login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★World Travels

The only countries I have visited overseas is to Australia, and have always dreamed of visiting The Grand Cannon, to me that place is amazing! I am visualizing serene and enlightenment!

Has anyone visited the Grand Cannon or visited places in the world that gave you a spiritual awakening or stands out from the rest of all the other places you have visited?

A couple of weeks ago at Xmas In The Park we met a young family with two children, they came all the way from Switzerland on a boat he had made, when he was 20 years he had a dream of building a boat for him and his family and travel the world, I was so blown away and honored to have met them, to think he came to little ol’ New Zealand is pretty cool, we are so little on the world map. They had only been in the country a week, and already had a job lined up. His children were very well mannered and couldnt quite understand when we asked how their hoilday was going lol, they dont know what a holiday is, travelling is all they know.

Dreams sure did come true for this family.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’ve been to some pretty cool places, but to me the most special place I have ever been to was the Highlands in Scotland. There is something mystical there that speaks to my soul.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’ve flown over the Grand Canyon! I’m going to NZ in December. I travel quite a bit, I’ve been to the UK and the USA (lived in Chicago for 6 months). I’m going to Finland in July. Going to Tasmania in a couple of weeks. Maybe go to China for 3 months sometime this year. We own a house in China. I really loved San Francisco. Really. But I want to go to other places too.

Want to travel the UK more slowly than I did last time, want to go to Ireland while I’m over there.

Would love to go to Antarctica…

Focus

I was born in England and have been back a couple of time, we also visited Wales on one trip.

I lived in NZ for ten years, and now live in Australia. I’ve been back to NZ since I left and visited some of the South Island (I’d previously never seen any of it!) and I’ve been up and down the east coast of Australia on different trips.

I’ve been to parts of America with my parents (Big cities mostly. Chicago and New York) and we also visited Mexico briefly on one trip. (I was too young to really appreciate Mexico at the time, I’d LOVE to go back!) I’d also love to go back to the US and spend some time in San Francisco.

I’ve been to Fiji on a family holiday too.

I’ve been to Thailand and toured around the southern islands on my own, and returned with Mel to do the north of Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.

I want to return to the islands in Thailand to do some deep water solo climbing, I’d love to go snowboarding in Japan and then disappear in to the country side for a while but my number on travel goal is to spend a few months in India.

You can only get a three month Visa so we’d probably venture south and then check out Sri Lanka, re-enter and get another three month visa so we can check out the north, maybe visit Pakistan, then head to Nepal where I would LOVE to spend some time in and around the Himalayas.

If possible I’d also love to visit Bhutan and Kashmir, and one day, hopefully, the stans.

There’s a lot of hard work needed before all of this eventuates, but I’ve got a good feeling about 2009!!!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Forgot to mention a short stay in Hong Kong! It was with my parents (on the way to the states or England, I forget) and we went into a cafe for breakfast, I ordered a cup of tea.

In NZ (where I lived at the time) if you asked for a cup of tea at a cafe, you got a black teabag tea with milk in it. No options, no alternatives. Because of this, I didn’t think to specify.

Anyway, out came a pot of tea. It was green in colour and had leaves in it! After the initial shock (and looking around to make sure I wasn’t the only one drinking this weird concoction) I drank it and remember actually enjoying it. hahaha.

These days I drink a lot of green tea but I had completely forgotten about this story until just then (A story in a book I’m reading reminded me)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Lol Lee that was hardcase about the tea! What part of New Zealand did you live in. What is it about New Zealand that travellers from way up the world chart want to come visit and stay?

Oh Yes themadcookieman! Scotland would be quite mystical place! You are so lucky to have visited such a amazing place. And to Freygan, gosh you have visited so many places, to even have a house in China! Thats pretty cool.

Everyone has been around here, there and everywhere! The places you have all visited are so exciting, this world is mind blowing!

You are quite right about 2009 Lee, this year is going to be a good year! So far everything from the 1st for me have started off with a bang. Upon reading and visualizing all the places you have all been to visiting, it certaintly enlightens to make travelling put on a things to do list!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh Freygan! You have flown over the Grand Cannon! First thought I had was to jump into it lol! I see myself with my arms spread out and floating calmy down amongst it! Oh I feel silly now, Ive gone all red! Sometimes I get carried away with emotion lol!

Hi Pure Essence~ I used to live in Arizona and only went to the Grand Canyon one time, but it was magnificent! If you are up for an experience, ride the mules down to the bottom – or take the train. I haven’t been there since they built the overlook made of glass, but I’m going to Arizona in a couple of weeks and may work it into my plans.

There is another place in Arizona that I would highly recommend if you are thinking about traveling here and that is Sedona, Arizona. The locals call it Red Rock country. It attracts many spiritual pilgrims seeking peace and enlightenment.

Cheers!!
MM

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

After watching Revolutionary Road yesterday, I’ve been thinking about travelling again. The true drop-everything-and-GO kind of travel. I’d love to just buy a ticket and see what happens. I’m so proud of my parents too. They are going on a road trip to Victoria in 3 weeks and they haven’t booked a thing. This is most likely going to put my mum a little out of her comfort zone which is good, I’m so glad they are throwing themselves in like that :)

I mostly travel in my head now, and love to read travel stories and get so excited when I hear of others going on a trip. 10 years ago (before the husband & kids) I lived for 3 years in Scotland. I climbed Ben Nevis and was so lucky to have the most perfect sunny day with not one cloud and the highlands went forever. I lived in Edinburgh at first, coming from my part of Australia where nothing much was built before the 1960’s I was blown away by the antiquity of the buildings, cobbled streets, stone walls and the traditions. I spent two years in the Shetland Islands and would recommend anyone to see this different tiny island place in midway between mainland Scotland and Norway. Ohhh they were the days. But right now is where it’s at and I won’t dwell on the past! Bon voyage to anyone considering or on a trip right now.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content