login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Breathe In-Breathe Out/Mindfulness

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

5 Quotes that Can Change Your Life!

Get centered — Take a moment to just notice your body here, noticing any tension and seeing if you can choose to let that tension go. Become aware that you’re breathing.

Read the quote twice – Reading it twice allows it to settle in a bit more.

Allow the words to simmer — Close your eyes and see if you can let the words roll around and notice what arises for you physically, emotionally and mentally. In other words, let these words percolate in your mind and body. Do any thoughts, memories, or associations arise? Is there a tension or loosening in the body? Do emotions of fear, joy, or calm arise? Whatever arises this is grist for the mill.

Bring your mind back if it wanders — You may notice the mind going off into thoughts of what you need to be doing or judgments such as “how is this going to be helpful to me?” Just note where it wandered to and gently guide it back. As Larry Rosenberg says in his book Breath by Breath, repeat this step several billion times.

Come back to the breath – Thank yourself for taking this time-out of your daily busy-ness to engage with this mindful inquiry for your health and well-being.

May God bless you all with Infinite love, prosperity, health and happiness, so be it!

I have just started with meditation but I feel that even with the right ambiance and mood (candles, soft music, etc), my mind still wanders off to other things like work and family and problems. Any tips you could give to help me stay on track? I’d really love to be able to just sit still and listen to myself. I feel I deserve this after being so busy with deadlines in work the past months! Thanks.

hi peanutbutter and welcome , I sometimes find walking alone can be a good way to meditate if you have somewhere quiet and safe nearby .Your mind will wander but just try to let the thoughts pass by ,sometimes mine are like an express train charging through my mind but if i can turn them into clouds floating by or bubbles coming up from a fish they lose their grip on my concentration .love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:
I love that bubble-analogy(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

theres plenty more like that Free Spirit,remember lava lamps ,im so tempted to buy one as i love watching them .Also i recently bought a electric stove that looks like a wood burning one and it has pretend flames ,i can lose myself for ages staring at that.

I think if we try too hard to meditate our mind fights us but if we just sit peacefully and stare at or imagine something we wander into a lovely peacefull mindset .

A lit candle is the simplest and theres something about it that takes me right back to my ancesters looking at the flame ,fire has always been around and its a way of hoouring all those who have walked our earth before ua.
love flowergirl

In response to flowergirl’s post:
You have found some great ways to be still with self. Thanks for sharing(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

its because im away with the fairies half the time in my own little world .
you would think i would be really chilled out with low bp wouldnt you .love flowergirl

Hey all, I have gotten a couple free meditations from Silva… and they have worked great… in fact when I become anxious i use one of their methods to calm down…. they will bombard you with emails to get you to buy stuff but for me it was worth it… they are downloadable and do them sitting in front of my pc with eyes closed…. each one takes about 20 minutes… good luck
Kathy

another thing that helps me with minfulness is ho’opnopono…
don’t have a link but info readily available on web….

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content