login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Writing It Down Ignites All Wonderful Things

Are you writing your goals down?

The following article is by Tristan Loo:

The first and most important step in achieving any goal is to first lock it into the subconscious mind so that it can use its incredible computing powers to manifest it into reality. Like the saying goes, “You get what you focus on,” the focus part of it is the subconscious mind working to create solutions that make that specific goal possible in your life. Part of that process comes when you write your goal down onto paper, but that is not enough. You must constantly reinforce those goals and etch them into your subconscious mind through repetition, just like you are learning a new vocabulary word. You want to move that goal into the unconscious competence area of learning so that it becomes second nature to you. That’s where the process of goal affirmations take place. There are a variety of ways to do this, but the goal affirmation technique listed in this article is the one that I use personally and I’ve found it to be an incredibly powerful method.

Materials Needed:

o A stack of index cards

o A spiral notebook

o Pen

Procedure

o First isolate the goals that you want to work on right now and brainstorm on those goals completely.

o On each card, write a single goal in the present tense, as if you have already fulfilled or completed that goal.

o Keep this stack of goal cards with you throughout the day.

o Several times a day, read your cards and visualize the experience of fulfilling those goals.

o Brainstorm on what you can do today to move yourself one step closer to that goal.

o In the spiral notebook, rewrite each of your goals several times a day, along with any brainstorming that comes with it.

What these techniques do is that it reinforces these goals into your subconscious mind so that you begin to believe that your goals are truly attainable. It builds a sense of confidence within you and gives you the motivation of knowing that you can achieve these goals and that desire for achievement moves you towards your goal at a much quicker pace. When used on a regular basis, your goal cards are a very powerful tool towards your personal success. © Copyright 2006 by Tristan Loo.

For over 10 years, Tristan Loo has inspired, motivated, and brought success to the lives of the people he’s touched. Successful in his own right, Tristan has competed athletically against Olympians as a world-class gymnast, saved lives as a police officer, authored numerous Personal Development and Interpersonal Communication books and articles, and is a highly sought-after Personal Development Coach. Tristan is the founder of the Synergy Institute, a San Diego based Personal Development Firm. His philosophy of passionate living and helping others fulfill their dreams has continually been the driving force that has placed him well above the industry standard.Visit Tristan’s website at www.synergyinstituteonline.com or by email at [email protected]

• ~
    Planning Your Year by Writing Things Down-Brian Tracy blog“:http://www.briantracy.com/blog/general/planning-your-year/
  • Writing anything down of value begins every valuable process.
  • Writing it down is my ticket to beginning..anything well(:
  • ..simply responding from my heart to threads to my bmindful friends has given me further clarification about my priorities that I focus on.
  • I acknowledge more and more whatever I write brings things into action. And to bring it home more so, hearing it played back…is tremendous right after writing ..

74ed5e0209124a44ba7d00d62013aff9--sketching-creativity-quotes.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Process affirmations are really working for me at the moment. I have been writing them on pieces of paper at my desk at work and leaving them in my periphery. The best thing about writing them out is that you can let your creativity run freely. It doesnt matter if it doesnt make sense to anyone else, but just use the list that Laurie posted in the process prayerful affirmations for your goals thread and include these in the way you write – e.g be joyous, appreciative, optimistic and creative as you write them down.

The definitive list

A full and thankful heart..

This is a great idea – but I want to caution you that the opposite works as well.

Don’t use the power of writing to email your friends all of your complaints in the world. Don’t use your diary to write down everything going wrong in your life. These are horrible affirmations to commit to the universe. Always frame things in the positive to bring forth more good.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
So true – didnt think of that. Thanks MM! I will remember that when I email complaints about how bored I am to my colleague!!

In response to anoushka’s post:
We become un-bored by creating passion within ourselves and in meaningful areas of our lives. If we do this, even the areas that have potential to be mundane ..or seem not enough gain new dimension. That doesn’t mean we hang on to less wonderful things..We do…until we truly have no reward at all coming from them. Example-don’t quit your job until you have a new one(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Laurie~LovesFocusingWell’s post:
Insightful and so true. Also, the gratitude for the here and now (and knowing that you are right where you are supposed to be) is important for growth and so being ‘bored’ is asking the universe for more boredom, indirectly. I need to get more gratitude!!

In response to anoushka’s post:

Somehow this gratitude how-to seems like something you do regularly, but sharing anyway(:
Found this and quoted from one of those e-articles:

It’s important for one to recognize that it’s a behavior to be avoided at all costs. Being grateful for everything you have makes you a better person, and it makes others happy to be around you. Besides, they will be more willing to give you assistance in the future.

Difficulty: Easy
Instructions
Step
Make gratitude part of your daily life. Recognizing others for what they have done for you, even the small acts of kindness, is necessary even when the person is family or a close friend.
Step
Say “Thank You” for every act of kindness received. It’s so simple to say and yet so often taken for granted. It’s especially true when it comes to your own family members.
Step
Express your gratitude and appreciation often. Take the time to write a note or send an email even if you already said thank you. Send a gift to show your appreciation for someone’s help.
Step
Look for opportunities to reciprocate favors as soon as possible.Be observant and give service instead of asking if help is needed.
Step
Count your blessings instead of wishing for more and moping about what you don’t have. Write down a list of things you are grateful for and you will be amazed at what you have to be grateful for. Experiencing gratitude is closely tied to being happy.
Step
Provide ways to support others who are less fortunate. You never know when the tables might be turned one day.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

when I learned that I needed to adjust my attitude to one of perpetual gratefulness, it changed my life….. I see so many things differently… even my smallest negative attitudes need to be addressed if I want my life to continue to change … this is a great thread… thank you so much…..Kathy

And btw, coachhouse, Anoushka, MeditatingMama… always love your contributions around here… & haven’t seen you in awhile… If you’re dropping by … hope to hear more from you guys these days. Regardless sending well wishes to you all…& to members who haven’t posted lately, those who are thinking about posting…and all those who who have been enjoying any way they’re choosing- glad you’re here & sending love
(:

• ~

I love this

I-fully-let-go-of-trying.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Decisions Decisions Decisions{related discussion thread}/SRWE

Lets Begin Our Own Motivation Notebook-related discussion thread

See the source image

—————/

writing is awesome. 
Before I go to work, I ALWAYS do my energy work... writing progressive truths that I allow to be reality. 
And then it is. And I AM.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content