login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★For Men Only ;-) Why I love my wife or Valentines Day Bliss

In the spirit of this Holiday ;-) Let’s share the thing you love most about your spouse. Although I really do intend this for men to respond, if you gals want to jump in, feel free, we love being loved as well!

We tied the knot 40 years ago today. I love my wife because she is always there for me, she keeps me honest, she knows when I’m down and lifts me up, we share all the same values and many, many of the same interests. We adore our kids and our granddaughter and we enjoy helping people finding happiness. I look forward to 40 more years with her :-)

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

Great thread! Gratitude and appreciation, and very timely too :)

I’ve been with Mel four and a half years. Not quite as long as your 40 years, but it’s still a significant portion of both of our lives. On top of everything, I’m most proud of the fact that we have absolutely no secrets.

There’s never been an awkward moment, due in part to the absolute honesty we’ve shared since very early on. This is total and absolute honesty, to the point where I can learn a lot about myself by talking with her.

This means we know each other very well, and ironically means that we often don’t need to say anything at all. We know each others subtle body language and facial expressions that would make it impossible to hide anything, even if we wanted to.

We’ve got very similar values and views, but there’s just enough differences to keep things very interesting. These differences are the source of many stimulating and enlightening debates.

On top of all of this, she really looks after me! She’s the bread winner at the moment as I spend my time working on my projects. She’s always supportive when things don’t go as planned and is a great soundboard for bouncing ideas off, or growing them into fully fledged strategies.

As if that wasn’t enough, she’s a great cook, she’s motivated and ambitious, witty and intelligent and she puts up with all of my little quirks and idiosyncrasies.

And she’s also gorgeous in every way :)

That is why she’s been my valentine for the last several years, and all being well, will remain as such for many more years to come.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Bruce & Lee – You guys are so nice – congratulations on your love!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to ThisIsBruce’s post:

Bruce you said, the gals could join in..

My hubby and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary this year, and his friendship is still way up there with what I love about being alive.

We bring out the best in each other. I still remember the day he proposed, and how when I thought about it, I felt bliss in the idea of marrying my best friend. And after the many things we’ve grown through together, I will say that I know he is my soulmate.

We trust, and respect what we individually believe in; similarities and differences.When we’re together it’s exciting, and loving and a safe refuge. And like you said Lee when discussing Mel, we often don’t have to say anything and the communication still works well.

I Am the
Allowing Complete Unadulterated Readiness

OK! Now it’s been mentioned twice, I just have to bring it up. The unspoken communication bit. You know, that’s when you are placing your hand on the telephone to ring someone and it rings and they’re there! Or you are about to say “You know, I’d really like to blah blah blah” and they say I was just thinking that. For most of us it is a small miracle that these things are going on. IMHO, and that of several people I’ve studied, that communication is a direct link between your hearts energetically. Not so amazing, but oh how important that we do find that person with whom we can connect!

Love to you all.

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

i’m ambidextrous, polygamous, and extremely grateful to my companions that never leave my side…

;)

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content