login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Proof statments

Besides affirmations, I think proof statements also help our outlook. Proof statements are references to our past successes and character.
For example: “I have shown great courage in facing illness and loss. I remember times when I have given selflessly to others. I have taken the time to assist people in need.” And you can get more specific. This might be ground that some people cover in journals or meditation. I think it is a a very powerful technique because our minds look at our past experiences when forming attitudes about the present.

Yes remembering our past achievements is a very positive thing to do especially when feeling down and maybe prone to feeling like a failiure.

Personal achievements I can think of off the top of my head are losing weight (twice) getting a job just by turning up and asking if there were any jobs available and getting a silver medal and being commended when I entered a line dancing exam years ago.

enjoy life!

That’s awesome! I think these kinds of statements are particularly useful for those of us who are working on our self-esteem. And the great thing is, if we take the time to write them out or think about them, we discover we’ve done a lot! :)

In response to William.B’s post:
Reminds me of transferable skills when going for a job interview..(:

I have done X-type of work at such and such a company; therefore I know I can do X very well for your company, if given the opportunity(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

working on proof statements may be helpful for me, I have difficulties ackowledging my successes.Thanks

In response to duckie’s post:
Have you ever tried blue mirror exercise too?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My proof statement is I always do my best. One day I may be full of energy and do better , another day I might be tired or sluggish and not do as well as the day before. In everything I do my best that I have at that time. My best however is never going to be good enough for others. It is impossible to please man as we have a tendency to pick apart what is best and find faults.

At the end of the day I can rest knowing I did my best.

In response to D’Marie’s post:
I like your ‘do your best’ proof(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I think it’s a good way to counter negative self talk. You might be thinking, “Geez, this is a terrible situation. I’ll never get out of it.” And then you get accustomed to looking at proof to the contrary. “Oh, yeah? I have solved a lot of other problems. Look at all the good I did on my last job. Look at how many compliments I get for my problem solving skills.” The proof of your positive history shoots down the negative self talk. Ka-pow! :)

I agree it is great..and I would add..if I could do ‘that’..I can do..such and such..or learn to do such and such.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’ve made it thus far.

…and that’s proof that you can make it still further. :)

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content