login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Do you make time for the real you?

I’m a very optimistic person. I do a variety of things to maintain my enthusiasm for the difficult and mundane things that must be done to get where I say I want to go. When you’ve been going strong with all types of activities that must be done, what do you do that is uniquely you, just for you, to get back to just you. I’d like to hear how others here center themselves, after doing all of their very necessary things in the business of living. If you meditate, what is your method? If you engage in some other spiritual activity, describe it. In my attempt, to have a “fresh eyes” approach, I’d like to hear your ideas here.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I like putting really nice lotions and essential oils on me. Bathing slowly and quietly. I feel so at peace afterwards. But it takes about 2 hours, so I only do it once a week.

I also play my Shakuhachi about once a week for hours.

While I was on vacation, I did a REAL meditation (like sit down on purpose and meditate, doing NOTHING at all) and found myself blissful for hours and hours after it. I hadn’t done a meditation like that for a long time, I reckon it’s time to do it more regularly. What I did was do mantras by singing them (15 minutes), I just did one mantra, om mani peme hung, and then sat with my legs cross for 30 minutes meditating on being close to enlightenment.

What do you do Laurie?

Focus

Om Mani Padme Hum. Are you a Tibetan Buddhist Freya?

As mentioned in the other thread, I’m currently interested in Buddhism, particularly Tibetan Buddhism and specifically the Gelug sect. I’m going twice a week to the Tibetan Buddhist Society – a 6.2km ride away. (12.4km round trip, which I did in the rain the other week lol)

What do I do for just me? hmm.

I meditate. Sometimes just breathing meditation, sometimes on an affirmation, sometimes just being in the moment. I do this at least once a day of late for at least half an hour.

I like long walks too. That sounds so trite but it’s true lol. I don’t mind if they’re on my own, with Mel or with a close friend. “I don’t care where, just far”

I read a lot. It’s something I really enjoy doing but it’s VERY easy to not get around to doing it. Most days I try to make time.

I write too. Most of what I write is primarily for me, and then for everyone else. I would write even if I didn’t have an audience. I have loads of notebooks full of ideas and thoughts and only a very small fraction of what I write on the computer ever gets put online.

I go rock climbing. When I am rock climbing I am only rock climbing. I haven’t been in two weeks :(

Sometimes I take photos too.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to freygan’s post:

I love very warm baths! I either use lots of Dr. Bronners Peppermint Liquid Castille Soap or a product called Queen Helene Bath Therapy. Both my absolute favorite discoveries for over 25 years!

If I have alot going on, I will take more than one and meditate and or regroup. Starting anew is easy then.

I love to do some centering exercises (meditating of sorts).Prayer too.

I love to go to the lake and the ocean. I miss the mountains; too far!

I love working out!

I love creating healthy meals.

And if you haven’t guessed, I do enjoy writing (ideas, thoughts, feelings).

I love expressing what my heart says to others. It’s such a natural thing, when someone is kind, creative or bright and or demonstrates some wonderful quality;feel a heart desire to say it like I feel it.

I love genuine comminication;people who are honest from the heart (when listening and sharing and respectful of boundaries)

I love to read books that feel like they speak to me. The things I’m focusing on that can add some further enlightenment, I love audio tapes.

I love planning for what brings me joy.

I love being in the flow.

I love to be alone.

I love to be with people that are genuine and caring; my husband being top of the list.

I enjoy the wisdom of older adults. I love listening to the wisdom of very young children.

I love to organize and decorate.

I love to attempt crafts.

Well, there’s a start.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I act upon how i feel and sometimes prioritize. I do a lot of personal research.

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:

Lee, I have been Tibetan Buddhist for a good part of 15 years. It’s been a journey. My son used to call Lamas, Mamas. He’s very monkish.

Making time for myself is like serving others… if I am less than 100%, then I cannot serve. I cannot look after others like my son.

Focus

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
I like walking too I usually do it on Sundays with my daughter and very occasionaly my husband. I recite affirmations in my head if im walking on my own

enjoy life!

thread from 2009…looks like 2015 would serve it well(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content