login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

summer solstice is a new beginning

After a day of eating junk yesterday, been to tesco this morning and bought myself grapes,strawberries and bananas .

I was looking on itunes yesterday for some healing ,relaxing tunes and listed about 8 c ds i liked the look of .

This morning my mind was back on the treadmill ,when do we move ,where do we move ,how can i clear my clutter,where will i get a job – round and round none stop like it is everyday .

Then something clicked

,my food cupboards are full of things like nuts,seeds,quinoa,brown rice ,tinned tomatoes but each time i go shopping i buy junk and put it in the freezer pushing the veg etc to the back .

I have lots of lovely cds ,meditations,relaxation,rock,countrry,hippie,new age that i never play but waste hours looking at more

I have drawers full of craft things,paper,pens,pencils,cut out pictures,stickers,stencils,journals,art pads,wool,embroidery thread,knitting needles,crochet hooks ,patterns that i havent touched for weeks.

I have aromatherapy oils,bath lotions ,make up etc that i never use

I realised its as though im blocking myself by creating a layer of stuff everywhere ,all the healing things i need are here – behing the clutter .Im like those russian dolls ,inside right at the middle is my true hippie spirit,then there are layers of stuff like the other dolls that i keep around me to avoid the changes i want

So 21st june is the summer solstice and its going to be a special day ,i was thinking of going to glastonbury to join the crowds watching the sunrise at stonehenge but decided to wait till i have a special man in my life and that can be a date .However im going to watch it in my garden with incense lit and release a chineese lantern to let go of all the old blocks in my mind .Then start using up all the healing things i have and throwing out anything that isnt kind,gentle,healing .Its twofold , i start using my lovely things and clear out the clutter that they are hidden behind .No more hours on here looking at houses for swapping,looking at jobs i couldnt physically do at the moment ,my days are going to be filled with healthy food that cares and heals,crafts that are theraputic and will help towards employment,daily walks with my big sons and dogs,early nights,sacred times each day ,long soaks in the bath with soothing oils ,enjoying wearing pretty clothes and make up,taking a pride in clearing and cleaning our home with gentle music playing and insence scenting the rooms .Going to look for a voluntary posistion with kids on the autistic spectrum till i find employment .

No more bunging up my life and my body with junk ,i am amazed at the link betweeen cupboards full of healthy food being ignored while buying junk and so many other areas in my life .

I cant change the area i live in but i can unblock myself and our home and im starting an affirmations journal on the 21st june . love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Flowergirl I support your powerful decision..as I’m sure all who will read your post are! So much love..lovely flowergirl(:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

thanks Laurie ,im only living about 1/4 of my life and its time to cherish and grow each day through learning self care and self love ,one of my feelgood affirmations

“i’m high on life “
love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Sounds perfect!

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Merry Meet Flower Girl

My goodness, you really do have a lot on your plate and you really have some good plans. I have recently come out of a situation much like yours with the help of this community. So let me address you in the order you posted. That is how I most easily work.

If your are Wiccan or some other similar belief system, then let me know and I may be able to give you even more advice. But in the meantime…okay, natural food is bes and in time it will probably help you cope with your current situation.

So, in regards to blocking youreslf. Do you understand about shield? If you don’t, contact me again and I can help you with that.

Dang it girl, I would love to be there at Glastonbury. Why won’t you go without a man? You go girl. Trust me, you don’t need a guy. Let those old blocks go at Glastonbury. Why not? But if you can’t do that, your plan sounds really great.

Your plan for getting a job is right on. Volunteer work will really help you out! I also found when I did job interviews that being prepared for the questions they asked being very positive (even when they ask you what you worst career moment was,(just come up with how you dealt with it positively)and everything else. If you haven’t been working due to illness, figure out how to sell that to them too. And I can tell you that I was off work for 1 year on disability.

Midsummer is aa great atarting point. You have my best wishes.

Blessed Be

Morgandy

Blessed Be
Morgandy

Your article is very interesting and lively. I believe your article will be strongly supported. It is very good. Thanks, flowergirl. Try to express yourself more ahead.

hi Morgandy ,thanks for your lovely long reply and i’m so pleased for you that your life is improving .

Your post got me thinking ,i’m not wiccan but dont know how i would describe myself – im a pacifist ,love nature ,believe all life is sacred ,believe in a supportive universe ,angels,healing,i would describe myself as spiritual but not religious .

I love Louise Hay and Eckart Tolle.

Not sure what sheild is but would like to learn more .

Re Glastonbury , i would go on my own but its such a special place i would like to share my first visit with someone very special .

I have been at home so long mainly because im a single parent and didnt have child care but also because of illness myself and being my daughters carer in her battle with anorexia.I have also had a major battle with depression .

