login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★It’s never time to settle. (a dating pep talk)

Pep Talk: Someone is going to love you for exactly what you are. Someone you meet is going to make dating easy and not fucking annoying. Someone who turns you on will be neither stupid nor fictional. Someone is going to recognize your one of a kind brilliance and never want to break up. Someone is out there. Don’t cash in your chips yet.

Today remind yourself: It’s never time to settle.

via dailypeptalkfromabestfriend.com

In response to rsarahs’s post:

Hi it’s been awhile since I have visited this great place. This subject interested me. What I realize is that when I dated it was never for just having fun and enjoying myself. It was about finding the right guy.

In doing so I missed out on learning how to relax and have fun. Believe it or not I heard Dr. Phil by accident tell a woman to date a million men and have fun. He said, “I’m not saying you won’t have a broken heart but just learn to have fun! “Out of those miliion guys someone will show up who is just right for you.

At my age I am having fun go out all the time and meet all kinds of people. In my youth I met some real dandies that I ended up with! Had I learned how to relax and have fun I would have met others that were not looking to find someone to use. Other people see you are genuinely happy and want to be around you. The bad ones look for easy prey. Then you learn how to stay away from predators or those with hidden agendas. I wished I had learned this earlier but as the old addage says. “Better late then never!”

Blessings,
Mary

hi ,i have been single for nearly 13 years – not even a date – but now my kids are growing up im opening up to the possibility of meeting a new partner .Alot of healing and self growth i want to do first and then i will be watching out for a kind,fun,veggie,hippie/biker,to come along .
great to see you Mary,love flowergirl

I never really dated , I met a guy and we’ve been together since that 1st day. So I guess I don’t date, I just “relationship”.

for me it’s all about the chemistry , if there is no spark then there is no use trying to build a fire

I am truly glad I did date in my young life..I am extremely happy..and my relationship IS truly one of the absolute best parts of my life.. though I might have wondered..(yeah we do that..we wonder about everything..don’t we?(: ) And I have no regrets. I can be me..and he can be himself..and as individuals we grow..and as a couple we grow..and each day is (lovingly.. gratefully) brand new.

My hubby and I have been married over 30 years, and he is my best friend and I trust him completely. The day he asked me to marry him..I remember the question I asked myself..what would it be like to marry my best friend? And my answer was equated with awesome..Though awesome in more ways than I could’ve ever known back then. Because no matter how tough things times get around you..and with you….it is amazing what you are willing to do with and for someone you trust so much…And if you can make each other smile and do things with all you know at the time..willing to grow and do things with a pure heart…then life is good no matter how stressful circumstances can be..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Laurie Enjoys This Moment’s post:

Laurie that is the best person to marry. Some people have beeen lucky enough to have that spark and still get along. Most married couples I know had that spark but couldn’t stand each other and divorced years later.

When we are attracted to somone so much it takes away the reality of what that person is really like. That will stare them in the face later when someone becomes sick or cannot be there for them sexually. I have many male friends and I’ll never forget what one friend said to me. He said, “You know Mary Linda and I have great sex but I really don’t know who she is and have come to realize that she is a stranger to me.” It didn’t make sense to me then but it sure does now.

Having fun and relaxing is where you will see what a person is really like. I have an aunt who is 77 years old and very attractive she said she meets great men volunteering. She has a wonderful boyfriend now and they will be married. He has taken her abroad to Europe!

Let’s see what the future brings! (:

In response to Godscreation’s post:
Yes..your aunt is being her authentic self..and relating to authentic experiences..the best is always in sight when authenticity is involved..fun..love growth..is inevitable..

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The ticket is always “love yourself just a hair more than the person you love with ‘everything’.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Refreshed…you are Blessed to have found and married your best friend. I was married for 15 years and while we got along and loved each other he was a pessimist and I truly believe he would defeat himself. He went from job to job and we were always in financial strain. It took its toll on our marriage.
Years later I’m finding my way and healing and focusing on my children.
I am very nervous to start dating even though I long for that companionship. I’m trying to find a way to stop feeling that sense of loss that comes with divorce.

In response to Wisp’s post: I believe I am blessed..I do know the strain finances can put on a couple..and if there is negativity along with the stressors of financial hurdles..it can be a bit much.

One thing which always assists me..is to acknowledge I AM always right where I’m supposed to be. And having a family..well sounds like you are blessed also(: Practice different ways to care for yourself..and remember this moment only lasts a moment..be special to you and your children.. and everything gets better with each moment. Grief doesn’t feel great..but you are greater than your experiences..and my prayers are with you..that joy is yours..more often than not.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content