login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Writing

• writing about things we’re passionate about …I do love to write. I’ve had to do it for certain paid positions…but I enjoy it much for myself. At one time in my life, for more than one position I’ve held..I guess you could say one of the duties there was to “market” self care…how great was that!!! I was able to implement in writing the things I am most passionate about. [The material/direction was different from my focus here…though the passions large with all!!!]
  • _______________________
  • Writing as a Means of Prayer ….“Although we seldom talk about it in these terms, writing is a means of prayer. It connects us to the invisible world. It gives us a gate or conduit for the other world to talk to us whether we call it the subconscious, the unconscious, the superconscious, the imagination, or the Muse. Writing gives us a place to welcome more than the rational. It opens the door to inspiration. It opens the door to God or, if you would to ‘Good Orderly Direction.’ Writing is a spiritual housekeeper. Writing sets things straight, giving us a sense of our true priorities.” The Right to Write: An Invitation and Initiation into the Writing Life
  • _______________________
  • Artist’s Way-Julia Cameron blog Morning Pages are three pages of longhand, morning writing about anything. There is no wrong way to do Morning Pages, and they are for your eyes only. Doing Morning Pages, we find that we go into our day with more clarity. Although they do take time (about 30-40 minutes), they actually make more time than they take because we move more efficiently through our day.They are three, single-sided, 8.5×11 pages (so in other words, not 6 pages). Yes, they must be done in the morning. Yes, they must be done by hand.
  • Why three pages?
  • Ordinarily, the first page and a half is pretty easy. The second page and a half is more difficult, but it moves us into action. More than three pages invites self-obsession. It’s a little bit like when you go to see a therapist, and you say “when will I see you again?” You’re hoping they’ll say “every day,” but instead they say “how about in a week?”
    Three pages seems to be the ideal length.
  • _________________________
  • Creative Writers Site
  • WRITING-Self Help Tutorial-site/articles