Missummer is such a hopefull time for new beginnings iant it .I have found 2 schools that im going to write to asking if i could be considered as a volunteer ,they are both for kids on the autistic spectrum .

thanks again love flowergirl

hi Mr Alex,thank you for your kind words i like your code that you live by ,love flowergirl

In response to Rejuvenated-Reinvented-Free Spirit’s post:
“I am right where im supposed to be “ i like those words that you have shared with me on other posts and they feel right for now ,love flowergirl

dear flower girl.. don’t mean to be nosy but could you be bi-polar…. you sound so much like me…. some days my mind just races and won’t quit…. just food for thought…. love and peace, Kathy

Dearest FlowerGirl

Wow! You really have a lot on your plate. I will send you some energy that you can choose to accept or not. I never impose on anyone.

Most of the Wiccans I know have the same beliefs as you do. And, actually, I think of myself more as a shaman but I hang out in a wiccan community online. They are some of the most ethical, wonderful, caring people I have ever known. We have a class there on shielding.

Shields are basically a spiritual thing we do that is much like a mundane shield. Among other things, we use them to protect ourselves but they can also be used to keep people out and keep us isolated, and they can create a place for us to hide from things. I think that your clutter is a symptom of you shielding to keep things out and not seeing what you need to see. A person can shield on purpose but they can also shield automatically and not realize they are doing it. I learned to do this as a child because of the abuse and dysfunction going on to me and around me. It was really freeing to learn to shield intentionally for many reasons not the least of which is that when I shield intentionally, I am not shielding autmatically. Therefore, my shields serve me better because I create them for a specific purpose. I hope this makes sense. If you want to know more, just let me know.

I can certainly understand that about Glastonbury. I would meet you there if I had the time and money. : )

I understand depression well too. I checked myself into a hospital twice for this and was once on a 72 hour hold for being suicidal. This was many years ago but I really do understand what you are battling with that. Still, you seem to have a good attitude and you are taking the right steps to overcome it. I can tell you that the single most helpful thing that cured my depression wasn’t drugs or therapy, it was changing the way I think through positive affirmations and that is why I believe in them so much to this day. The book I read that got me going called it “truth therapy” because as they explained, the negative things that you tell yourself are not the truth. Therefore you need to stop those thoughts and replace them with something positive that is the truth.

Well, I hope that all made sense and was helpful to you.

Blessings
Morgandy

Blessed Be
Morgandy

hi coachhouse ,you are not nosy ,just caring .I dont think im bipolar as i dont get the highs .I think the low feelings are linked to 2 things – well 3 actually
food choice pasta sends my mood way down
hormones as they seem to come in cycles
that inner voice – negative affirmations .

Also as im home all day i think my mind goes round and round because its not focused on anything .Thats were i could be using affirmations isnt it .

How are you doing ,are you well .
love flowergirl

hi Morgandy ,i could really use some energy thanks ,feel like i need plugging in today .I have a few wiccan friends on the goddess guideboom.com website ,,they are lovely gentle folks .

thats intresting about shields ,i imagined they were for keeping negativity out .I have definatly built one around myself , i think this could be why i sometimes feel as though im locked outside my mind .How do you lower them please?

Im so pleased for you that you healed your depression and i agree about books helping ,i love Louise Hay – you can heal your life .

Today im starting a gratitude journal and going to be more concious of my thoughts ,who knows we might get to glastonbury next year ,love flowergirl

In response to Morgandy’s post:

Hi Morgandy what kind of things can one do to get more energy and protection? Thank you in advance.

Peace,
Mary

Hi Flower Girl… glad to hear it isn’t bipolar… for me bipolar is like being on a roller coaster…. hope you and Morgandy can hook up….

Morgandy…. i like what you are saying about sheilds…. maybe you could start a thread….

love to all, Kathy

hi coachhouse thanks ,,im sorry you have to cope with it , i remember watching a programme by Steven Fry about bipolar .

Today i lit some rose scented insence,took my flower essences and was kind to myself
love flowergirl

Hi FlowerGirl, Mary, and Kathy

FlowerGirl, I am quite interested to hear how your summer soltice went. And keep up your excellent work. Sending more energy and I asked my energetic familiar, Miss Mellie to send some to. She loves to do that and she is is so well known on the wiccan site that they made her her own sig tag. : )

Mary and Kathy, I think I will take Kathy’s advice and start a thread. That’s an awesome idea. Since I spent some time enjoying the soltice with my other familiar, Mr. Huey, I’ll have to put it on my To Do List for now as it’s late.

And Kathy, I’m sorry you have to live with Bipolar. I know several people with this and it’s tough. But you can have a great life anyway. Afterall, we all have challenges in life. I believe that challenges are opportunities in disguise. They also help us to learn our life lessons and make us more compassionate toward other people. I think that shielding could be helpful to you in working on controlling this.

Blessings
Morgandy

Blessed Be
Morgandy

Thanks Morgandy…. right now I am at rock bottom, and that means the only way is up!!!! looking forward to your thread on sheilding…. Kathy

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content