.Ed & Jana Staton, PhD,

http://www.smartmarriages.com/uploaded/handout.718-HeartRhythm.09.pdf

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Here’s another vote for the key points layout! It was very helpful the way you set them out.I could understand them eaily when they were simplified like that.

I’ll be printing them out and putting them on my wall and on my phone. Thanks.

Numbering the posts is good as well, because I can keep track of what you’re saying and I’m able to refer back more easily.

Positive Affirmations and Audio Stories

Affirmations,Audio Stories and handcrafted Inspirational Gifts

“It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who think you’re not.”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content