login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Darkness Before The Dawn

This is the period when you’ve been saying your affirmations and everything seems to get worse right before it gets better. I read about this in a book by Florence Scovel Shinn called “The Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn”

This is the time when most people give up on affirmations thinking “This stuff doesn’t work, EVERYTHING’S GETTING WORSE!”
But Florence encourages us that this is the time when we should remain strong and steadfast in our affirmations and GIVE THANKS that we have received on the spiritual plane even if not on the material plane. This is only the darkness before the dawn. Hold fast! Be strong! Keep affirming!

This is probably the hardest part of the transformation (besides actually getting started). I’ve experienced it before, and began experiencing it recently. I almost gave up until I remembered Florence’s words. This period definitely get easier to deal with in time.

Has anyone else ever experienced this or heard about it? Any stories to share?

• I feel it is very important to connect with where you are in the moment -turning any inkling of lack of trust of self —to the closest faith-filled position you can conjure. As faith grows ..take it the next level..and then the next. Affirmations grow as we do(: Our lives change as it needs to..
  • Be grateful for all that exists
  • Clarify where you are—and Where you want to go
  • I think it is important to remember we do not move forward from speaking it alone. Though, that is a mighty beginning.
  • In hindsight, I can remember many times that felt terrible before it got better. Will share more soon..Great thread!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content