login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Instantly improve your memory by 20%

This article talks about a study where by participants were given memory exercises to do, and then told to go for a walk. Whilst on their walk they were tracked via GPS.

Upon returning, they repeated the memory tests, and those who had walked amongst nature (tree’s, parks etc) increased their score by nearly 20% compared to those who just wandered around the busy streets!

Not all too surprising to me, especially after reading Plant Spirit Healing but it’s great to see research being done on this stuff!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

That is not at all surprising to me either! Me and my family feel a big difference in our clear headedness when we go for our bush walks, the dog goes absoutely crazy, just breathing in fresh air does wonders. Every opportunity we get whilst out travelling we walk and admire the bush, we especially love been around waterfalls, you can feel and smell water, it is so peaceful.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is so weird that you should post this today. My husband and I were just having this discussion over breakfast. In our lives (referring to my husband and myself), our affirmations seem more powerful when we are contemplating them in nature. I had not seen the article, but I am definitely going to share it with my hubby.

Further to our memory discussions, we were just talking about what is important in our lives and how quickly we lose site (or forget) about it. He was referring to going to the gym. We know it feels good. We know it is good for us. However, if it isn’t in our top priorities, it is easy to “forget” or make excuses. Affirmations are such a good way to keep our top priorities at the front of our mind, so we don’t “forget”. If we don’t remember what is important to us or our goals, they just fall by the wayside.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I’ve just got back from a beach weekend away with work – just a friendly thing no work was involved. I sucked in all the nature I could get! Moonlit walks on the sand, early morning swims, exploring rock pools and sitting on the grass. Oh to have to come home today LOL

In response to melt86’s post:
In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Keeping things in the forefront of your mind could have an overwhelming effect.
Though like you say Mel and MM, keep those very important things right there, all around you. Whether it be a vision board, or just taking time to write a progressive list and notes regarding your ideas and the whys..I agree keep those areas in mindset and in your heart for easy access.(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content